GregTech-6 Main Thread

I just upgraded from 6-12.01 to 6-14.00 and am being told that thousands of gt items are missing when I load, do I want to delete them?

2 Likes

I would check and make sure you did put 6.14 in your mod folder, sounds like it might have got lost.

2 Likes

I did not remove any of the Items and even if I did, I wouldn’t remove thousands, so you clearly didnt actually install GT6.

If the Gearbox says its interlocked properly, then it WILL work if you put the proper power in with the proper rotation direction.

1 Like

psusi@faldara:~/.minecraft/mods$ ls gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.00.jar
gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.00.jar

There are 1389 missing blocks and items in this save.

Now that’s weird
 I went to download the previous version and noticed that 6-14.00 was still in ~/Downloads, so I moved it to ~/.minecraft.mods/ again and now it’s working. I don’t know of any way that an mv command can magically make a copy of a file instead, and one that doesn’t throw some sort of parser error while loading, but doesn’t work right.

This is with gears on both turbine sides, axle facing up with a gear there as well, and it says the gears are interlocked properly even though you said that makes a triangle and so won’t work. It doesn’t rotate though. I monkey wrenched one turbine so they are both spinning the same way.

When I try using 4 gears like you suggested, it says that they are NOT interlocked properly. I also tried using a tachometer and it doesn’t seem to work. I tried attaching it directly to just a lone turbine and got no reading. I connected an axle to the turbine which then visually spun, and attached the tachometer to the axle, and still got no reading.

I have also tried moving one turbine to the north side of the gearbox and the axle both facing up and south to no avail. I tried moving one turbine to the bottom side of the gearbox with the axle facing up/down to no avail.

Am I misunderstanding the power labeling? Both turbines are powered by two dense and one regular invar boiler so they are generating 96 RU/t. That’s too much for a bronze gearbox ( tried it and the gears broke ).

2 Likes

can mv fail if the file is still accessed by something and you have an ntfs filesystem? Because if it fails, then it wont move the File.

And why the fuck do you still have the Axle of the Gearbox enabled? Disable it, you dont need it for this, and the Axle DOES connect to the Gears too!

And an open Square with one Gear missing is NOT a triangle.

And why the heck do you run such complicated Steam Setups? With those its almost guaranteed that you dont run the proper amount of power to both sides of the Gearbox at the same time, and then you need to un-jam the Gearbox afterwards with a Soft Hammer before it works again.

1 Like

Yea, Windows is stupid like that, but if it does fail you don’t end up with a file in the destination either. And I’m on Linux.

Huh? I thought there was always an axle, it was just a question of which way you faced it? What’s the axle for then? I tried it without the axle and it still doesn’t rotate ( but says interlocked properly ).

What is complicated about it? It’s two identical turbines that I’m just trying to combine with a gearbox. Since they are identical, how would they not run the same power at the same time?

2 Likes

Holy moley! I finally got it! I did NOT reverse one turbine, and did NOT set the axle direction of the gearbox, and instead just set a gear in the east/west/up sides and it’s working! I guess that kind of makes sense if the west gear rotating clockwise turns the top gear counter clockwise, which then turns the east gear clockwise. How does the axle work then?

2 Likes

The Warm Up Phase of the Boilers is complicated. For a short time the Power Input of the Turbine isn’t at full and it doesn’t run at full Speed. Now I am pretty sure this at the very least only voids a little bit of Power, but there was a time when this jammed the Gearbox (before you updated).

And the Axle is simply there so you can accept and emit power from yet another face, like all Axles do, I will not go down to the level of explaining rotation logic of REAL LIFE GEARS AND AXLES because I am shitty at explaining.

1 Like

How do they couple to the axle? The gears otherwise seem to couple to one another at the edges of the cube with no internal gearing. If that is how they couple to the axle as well, then the only way they would couple is if the axle and gear were both on the same face of the cube, in which case, the axle would be pretty pointless since the gear itself already couples power to the adjacent cube. I assumed that there would be some more gears inside the gearbox with maybe an S gear on the axle itself to couple power.

2 Likes

They couple by touching. You can see the Axle and how it looks like. Seriously it is that simple. If Axle goes through Gear then its connected. What kind of complicated mechanism are you expecting this to be? Everything is as extremely simple as it can possibly be!

You forgot that the Axle connects to the opposite face too! And that can be VERY useful! (especially if you want to save Material on Gears)

Riddle me this, if there was some complicated hidden Gears in that thing, How would they do anything without being rotationally symmetrical?

The whole Gearbox is designed for YOU to add the Gears, not anything else.

1 Like

Hrm
 so you can pipe things into molds, but not a casting basin? I picked up drum full of magma and am trying to cast some of it into obsidian, and can’t get it into the basin either by clicking with the drum, a measuring pot, using a faucet, or piping it in.

Heh
 I used the measuring pot to pour it into my mixing bowel that is piped with water, stuck my hand in, gave it a stir, and pop
 obsidian!

3 Likes

The Fluid Lava has to enter the Basin 9000L at a time, you CANNOT fill the Basin partially it has to go in ALL AT ONCE. Drum with Auto-Output should do the trick if placed ontop of the Basin.

And yes the Mixing Bowl does Obsidian when used with Water.

2 Likes

I don’t know, how you get 9000 liters. From 1 stainless steel drum I get approximately 64 obsidian blocks.

3 Likes

I think 1 block is equivalent to 1000L so technically 9 blocks of molten material.

2 Likes

oops i forgot. its 1000L at a time. Then something else stopped the Basin from working, probably the fact that you cant rightclick Molds. XD

2 Likes

Yea, the pipe I was using only had 300L capacity.

2 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

This will be the new Farming Room in the Dungeon, it kindof is a Seed Vault, since it offers a lot of different Plants and Saplings for you to use.

7 Likes

Nice that’s a big update, lot of compatibility stuff going on. Been waiting for this one to release looks like it’s time to open a portal to Twilight forest.

wut? :rofl:

4 Likes

Hrm
 I can’t seen to remove distilled water from a boiler with a tap. What gives?

2 Likes

That is not implemented that way. Taps only work on specific things, the Boiler not being one of them. Yes Tiny Funnels work on Boilers, but Taps dont.

2 Likes