What is chromatic craft?

I have never played with chromatic craft and I wonder if I should try it. Maybe even in a gt6 pack :open_mouth:

Idk what the mod does and how useful is it. I have heard it is very laggy…
If someone can briefly summarise the mod for me that would be great.

2 Likes

Color magic with lots of worldgen dependency.

3 Likes

It’s a magic mod built on exploration with a ‘chromatic’ (color) style magic system. The magic system leans very heavily to magitech (ala thaumcraft but extremely different in styling), and has a bad habit of lagging to hell at times but that’s just how most reika’s mods are (basically any that use dragonapi, which this one does). Has a few crash bugs in single player but decently stable in multiplayer. It is fun if you like exploration, but it is definitely a mod you play ‘with’ other mods, not one you push for on its own but rather ‘discover’ just as you explore and do things.

2 Likes

An interesting mod.
But it causes laaaaaaaags in our GTNH pack.
A CPU snapshot shows it has used a very deep function reference, which can let the NEI become very slow. It will need 5----15 minutes to load its list.
:thinking:

5 Likes

Why would you add chromaticraft to GTNH
D:

3 Likes

To make our GTNH server becomes more interesting and easier!
However, we didn’t know it has this kind of strange side effect at first.
It will take me about 8 minutes to load its material list in NEI, even with my i7-11800H.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Make sure you disable the custom loading screen mod if you want to reduce load time significantly. For me it halved the load time.

3 Likes

Hi! I know this is an old post, but i couldnt find the message button. I was wondering how you mamaged to add Chromaticraft to GTNH without it crashing, which version of the mod / DragonAPI did you use? It crashes with pretty much every version of DragonAPI for me. Thanks a lor for any help!

3 Likes

The Message Button is at the top right when you click on the Profile Pic of someone. But it might be that you need to at least have Posts before you can message people, you know, because spam protection and all that Stuff.

Though in this particular case, it is better that you posted in public anyways, maybe someone else wants to know this too. :wink:

4 Likes

As for now, we have successfully founded a server of GTNH 2.2.0.0 .
And we added these reika mods from GTNH 2.1.1.3 .
Also in GTNH 2.1.2.4 .

GTNH 2.1.1.3:
DragonAPI: V30d
ChromatiCraft: V30d

GTNH 2.2.0.0:
DragonAPI: V31b
ChromatiCraft: V31b

However, I do not know the changes which made by other server-modpack maintenance personnel because I only in charge of the modify of RF-mods.

And its CPU reference problem has been solved by GTNH’s N(J)EI.
Now it only causes a lag which lasts few seconds.

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks for the reply! Thats awesome, its exactly what my friends and I are trying to do! Do you think I could somehow contact the people that made the changes or is there a public download link to your modpack? We’ve been holding off while I try to fidget around with DragonAPI, but to no avail. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I asked him and he says he only add the localization files and do nothing else.
You can just have a try.

3 Likes

That’s weird, I just did a fresh install of GTNH 2.2.0.0 and added the 31b version and it crashes no matter what I do. Would he perhaps have a link to the specific files he added? Sorry if its asking too much, I’m not too knowledgable in that stuff and it would really help me out!

3 Likes

Localization files is not useful for you beacause it is ONLY suitable for Chinese.
It only provides language translation so there is no need for you to add it.
You can give me your log files and maybe I could help you.

3 Likes

Oh I see. I’d appreciate it yea! This is the crash log I get on a fresh install adding only DragonAPI 31b: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// My bad.Time: 2022-11-01 03:06:29 EDTD - Pastebin.com

2 Likes

Oops, I know.
I noticed that your pack is a little newer than ours current using pack.
In fact ,there is much work to do to let the reika and other mods fits into GTNH.
This is a system project, and the complexity of GTNH is growing, also, this is not officially supported, so there will be no official help.
You need plenty of test, reading crash report / source code / log and even programming to change the code.
Just throwing the mods into the folder is not workable…
So I’m sorry. For a newer pack, we need much time for debuging so I can not give you a completely solution.

But I can give you some critical points:
Hydroenergy should be removed.
Galaxyspace maybe cause crash, tried to degrade its version(with GC)or change its code.
NEI will crash with DragonAPI IN THE GAME so you had better change its code or wait github’s update.

2 Likes

Yea you’re completely right. I’m using the 2.2.3 version that just came out, thing is, I was still crashing on the 2.2.0.0 version that you’re using, which is why I was wondering how you did it. This is the crash I get using the same version as you. ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Don't do that.Time: 2022-11-01 04:22:00 - Pastebin.com

I was able in the past to make it work by slightly modifying DragonAPI and recompiling it but it was an old version of the mod and I havent been able to do the same on the newer versions.

I would be more than happy using the 2.2.0.0 version if you could point me in the right direction. I totally get that you cant just throw the mods in and expect it to work which I why I was wondering how you guys did it or if you had a public modpack download. I get that its a little weird to ask for a download tho since you probably put a lot of work into making it work, id really just appreciate any tips. Thanks for all the help you’ve given me already and for spending time on this

3 Likes

This modpack is private and experimental, and contains a lot of code level modifications. We not only respect the achievements of our team members but also respect the GTNH team’s work. So I’m sorry we can not distribute this pack. GTNH is still updating. Even if we release a version, you can’t update it to later ones, because there may appears an important mods that you can not remove it but it causes game crash…

3 Likes

As I said I totally understand and props to you for being so respectful! Just knowing that its doable is good enough for me! I’ll try to figure out how to make it work as wel, thanks again for all the help and time, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uh dumb question, GTNH is based on GT5U right? Doesn’t that mean LGPL is in effect there, and the source has to be public?
Waiiit lemme check… aaaand ofcourse GT5U is license-less due to being decompiled code… That’s what I get for forgetting to backup my source before starting GT6, I could’ve put a proper License on it if i did… That or I could have asked Bloody to put LGPL on it, but ofcourse now it is way too late for that…

2 Likes