GregTech-6 Main Thread

https://www.patreon.com/posts/32402595

This time it was a Post working first try. But I need to make some serious considerations on ditching Patreon because of its constant Software Issues.
If everything works properly IRL, I wont really need additional money anymore anyways.

And as the Post Title says, Fusion is gonna be around the Holidays! ^^

4 Likes

Another GregTech Update has been released!

Cue the fully automatic Changelog:

Got the Fusion Reactor to run like it should.

And as always, the Patreon Post should follow up later today or somewhen tomorrow. :wink:
unless Patreon is broken.

6 Likes

Interesting, that Link in the Changelog got Converted into a simple Link saying “Youtube”

Anyways, we finally got Fusion for the Holidays. Hurray! :smiley:

Now only tiny things are missing which I am definitely gonna add no matter what, even if I run out of time (or actually motivation, I’m tired yet too active to sleep at the same time for some reason), so don’t worry I will add that Fuel->RU Motor and the few missing Multiblocks for sure, as well as the Vibranium Fusion Recipe and some way to get Vibramantium. ^^
Oh right and ofcourse the Mold Extender thingy I promised. XD

I’m so glad that the first part of making my own Game is actually just searching for a good Top Level Domain (with the unique name I am going to use everything seems free) and the .onion Version of it (as a good fallback, because paranoid), and setting up basic Code Stuffs, so nothing to actually “program” on, so even if i run out of time I can still do a little GT early January, but I really dont want to let it come to that.

I won’t attempt to post on the broken as fuck Patreon again until I consider GT6 done. :wink:

6 Likes

Another GregTech Update has been released!

Large Fermenter for bulk creation of Biomass. I know I might be a bit late with some of the promised Stuff, but it will happen. ^^

4 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

Multiblock Heat Exchanger (16384 HU/t), Crucible Crossing, Diesel Motors and the Multiblock Squeezer!

7 Likes

There it is, the final major Release of GT6 that I actively worked on personally (apart from eventual Bugfixes). Time for me to go to the IC2 Forums and Patreon as to Announce me leaving those two places.

The IC2 Forums because they are pretty much abandoned by now, not even Chocohead is there anymore. I will close by Mega-Thread there after 7.5 years of working on GregTech. It’s been a fun time. ^^

And Patreon because not only do I not really need extra Money anymore, but also because their Website started to break more and more in the past few months, and that is just unacceptable for a Site with their purpose. Should I ever decide to allow recurring Donations again, I might consider the GitHub Sponsors Feature.

I am currently importing GT6 into GitHub (might be finished after I’m writing this). That way it might be easier to find Contributors than the in hindsight dumb Gitea way I originally did. The Link to its GitHub Organization is here:

I hope the import is gonna go right. Contributions will ofcourse be accepted, just please don’t hope for it to be instant. But at most 1 or 2 weeks should be the thing, maybe a month. Still better than certain other Mods! Also gonna depend on what the submitted PR is ofcourse. :wink:

Well then. I’m gonna go link this Post on Patreon and the IC2 Forums now. ^^

6 Likes

Congrats on finishing your mod Greg.

I remember checking your thread on the IC2 Forums years back. Never made an account though.

Also I’m seeing a link to your channel on your profile. Any plans on making videos in the future?

4 Likes

I once planned for GT5, but the Videos did not turn out. Though I do wanna show Stuff from my Game in Video Form, so that might happen. Or I will just upload some form of GIF. XD

Already got a Bug Report, but a very minor one (a Tooltip doubled up), so existence of upcoming Bugfix Release confirmed. Just not instant since its not really needed.

5 Likes

You may not remember me but I was pretty active on the IC2 forums 7-8 years ago when you started GregTech and I just wanted to say its been cool watching you grow from making an IC2 addon to being a major part of the Minecraft modding community as a whole. Gl on your future endeavours.

8 Likes

An Update to GregTech has been released!

5 Likes

Well, I finally “unlaunched” my Patreon Page. And I was perfectly right to do this one week after my final Post as Patreon decided to disable access to all the Posts I have made over the years. Hurray for giving me one singular choice there. Oh and if I would have needed to access any other billing history for tax reasons or whatever, I cannot do that either.
So if I had to do it (which I luckily dont have to), then I would need to relaunch my Creator Page, trigger all sorts of Notifications for all former Patrons, might have to do that during the billing Cycle so they would end up having to pay for one month, and then read the Statistics to give accurate Statements about income and Stuff, and then unlaunch the Patreon Page again, resulting in even more potentially funky Stuff!

So since paranoid old me never ended up “needing” to use the money, I decided to stop dealing with their incompetence and just not take money anymore until I really require it.

Okay with that out of the way then: This is obviously a Bugfix Release. The next Release will automatically trigger the Notification for people that a stable Update is ready. ^^

5 Likes

So the weight of the stuff you throw into the mb crucible is half of what it normally is?

3 Likes

What kind of crazy is this? We have something that pumps air already: the vent cover. Why did you not use that? How is a crucible supposed to take KU? It doesn’t have an axle or gears or fan blades in it.

3 Likes

No, the Big Crucible itself is worth 100 Units, but can hold much more than the Small 7 Unit Crucible. Ratios, Percentages, Maths, etc.

It acts like Bellows as it is a piston going back and forth pumping Air into the Crucible, also the Vent Cover cant be attached to the Crucible.

2 Likes

That’s not the part of the changelog I was replying to. You said it is more heat efficient than a single block crucible. Normally the amount of heat you have to add depends on the “weight” of the material you are trying to melt. So for the MB to be more efficient it would need to treat everything as if its weight was less than what the tooltip states.

I’m confused. Time based machines don’t take power, so how could you interrupt the power and make them stall?

3 Likes

I think it’s because you have to heat up the crucible too, and the amount of materials the big crucible takes per volume it can store is a smaller ratio on the big crucible, hence why it is more efficient, because you don’t need to heat up as much crucible compared to the materials inside, although that only holds if you have ‘sufficient’ amount of stuff inside it to melt, too little and it would be less efficient.

2 Likes

Yes this very much is what you were replying to. The Crucible ITSELF is headed up too, not just it’s content. So lighter Crucibles are more Efficient. And bigger Crucibles using less percentual Material per stored Molten Stuff are more Efficient just because of that fact and nothing else.

By using an ON/OFF Switch Cover.

2 Likes

No? Heating the crucible is a one time cost. Once it’s up to temperature each time you throw in more material, let it melt, and pour it into the mold, the cost is only based on the weight of the material. If you want to count the cost of heating the crucible then a small crucible is more efficient since it takes less heat to heat it up. It makes no difference how much material you can leave in it at once.

The only way you could look at this and say the mb is more efficient is if you want to fill the crucible cold, one time, melt everything, then stop and let it cool down, not adding any more material to it, and why would you do that?

Oh weird. Why would you do that? :wink:

By the way, when you go to the GT6 main site to download it, it says it’s mechaenetia.com, which is a little confusing.

3 Likes

That is currently linking to the GT Site. Later it is going to link to my Game’s Site. What you probably wanna bookmark is gregtech.mechaenetia.com instead, which is also linked in the Navbar.

From that perspective, you wont get more Efficiency then. Just remember you will have to turn the Crucible off when you dont use it, otherwise you will eventually melt it.

3 Likes

Doesn’t tossing in more materials cause that to ‘steal’ heat from the crucible though until they are even again? Or I though it did? Thus bigger is still more efficient?

2 Likes