What's your preferred way of playing GT6?

I’m curious how other people play GregTech 6 (vanilla). What other mods are, if any? What configuration? Alone or with others?
Personally, I haven’t gotten to properly-properly play GT6 but have had a brief survival world with it and am working on a private modpack with it.

3 Likes

I play vanilla Gregtech 6! Just Gregtech and NEI, I get overwhelmed with the amount of mods that are in modpacks, but I love Gregtech to death. I play on forced adventure mode, I need it to be hard lol.

4 Likes

Forced adventure mode?

2 Likes

It’s a config setting in the gregtech.cfg file, it basically just adds that extra difficulty by making it so you can’t just punch trees or dirt without tools.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, thank you. It sounds interesting.

2 Likes

personally i’m the exact opposite; i play with as many mods as i can get my grubby little hands on. HBM’s Nuclear Tech, Reika’s mods, Ars Magica, Thaumcraft, you name it! if it’s not absolutely bloated with mods, it’s not something i’d have fun playing. from what i’ve been told, this is a rather unorthodox way to do things ;y

4 Likes

I have no clue how I like doing things. At all. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, looks like i will argue for the balance then. For the GT modpacks we using with family and friends, I’m trying to find a sustainable solution:

• always buildcraft, railcraft, forestry to add some basic tech stuff(and because we play with them from the very beginning of modded minecraft…)
  • immersive engineering, gravisuite, opencomputers, projectRed to add even more tech stuff
  • no “easy tech” like EnderIO or mekanism
  • no magic, with sometimes exception of thaumcraft as “tech-magic”
  • space of course, galactictaft and galactispace
  • item/craft management like AE2 or logistic pipes
  • BiomesOPlenty for world generation
  • lot of “worlds” erebus, twilight forest, atum etc. to make more mining space and variety to your feed
  • some casual additions like bibliocraft, ironchest etc. to add some fancy environment
  • enviromine just to make things harder

Sometimes add few more mods just to check them out, but the core looks like that

Also there is the list to peek from: Compatible Mods for GT6, I’m trying to stick to it

And of course after applying Defauld config pack(1.7.10) usually you will need to spend some time to tune the mods to make them work together properly, but it worth it :}

3 Likes

Btw right now i’m eagerly waiting for 15.02 update, to start combining new modpack and probably launch new GT season :smirk:

2 Likes

“New GT season”? You have a series on GT?

2 Likes

Of course! One season means server run from new beginning to the moment everyone got bored… usually 4-6 months :smiley: , there was already 1st 2022 season, so next would be season 2

2 Likes

Is it a recorded series?

2 Likes

Oh sweet Jesus no! We have Mr. Bear for that :wink:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh, okay.

2 Likes

I play on sadistic ultra hard. SadZombieLand featured starvation, living inside a mob spawner, tornados, and also GT6.

I’m repackaging it right now to start up the server again. I’m scaling back the difficulty a bit for some new people who are joining. I may post the pack later.

This was our early game survival guide:

https://demosthenes.org/Minecraft/SadZombieLand/dist/Guide.html

3 Likes

Hey just so you know, not only I complain about lack of https in links, the Forum does too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Holy shit that is one hard-sounding modpack O_O
I’m rather curious what it’s like.

2 Likes

Sounds like my cup of tea!

2 Likes

Cross post? Teaser background story for my next pack.

3 Likes

If you need an avid player to play it, I would love to try it when it’s finished!

2 Likes