What is chromatic craft?

I have never played with chromatic craft and I wonder if I should try it. Maybe even in a gt6 pack :open_mouth:

Idk what the mod does and how useful is it. I have heard it is very laggy…
If someone can briefly summarise the mod for me that would be great.

2 Likes

Color magic with lots of worldgen dependency.

3 Likes

It’s a magic mod built on exploration with a ‘chromatic’ (color) style magic system. The magic system leans very heavily to magitech (ala thaumcraft but extremely different in styling), and has a bad habit of lagging to hell at times but that’s just how most reika’s mods are (basically any that use dragonapi, which this one does). Has a few crash bugs in single player but decently stable in multiplayer. It is fun if you like exploration, but it is definitely a mod you play ‘with’ other mods, not one you push for on its own but rather ‘discover’ just as you explore and do things.

2 Likes

An interesting mod.
But it causes laaaaaaaags in our GTNH pack.
A CPU snapshot shows it has used a very deep function reference, which can let the NEI become very slow. It will need 5----15 minutes to load its list.
:thinking:

5 Likes

Why would you add chromaticraft to GTNH
D:

3 Likes

To make our GTNH server becomes more interesting and easier!
However, we didn’t know it has this kind of strange side effect at first.
It will take me about 8 minutes to load its material list in NEI, even with my i7-11800H.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Make sure you disable the custom loading screen mod if you want to reduce load time significantly. For me it halved the load time.

3 Likes