GregTech-6 Main Thread

[FIXED] Worldgeneration in different Dimensions had the same RNG as on the Overworld. Now the Seed is being XOR-ed with the Dimension ID to prevent that. This has the convenient Side Effect of the Overworld staying the same as before, because it’s ID is Zero.

I was wondering why when I built a neather portal on a tetra vein, I landed in a tetra vein in the neather.

2 Likes

You mean with GT5 Style Ore Generation? Yeah that was the exact reason this happened. And it happened to basically every Worldgen Feature, including the GT6 Stone Layers. Though that is gonna be fixed now. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I forgot about that… the neather still uses the old every 3 chunks veins doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Not anymore since recently.

1 Like

I was wondering why Bear keeps saying you removed ore veins from the nether but I don’t see it in the changelog. Why do this? I haven’t done much mining in the nether, but why not have the ores there?

2 Likes

[ADDED] Netherquartz now generates in large flat Layers in the Nether. The old GT5 Veins and the Small Ores for Netherquartz wont generate anymore.
[ADDED] Sulfide Ore Crystals now generate on the Nether ceiling so that it is now possible to actually live in the Nether with most of GT6s Features.

Pretty sure that was in the Changelog. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I genuinely hate how i did GT5 Style Ore Generation, that’s why I want to get rid of it.

1 Like

That literally does not appear in the change log on the web site. So there’s still ore there, just different? Cool.

2 Likes

But I copied it from the Changelog on the Website?!

1 Like

Oh wow, there it is; all thew way back under 6.14.02. I was expecting it to be in the unreleased 6.14.09. I guess I better update.

2 Likes

[REMOVED] Some of the Tools that did not make proper sense like the Flint Club, Sword and Hoe.

Wait… why do all of the other flint tools make sense, but not the sword, club, and hoe? How will I BBQ my cows now? :slight_smile:

Hrm… it appears you can still make a flint sword, but you have to compress the flint into crystaline flint plates first.

2 Likes

Flint Knife still has Fire Aspect lol.

Also you are starting to flood the Main Thread again. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

a suggestion of large machine: large crystallizer
In the later stage, a large number of circuits (especially fusion reactors) are needed, but the speed of the crystallization is so slow that people are crazy. It is necessary to build a batch crystallizer that can ignore the over frequency loss.
Structure design: bottom 3x3 heat acceptor, second layer of 3x3 invar wall, side main block (or you can use tungsten wall or titanium wall, if you like), third layer of 3x3 crystallization unit (craft with iridium crucible, working with animation), top layer of 3x3 wall.
Also, as I mentioned before, the large burner mixer, which is also a good idea.

2 Likes

GT6 is out, but something screwed up the Forum Post and @OvermindDL1 is currently not there to fix it…

1 Like

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

I made a Fake NEI Recipe List for Toolhead on Handle Crafting. This should make it easier to see what you can use for things.

4 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

Miniature Portals for Aroma1997’s Mining Dimension. Because those are really needed for transporting Stuff back Home.

5 Likes

I know I don’t say it as much as I should, but thanks for being so receptive to feedback, and for all of the work you’ve put into GregTech over the years. I’ve been having a blast with GT6, both now and years ago when I first started playing. Thanks again for the great mod, and here’s hoping Mechaenetia is just as good or even better!

4 Likes

I just want to know what’s on the todo list right now Which ones are basically certain to be added (such as methane ice), but they have not yet been added. Some of them may be considered, but they may not be added (such as the large machine I proposed), and some of them may not be added (such as multiblock energy storage). I don’t understand the order of their possibilities, and you don’t seem to want to continue adding new things to GT6, I’ve been worried about this all the time (and I do have some annoying things, such as the crazy slow titanium and circuit board manufacturing efficiency)

2 Likes

Please stop trying to understand my randomness when it comes to doing stuff, right now I only fix GT6 Issues I find or that get reported, the rest is very unlikely to happen for now.

And is Titanium really that crazy slow?

1 Like

You may need OKR or other time management tools to end the casual and random way of working, which will waste a lot of time. Trust me, it should be very helpful to you.

To be honest, titanium processing is not too slow. If you only do some basic titanium machines, but considering that the bedrock mining drill needs 1319 units of titanium, the burner mixer does not have the multithread like common mixer to offset the over frequency punishment, which leads to the waiting hours if you want to do several bedrock drills. Moreover, the treatment of titanium tetrachloride is a
recipe with two items of input, two fluid inputs, two fluid outputs (if ilmenite is used, and one additional item output) and needs ignition. This leads to the lack of use of the surface of single block burner mixer, and it is necessary to use extender to realize automation, and the pipeline will be arranged in a very complex and ugly.

2 Likes

That is a Bug of the Oversight kind, thanks for mentioning that. Those Mixers should have Parallel Processing too like the normal and electric Mixer.

1 Like