GregTech-6 Main Thread

IIRC, it seemed to take at least as much osimum as iridium, and you get much less osmium out of sheldonite than you do iridium.

Never seen one of these ZPM things. By the way, you used to need a bank of crystal chargers to run the mass fab stuff for one continuous recipe, but now they can be interrupted, so what is the use of crystal chargers?

3 Likes

They can be used to power up a Fusion Reactor during its Startup Phase. :wink:

2 Likes

I noticed that the fusion reactor takes 8 nether stars?! Iā€™ve killed the wither once in all my years of playing minecraft. Having to kill it 8 times seems a little much.

4 Likes

Just as a hint, itā€™s not only super easy to kill the wither with a few styles, but itā€™s farmable with the right setups too. :wink:

3 Likes

Another easy way to get Netherstars is when you have IC2Classic installed and use Scrapboxing to generate random Resources. There should be a very low chance to get them that way. Though I donā€™t know for sure if I kill that Recipe or not in GT6.

Anyways, GT6 looks good so far so I can release the Big Bugfix Update. Should be nice if I do it today instead of Saturday/Sunday so people have something to play with on the weekend.

5 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

Lots and LOTS of Bugfixes. Also Snow Golems can have their Snowball Poop collected by GT6 Hoppers now without causing Block Breaks.

7 Likes

I decided to try it out and it seems like it only works with TFC classic and not TFC+.
TFC+:

TFC classic:

4 Likes

Uhm what the fuck is TFC Plus? I have never heard of that. And why does it not have the same Mod ID?

4 Likes

TFC+ is a continuation of TFC classic (as the rest of the TFC team is currently working on porting it to 1.12) by dunkleosteus: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/terrafirmacraftplus. Why Dunk decided to change the Mod ID to terrafirmacraftplus, I donā€™t know. All I know is that pretty much every TFC addon had to be rewritten to work with TFC+.

4 Likes

Thatā€¦ seems a bit brokenā€¦ o.O

3 Likes

So I noticed that you can use mercury washing to double the amount of purified platinum bearing ore you get ( sheldonite, sperrylite ) which will help with getting more osmium. Itā€™s a darn good thing Iā€™ve got a few fish traps from Pamā€™s harvest craft, since you have to mass produce tons of them to press and centrifuge out meaningful quantities of mercury. In the process though Iā€™m getting a ton of fish meal, which while you can press into fish bars to eat, I am getting way more than I could ever eat, and you need to restock the traps with bait, which normally is made from string and fish. How about adding a recipe to use fish meal to make the bait?

3 Likes

Fishmeal to bait already exists, check the mixing bowl.

3 Likes

I just noticed that the large crucibles donā€™t have the same heat bonus that the small ones do. Error?

3 Likes

He mentioned that in the changelog when it was added. There isnā€™t the heat bonus like in smaller crucibles.

3 Likes

Why? You apparently canā€™t make large versions of ceramic or vanadium crucibles, making everything but tungsten inherently lower temperature than the small crucible, and on top of that the temperature bonus is halved? The real use I saw for these was in mass producing steel but a steel large crucible can just barely handle melting steel. Maybe it has enough mass that itā€™s workable but it makes me nervous.

3 Likes

Just use the tungstensteel one, itā€™s only like a stack of tungsten which isnā€™t a lot even early game. You can make a lot of steel in the small crucible anyway, thatā€™s what everyone does.

3 Likes

Ahh, donā€™t know how I missed that. But I think I mentioned this to you about a year ago: Pamā€™s recipes turn 3 fish into 8 bait, but yours only give 4. Since some of the things it catches are not considered fish, if you only get 4 bait from 3 fish, it is kind of hard to catch more fish than you spend on the bait. For the fish meal I suppose itā€™s OK since you already ran it through the press, but for other fish, it is odd that you can get twice as much and save yourself some GU by skipping the mixer and using the crafting grid instead.

3 Likes

Weird, I thought I had the Recipes for direct Fish conversion right. Iā€™m gonna check that for the next Bugfix Release.

2 Likes

So the fusion reactor can turn adamantium into vibranium, but how do you get the adamantium? Shouldnā€™t there be a recipe to make that with fusion?

3 Likes

You electrolyze adamantine, which has a chance to come from impure bedrock dust as a rare drop from the bedrock drill. I think there are also bedrock ores for it too, though I havenā€™t seen any of them yet.

3 Likes