GregTech-6 Main Thread

Hm… Right now Im still playing GT5u, does GT6 already have decent late-game content? Is it worth switching/ Are there good modpacks out there? Also thanks for all the time you put into creating that mod^^

2 Likes

Well the Fusion Reactor exists, and Mass Fabricators can be a decent Energy Sink. There wont be all that many new Features in the future so you basically got everything it will have if you switch.

It is definitely much more consistent and less of a pain in the ass to play than GT5U, once you got past learning the Crucible mechanics. :wink:

As for Modpacks, there is a Default Config Pack on the Downloads Page that does all the Worldgen Settings to be less laggy by disabling things that couldn’t generate anyways.

1 Like

I’ve been playing GT6 for… 3 years now I think? About a year ago I would have said the only things it was missing to be complete were fission and fusion reactors and those got added several months ago. I still have yet to actually build them though. In my last world I got up to a magnalium gas turbine that seemed to provide more power than I could ever use short of building a matter fab ( still not done that either ). I wasn’t really sure why I should build a matter fab last time since by the time you can do that you basically have everything and it can’t make more radioactive reactor fuels, which is the main thing I used IC2’s mass fab for… that and the ultra rare iridium.

2 Likes

Hrm… for some reason forestry mining backpacks accept crushed ores, but not cobblestone/full GT ore.

2 Likes

Does GT6 have any compatibility for computercraft? I can’t find it mentioned in the changelog. Like, can a computercraft computer read an EU meter, or the charge state of a battery box? Seems like you could write a rather useful program to control when to start and stop generators with that.

2 Likes

I am not sure if ComputerCraft can do something like that. There once was something planned for OpenComputers but I dont fucking know how to write a “Driver” for that, because I don’t use Computer Mods myself. There is a reason I allow Redstone Control for things using Covers.

As for the Backpacks, I don’t know how Forestry defines what is an Ore and what isn’t. Clearly OreDict isn’t a factor if that kinda shit happens.

1 Like

Yea, I have always just used the GT6 sensors and redstone signals, but thought it might be nice to try a computer and have it be able to read an EU meter and make better decisions based not only on state of charge, but current power demand, and more intelligent hysteresis.

2 Likes

It’s not too hard, I’ve seen the API and it’s pretty simple if you need help, and I know OC people are around on occasion as well.

1 Like

Hrm… so there’s a section in forestry’s backbacks.cfg that says ore dictionary names for the miners backpack, and it has like 10,000 lines of stuff in it that includes oreGarnierite, and several other flavors, but it doesn’t seem to have oreDiorite*. It has tons of oreLimestone*, just not the diorite ones. Let me add it. There we go!

Grass rope won’t go into the builder’s backpack. How do you figure out the “name” of it? NEI just lists the itemID.

2 Likes

The Item ID is a String, the MetaData can be visible through NEI itself. Maybe install Minetweaker and use the “/mt hand” command or whatever it is called.

1 Like

Well apparently it isn’t “grassRope” :wink:

2 Likes

yeah duh, its not oredicted so ofcourse that wont work.

1 Like

So what’s the item string for it? I thought I would see it in MultiTileEntityRope.java but apparently not.
I have “Stone Hematite Ore” that also won’t go in. There’s nothing mentioning Hematite in the config either but I tried adding both oreHematite and oreStoneHamatite and it still won’t go in.

2 Likes

there is a reason i said to use MineTweaker, things like this are far more complicated than that and giving you one ID + MetaData at a time is absurdly inefficient.

One example for how an ID looks like is “minecraft:string” or “gregtech:somethingsomething”. How you enter MetaData in that Forestry Config I do not know, but MetaData is a requirement.

1 Like

There’s a bunch of Railcraft:blah minecraft:blah Forestry:blah in here from Bear’s pack I started with like 2+ years ago… then there’s another section for oredict that seems to have a bunch of GT stuff. I wonder why the oredict for “oreHematite” or “oreStoneHematite” did not work. And why did “oreDioriteGarnierite” work, but “oreGarnierite” does not count Diorite Garnierite?

2 Likes

I dont know either, its Forestry, maybe something is broken in its Config. Having to whitelist that many OreDict Entries is probably harder than just whitelisting the Ore Blocks those entries come from.

And as far as I know any OreDict Entry that starts with “ore” should already be allowed in that Backpack.

1 Like

the brown rope is probably gregtech:gt.multitileentity:32011 though I don’t know if the metadata depends on your ID configuration.

Grass rope is gregtech:gt.multitileentity:32013 at least in my game.

2 Likes

So I have made a thermos instead of a jug to carry water around with me and decided that since I have an IC2 crop harvester harvesting melons to make methane and have more than I can use, I’d fill it with melon juice since I may as well get a little hunger in addition to the hydration. It seems to have a random chance when I drink it though of causing a hunger debuff. What’s up with that? It doesn’t seem to be a hidden counter response like drinking too much and getting a sugar rush but rather is just totally random.

2 Likes

Should probably put these issues in separate bug threads rather than the main GT-6 thread, else they are going to get lost in the responses.

2 Likes

Yes, some Drinks have a Hunger Side Effect that shows up rarely randomly.

1 Like