GregTech-6 Main Thread

I tested running the bedrock drill in creative when that was added. Had to run it for a couple of hours just to get one damn unit of bedrock dust. And you need to get 210 of those to electrolyze one batch of adamantium ( 3 ). You really expect me to set up a server to host my game and run a bedrock drill 24/7 for a month? And I guess just void the tens or hundreds of thousands of units of stone and ore. Eff that. Maybe if the chance on getting the impure dust was only 1/100 instead of 1/1000. Thatā€™s just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Itā€™s RNG, I got one in less than a minute in creative. Youā€™re supposed to scan the adamantine and replicate it anyway

3 Likes

Yes, but while that only needs 1 unit, the smallest batch of it you can get is 3, which takes 210 impure bedrock dust, which means you have to drill, on average, 210,000 blocks.

3 Likes

You are aware the Bedrock Drill can run way fast if you provide it with power from all 4 Sides?

2 Likes

Just drill enough to make 1 tartarite ingotā€¦ (assuming it can be replicated)

3 Likes

Yea, so if I built 4 magnalium turbines I would only have to run it 24/7 for two weeks and still have 210,000 ore to void ( and about 8x as much stone ), and would need 575 MILLION L of lubricant. And thatā€™s just to train the mass fab how to spend huge amounts of energy making more.

4 Likes

hmm I started a new game and realized that most of this engine confuses me. These tooltips says its about 50% efficient but conversion rate is 25%. Before I could run a bronze boiler, bronze BB and Bronze engine to powering a crusher to crash ore. But now? ā€¦ I must to use steel BB

2 Likes

Uhh compare the Input and Output, Efficiency doesnā€™t have any additional penalty.

2 Likes

the tooltips says converts 200l steam to 100 KU Efficiency: 50%, but input is for bronze engine 24 - 96 Steam/t and output 6 - 24 Ku/t. Thatā€™s 200L steam to 50 KU. Or I missing something?

2 Likes

Efficiency is NOT AN ADDITIONAL PENALTY, its just an information. Its still exactly the same IN/OUT ratio that the Tooltip says.

2 Likes

Ok. That was my misunderstanding. First I am a bit confused because I remember using complete bronze setup for first crushing in earlier version but thatā€™s impossible now, because bronze boiler and bronze BB gives only 48l steam/t. Or perhaps my memory is badā€¦

2 Likes

48 Steam per tick should be enough shouldnā€™t it? Why donā€™t you try it?

2 Likes

because 48l steam is 12KU and bronze crusher need min 16KU :frowning: I try, but machine didnā€™t start working unless I give them 64l steam

2 Likes

Steam is generally a 2 Liters to 1 Energy Unit ratio at 100%. So yeah, you need 64L of Steam to run it. But remember the bronze Engine can still be used on the Crucible to blow Air in for making Steel.

2 Likes

ok :slight_smile: thx for reply

2 Likes

Can somebody give me standard GE6 .lang file? I can localize it to russian language ./.

4 Likes

Sure thing, here you go.

gregtech.lang (4.8 MB)

3 Likes

I cant seem to find out how much air does an KU engine generates in a crucible (other then it seemingly making it batches large enough). Or rather at what rate those batches are made. I do apologize if i missed it somewhere.

4 Likes

One Liter of Air per KU. So 1000 KU = 1 Unit of Air.

2 Likes

i found a little bug:
Is normal that the description of Nitric Acid say ā€œLighter than Air (Moves up)ā€?

4 Likes