Waterwheel Addon

Oh, they just works with Wooden rotation engines?
They doesn’t seem work with Gearboxes for add power for a dynamo, but for an automatic hammer (You need to connect 4 of them for make it work (16 RU for converting it onto 8 KU). Axles and Gearboxes works really fine for that, bur for another things… Just the Air venting for the Crucible seems functional. I will try more things later)

3 Likes

Maybe it can output more though changing the material of axis and structure block

5 Likes

It actually does not need water to fall onto it you know?

It just needs water touching it. Also there shouldn’t be any woodblocks that do not belong to the waterwheel too close to it while it is trying to form, since it does check a box around the main Block and does not look for a path of wood from the main block to potential waterwheel blocks (flood fill is expensive…).

So any foreign wood block might block the forming of the waterwheel because of it’s rotational symmetrie check…

I’ll test the power transmission once more. But last time I checked it was enough for a bronze auto hammer, which was my intended use case for it, since I didn’t want people setting up massive farms of waterwheels.

5 Likes

One last suggestion? Just for aesthetics (and maybe for easy setup for gearboxes): Can you make it possible to change the rotation of the water wheel by right-click the Water Wheel Core with a Monkey Wrench?

3 Likes

Tried something: Testing onto a RU based machine, like a Centrifuge.

By some weird things, it doesn’t work, even receiving the 32 KU from the waterwheels that it needs. Tested a basic diesel engine + centrifuge but worked well, so… what is happening?

3 Likes

Yup, doesn’t work with Bronze Rotational Engines as well. At least i made a Bronze Automatic Hammer go full power with the Wooden Rotational Engine.

3 Likes

Do you have a github repository or something similar? I would like to learn about how to create an addon for GT :smiley:

4 Likes

There is an Example Mod in the GT6 Code for starters, so you could at least learn very basic GT6 API usage from it. But yeah a GitHub Repo for the Waterwheel might be nice. ^^

4 Likes

Nevermind, I found the directory myself

3 Likes

OK I have successfully started a Greg-API based project from the Example Mod in GT6 Code.
I tried to add a recipe. It is nice.
One problem I get here is that the my items created before I implemented Greg-API as API don’t show their translated names, The lang files in resources/assets/mod_id/lang/en_US.lang for example don’t work anymore. In game those items are just shown as unlocalized ids. How can I solve that?

2 Likes

Oh that… the localization way normal people use was very fucking broken when i started GT6, and since I also never liked opening separate Files to edit Language Stuffs I ended up writing code to generate Language Stuff for me. (especially with Items that have too many variants to work with)

Typically the Local Name for English is passed as a Parameter for my Items. It should be easy to reverse that change and use the vanilla System should you like to do so. Otherwise @OvermindDL1 might be able to help too though, if it is a Dev Environment Issue. ^^

1 Like

OK. But actually the items that I added are just using setUnlocalizedName() and normal registry. I just load the loader class in preInitMod2() in the Main Class. But still the localization doesn’t work. How can a reverse the change?

2 Likes

uh setUnlocalizedName definitely will not work for sure, and then you cant use Metadata in your Item either. Just Override getUnlocalizedName to return whichever String you want to have localized.

2 Likes