Waterwheel Addon

Continuing from the “Wind, Watermills and Axles” thread I open this thread for the Waterwheel addon for Gregtech I wrote.

You can build the structure for the multiblock with any wood blocks and the Water Wheel Core in the center.

The structure needs to be rotation symmetric, but it only cares if there is an accepted block at the same place or not, so you can mix it up.

If it does not form right away just right-click it with a magnifying glass.

I don’t seem to be able to reply, since noone did yet so here goes what I wanted to add:

I just found and fixed a bug that resulted in SpecialTileEntities to not render while a waterwheel was visible.
That includes other waterwheels by the way…

New Download is here.

If you find other bugs please report them here.

7 Likes

one question: How i install the addon?

4 Likes

Doesn’t it just work by dropping it into the mods Folder, like every other Mod?

2 Likes

not for me…
I will try something else…

Nope, it doesn’t work in any way.

3 Likes

I was wondering… Why not a crank or handle that generates RU (like 4 or 8) while you right-click it? It will exhaust you like crazy, but it would be a nice way for an emergency generator, like the IC2 one.
(I think that this,along with the waterwheel, would add a reason for making the wooden rotation engine, for early steelmaking)

3 Likes

Hmm thats strange, which gregtech version are you using? and are there any logs?

3 Likes

gregtech_1.7.10-6.12.01
Thats the name of the archive.
And yes, there are a tons of it
I can play with the mod anyways, but the waterwheel core doesn’t appear.
2020-03-20-1.log (5.3 KB)

3 Likes

According to the logs it should still be there. And I even have a server which didn’t break by updating gregtech, but I can confirm, that I also cannot find the block in NEI anymore.

Sadly my dev enviroment is currently broken. Whenever I try to build it I get
“Could not find net.onedaybeard.artemis:artemis-odb-gradle-plugin:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT”

@Gregorius any quick solution to that? otherwise I will make a new thread for that one.

4 Likes

Okay fixed the dev enviroment issue. I just needed to update the gregtech version from the git.
I’ll look into the issue now

4 Likes

Yeah that was a derp on @OvermindDL1 s end combined with an external website updating something.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the download link.
It should be fixed now.

4 Likes

I was hoping hard for it aaaaaaaanddddd…
2020-03-21-2.log (852 Bytes)
crash-2020-03-21_13.10.07-client.txt (9.3 KB)
What happened?

4 Likes

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: wood
at waterwheel.Waterwheel_MOD.onModInit2(Waterwheel_MOD.java:81)
at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModInit(Abstract_Mod.java:213)
… 42 more

that is the Error itself, this looks like it was not obfuscated and you gave the link to the deobfuscated version?

4 Likes

So, he gave us something like the “dev” version?

4 Likes

Exactly, the Dev Version not the real Version.

4 Likes

Wonder why you put the dev version

4 Likes

Because it is hard to see which one is which if you dont already know how it looks like.

4 Likes

Ah yeah, sorry seems I messed up my gradle command^^
I just saw something with the right name after testing it with gradlew runClient, but apparently thats unobfuscated… so yeah I properly built it (and tested it in a non dev minecraft) this time and fixed the upload.

So now everything should be fine

4 Likes

Yeeyyyy!!
Now works!
Is SOOO COOOL!

Just a liiiittle bug: All the wheels rotates at the same direction, doesn’t matter where the water is falling from.
And the axles sometimes spin the other way around as how they should given the original rotation of the wheel.
I don’t expect this issues to be solved quickly, because i know the pain that is solving something like this.

2 Likes

Weird things started to happen
It worked last time!
Nope, it doesn’t now
Not even in a new world

4 Likes