My computer died and corrupted my world, RIP

To create one shortcut you have to pay ONLY 0,99$.

2 Likes

What a bargain, compared to the Monitor Stands that cost like what? a thousand bucks and aren’t even rotateable?

1 Like

~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/

Does this help?

2 Likes

does that contain your saves Folder?

1 Like

Yes it contains the saves, configs, etc.

2 Likes

Okay now that we know that the location we need is ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/ we can try finding a solution for the apple variant, even though I have no fucking clue where to properly start… This all may take a while. I’m gonna convert this to a Support Thread so it wont be randomly forgotten about!

@Sparrowghoul We probably already got all information we need, apart from maybe where the Launcher is located so we can actually launch the Minecraft Launcher at the end of the Backup

1 Like

You could write a simple bash script for this thing. Apple machines should have it preinstalled.

2 Likes

What launcher are you using?

2 Likes

I appreciate it! The ~ might be an apple shortcut for user, so it might be users/me/library/application support/minecraft/saves

2 Likes

Whatever the normal minecraft launcher is.

2 Likes

Oh, why not the MultiMC? The default launcher sucks so hard that’s unimaginable.

2 Likes

Maybe add FTBLib? It has a config file you can setup backups. It announces them in game.

3 Likes

If it is as easy as writing a bash script, then I can do that, but I would still need to know how to “launch” the Launcher from a bash script. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

FTBLib and Aroma Backup are the two most popular ones (Aroma has more options and configurability).

MultiMC and it’s better fork PolyMC let you run pre-launch (and post-shutdown) commands where you can make a backup too.

(Vanilla launcher sucks horribly)

2 Likes

Too bad PolyMC still doesn’t support an upgrade option.

2 Likes

I still don’t know what you mean by that? ^.^;

1 Like

For example, I update my pack and release a new ZIP file. In PolyMC it appears you can only start a whole new instance with the URL of the zip, instead of upgrading in place.

2 Likes

It’s open source, PR in that functionality then. :wink:

1 Like

I guess this is solved then technically. Sorry again for forgetting about this. ^^"

2 Likes