GregTech-6 Main Thread

Another GregTech Update has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

Ingots, Plates and Gem Plates can now be placed in World! (I just always wanted that to be doable but never got to it).

And as always, the Patreon Post should follow up later today or somewhen tomorrow. :wink:
unless Patreon is broken.

5 Likes

Oh right I need to Post something! First I will link the Dental stuff (everything is fine there, no pain whatsoever). ^^

Now for the Version. I got shit done last week, and I plan to this week too, at least I do not see anything that could hinder me right now! :smiley:

Lots of people pointed me to a few Mods, and honestly, those Mods are not all that good. But hey I did what I could for them! And because I never handled the colored Fluorite Crystals from Reikas Mods while seeing that Rockhounding does have them too, I just had to add Support now. Also since I did plan to add some Surface Quartz Type of Ore quite a while ago but the name “Quartz” was already taken I procrastinated that back then, but now that I saw Milky Quartz existing, I decided to just add that as a Rock-Ore-Layer and add lots of Recipes to make it as interchangeable with Nether Quartz as possible (though some of those Recipes are in the next Version).

While doing Compat for the Electrical Age Mod I realised that me unificating Stuff to other Mod Items can be quite devastating if you uninstall those Mods and then lose the Items even though an equivalent Item exists already. So I decided to make a safeguard into my own Blocks to fallback onto an equivalent OreDict Item in case the Item loaded form the Save File does not exist. This only works on the GT6 Storage Containers though! It does not in the Player Inventory.

Speaking of uninstalling, I hate how Reikas Mods require an “Uninstaller Mod” in order to be uninstalled because he messes with the Item and Block ID Map for absolutely no fucking reason.

So, I would do a Patreon Post now, but I sense that Lunch is ready, so that might take a while. That is if Patreon actually lets me post shit, because last time it did not.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/31681548

Anyways, thank you all for your Support and the Download Page Link is right up there in the Automated Update Post. ;D

5 Likes

Lots upon lots of fixes and Gameplay Improvements. Also an NEI Handler to give at least a slight hint for certain Relations between some Items.

And as always, the Patreon Post should follow up later today or somewhen tomorrow. :wink:

6 Likes

Many things have been fixed and polished this week. I’m glad that I got to fix certain Bugs I never knew about before.

Well then, the Changelog actually has details, so I dont need to repeat those. Patreon is probably still broken, so I am not even gonna try this week. I did a Blog Post a bit ago already, so nothing to say there. And there is no meaningful Features to Game Progression, though Stuff is definitely easier to look up in NEI, and Adamantium got a new high Tier Axle&Gearbox use.

The reason I did so many fixes is because I kinda want stuff to just work better. I should work on actual Features soon. ^^

4 Likes

ZPM Decharger for EU and QU respectively.

5 Likes

So lets see whats left on that List, after I did the ZPM Decharger and nerfed ZPMs back to their old Values.

■ Fermenter Multiblock
■ Massfabrication related Multiblocks (gonna be this week)
■ Heat Exchanger Multiblock (though I am not 100% sure how I could manage that nicely)
■ A Small Fuel Powered Engine
■ Better handling of distribution of Crucible Fluids towards Molds.
■ Enabling Nuclear Explosions (Gonna be on December 31st or January 1st, depending on your Timezone)
■ And ofcourse Fusion (that’s likely gonna be the last thing I do, or I might do it right before the Winter holidays, remember that I am still gonna fix eventual Bugs or disbalances once I abandon GT6)

Seems very doable in a Month. Might be a bit stressful near the end (with all the holiday related bullshit interrupting me), but hey it’s over soon anyways so a bit of stress doesn’t hurt much, and might be what I need for motivation on a project I am mostly burnt out on (due to how crappy MC is, and having the desire to want to work on something better and more streamlined, mostly, heck that was the reason I gave up GT5 too).

Since I guess Patreon probably craps out again, thank you all for your Support. :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Multiblock Matter Fabricator running on 4 ZPM Quantum Dechargers.

6 Likes

https://www.patreon.com/posts/32402595

This time it was a Post working first try. But I need to make some serious considerations on ditching Patreon because of its constant Software Issues.
If everything works properly IRL, I wont really need additional money anymore anyways.

And as the Post Title says, Fusion is gonna be around the Holidays! ^^

4 Likes

Got the Fusion Reactor to run like it should.

6 Likes

Interesting, that Link in the Changelog got Converted into a simple Link saying “Youtube”

Anyways, we finally got Fusion for the Holidays. Hurray! :smiley:

Now only tiny things are missing which I am definitely gonna add no matter what, even if I run out of time (or actually motivation, I’m tired yet too active to sleep at the same time for some reason), so don’t worry I will add that Fuel->RU Motor and the few missing Multiblocks for sure, as well as the Vibranium Fusion Recipe and some way to get Vibramantium. ^^
Oh right and ofcourse the Mold Extender thingy I promised. XD

I’m so glad that the first part of making my own Game is actually just searching for a good Top Level Domain (with the unique name I am going to use everything seems free) and the .onion Version of it (as a good fallback, because paranoid), and setting up basic Code Stuffs, so nothing to actually “program” on, so even if i run out of time I can still do a little GT early January, but I really dont want to let it come to that.

I won’t attempt to post on the broken as fuck Patreon again until I consider GT6 done. :wink:

6 Likes

Large Fermenter for bulk creation of Biomass. I know I might be a bit late with some of the promised Stuff, but it will happen. ^^

4 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Multiblock Heat Exchanger (16384 HU/t), Crucible Crossing, Diesel Motors and the Multiblock Squeezer!

7 Likes

There it is, the final major Release of GT6 that I actively worked on personally (apart from eventual Bugfixes). Time for me to go to the IC2 Forums and Patreon as to Announce me leaving those two places.

The IC2 Forums because they are pretty much abandoned by now, not even Chocohead is there anymore. I will close by Mega-Thread there after 7.5 years of working on GregTech. It’s been a fun time. ^^

And Patreon because not only do I not really need extra Money anymore, but also because their Website started to break more and more in the past few months, and that is just unacceptable for a Site with their purpose. Should I ever decide to allow recurring Donations again, I might consider the GitHub Sponsors Feature.

I am currently importing GT6 into GitHub (might be finished after I’m writing this). That way it might be easier to find Contributors than the in hindsight dumb Gitea way I originally did. The Link to its GitHub Organization is here:

I hope the import is gonna go right. Contributions will ofcourse be accepted, just please don’t hope for it to be instant. But at most 1 or 2 weeks should be the thing, maybe a month. Still better than certain other Mods! Also gonna depend on what the submitted PR is ofcourse. :wink:

Well then. I’m gonna go link this Post on Patreon and the IC2 Forums now. ^^

6 Likes

Congrats on finishing your mod Greg.

I remember checking your thread on the IC2 Forums years back. Never made an account though.

Also I’m seeing a link to your channel on your profile. Any plans on making videos in the future?

4 Likes

I once planned for GT5, but the Videos did not turn out. Though I do wanna show Stuff from my Game in Video Form, so that might happen. Or I will just upload some form of GIF. XD

Already got a Bug Report, but a very minor one (a Tooltip doubled up), so existence of upcoming Bugfix Release confirmed. Just not instant since its not really needed.

5 Likes

You may not remember me but I was pretty active on the IC2 forums 7-8 years ago when you started GregTech and I just wanted to say its been cool watching you grow from making an IC2 addon to being a major part of the Minecraft modding community as a whole. Gl on your future endeavours.

8 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

5 Likes

Well, I finally “unlaunched” my Patreon Page. And I was perfectly right to do this one week after my final Post as Patreon decided to disable access to all the Posts I have made over the years. Hurray for giving me one singular choice there. Oh and if I would have needed to access any other billing history for tax reasons or whatever, I cannot do that either.
So if I had to do it (which I luckily dont have to), then I would need to relaunch my Creator Page, trigger all sorts of Notifications for all former Patrons, might have to do that during the billing Cycle so they would end up having to pay for one month, and then read the Statistics to give accurate Statements about income and Stuff, and then unlaunch the Patreon Page again, resulting in even more potentially funky Stuff!

So since paranoid old me never ended up “needing” to use the money, I decided to stop dealing with their incompetence and just not take money anymore until I really require it.

Okay with that out of the way then: This is obviously a Bugfix Release. The next Release will automatically trigger the Notification for people that a stable Update is ready. ^^

5 Likes

So the weight of the stuff you throw into the mb crucible is half of what it normally is?

3 Likes