GregTech-6 Main Thread

Weird… I thought taps could remove liquid from any machine, even if it’s in the input slot. They can remove calcite from fluidized bed burning boxes, and every other machine I’ve ever tried… and I could have sworn I had used them to recover distilled water from boilers before moving them in the past.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does selenium have no use?

2 Likes

Would probably be more useful if there were aliens in the game.

2 Likes

Has aluminum brass always required annealed copper? I don’t remember having to anneal it before.

2 Likes

You do not have to anneal it, the recipe says normal Copper for me. Annealed is an option though if you have it already.

1 Like

Says annealed for me and I assumed it would take either but when I threw them both into the large steel crucible and let it reach the correct temperature it wouldn’t fuse into aluminum brass so I had to pour it all out and anneal the copper.

2 Likes

I just upgraded to the latest release from the one immediately prior and NEI still says it requires annealed copper. There are two pages for how to make it via combination smelting: one with dust, and one with ingots, both require annealed.

2 Likes

Annealed Copper Dust should not exist at all, so that one is clearly regular Copper in NEI

1 Like

Ahh, sorry, only the aluminium is dust; on both pages it shows an annealed copper ingot. No way to make it with regular copper, and like I said, I tried and it didn’t work.

2 Likes

Hrm… it also apparently can’t be extruded in a low temp extruder, which I also don’t remember being a requirement before.

2 Likes

Okay what the heck, it doesn’t show Copper for me either… Something is wrong for sure.

1 Like

Is it just the not taking normal copper that is wrong, or should it also be extrudable with a low temperature extruder? I mean it handles all of the other copper alloys and aluminum so it seems it should handle aluminum brass with its even lower melting point than bronze.

2 Likes

So this last version has nerfed tool charge rate. My LV wrench is now only charging in the LV battery box at 32 EU/s instead of 32 EU/t. You said it would only update once per second but that the overall rate would be the same, just with fewer updates.

2 Likes

That was a Bug and already got fixed.

1 Like

Hrm… another little oddity: charcoal dust -> CO2 in the roasting oven requires pure oxygen; it won’t take air.

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out a way to get item pipes to split the items evenly between two machines so you can run two of them in parallel?

2 Likes

Hopper in exact Mode, and then the Basic Machines you are trying to insert into in “only fill empty slots” Mode. That is basically how to do that kinda thing.

2 Likes

I’m confused… normally a centrifuge will accept up to 64 items into a slot and it will work on centrifuging those items… I’m not aware of a way to make it not accept a full slot of items.

2 Likes

Also… I just tried to set up a methane from melon production system, and I thought that methane, being a gas, would flow out of a drum upwards, but it just seemed like it would not flow into the bottom of a drum for storage waiting to go out upwards later. I had to pipe it into the side of the drum instead.

2 Likes

I literally just told you how to do exactly that. What do you think “only fill empty slots” means?

And Gasses go both ways frmo a Drum or Tank.

1 Like