What is chromatic craft?

Yeah, you are right.
GT5u did no show any lisense.
GTNH-pack give its lisense in a file:
捕获
And we did not modify any code of GregTech in GTNH (LGPL).
We mainly change the code of :
Thermal Expansion (MIT lisence)
Mixin (MIT lisence)
GalacticCraft in GTNH (They obey same lisence with vanilla GC)

2 Likes

Yeah, but I do think that it would have been neat, if you would share your improvements and fixes for others to use. Not like that little bit of fixes would ever be economically viable or monetizable or anything of that regard.

3 Likes

Yes, they must make the source public if its distributed at all to others in any form (like mods to load in client).

Just be forewarned, editing any code that has ever even touched or been linked with into a single jar with code that descended from gt5u must be lgpl and public as well.

And if any other mod there ever had GPL code as well then that infects the whole project and everything must be GPL as well if they link in any form directly at all and thus must be made public and GPL as well. LGPL can become GPL, but GPL cannot become anything else besides AGPL, and AGPL cannot become anything else at all.

2 Likes

Yeah but it wouldn’t be on our end to enforce that, also i dont like enforcing copyright by threatening people…

2 Likes

I admit that our idea at the beginning of this project was to use it privately and do not release it publicly, so we didn’t care too much about open source lisences… Maybe I can set up a tutorial about how to achieve this for newer version of GTNH?

3 Likes

Personally I think that’d be awesome and super generous of you and your team, especially for dummies like me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

i concur, i’d love to take a look at this pack of yours. i’ve wanted to do something similar for a while now!

3 Likes