So I got myself a GPD WIN 2

Dumb question, I am pretty sure i only mentioned that im gonna watch videos in the basement on IRC, what name do you use there again? XD

2 Likes

Ah I’m not on IRC actually, never used it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh right I mentioned it on Patreon too, just more as a general note, you literally asked this when I was coming back from using it the first time in the Basement. XD

Timing and things. XD

2 Likes

Ha right, yeah was confused there. Really need to get around to doing that.

2 Likes

So today was the first say of the Jobcenter thing I’ve been sent to. I took the GPD WIN 2 ofcourse with me to see how well that works out. Sadly there was no WiFi to log into. Well WiFi did exist but passwords have not been known (I tried all of them, even that suspicious FritzBox, I have a VPN for a reason).

The Stickers i have put on the Switch Bag did not hold themselves all that well, so I guess I gotta remove those sadly.

Also found out that they cancelled my Bus Home at 16:40, and so the last Bus going from the City to my Home Town is at 13:45 which means i can only spend like 5 hours or less in the city before having to leave, if I use public Transport. Good luck getting any Job with THAT availability, not that I “need” one, but it is starting to become harder and harder to even try getting anything, because I am ofcourse forced to at least try. And ofcourse I cant just move somewhere else because that requires a Car that I wont ever be able to drive to buy Groceries.

2 Likes

So all in all a wonderful day out then huh?

2 Likes

Yeah at least it wasn’t hot as fuck this time. Asthma is a bitch. I need to take a break from walking every 100 meters or so…

2 Likes

Greg you crack me up, :joy:

I want to look into Vinyl stickers but the first site I checked wanted a minimum quantity of 600, I don’t think we’re quite there yet. I’ll have a look around.

2 Likes

Perhaps a keychain? The ordering on these is a much more mild min 5

3 Likes

Hahahahaha good one. XD

But yeah I was very dangerously out of breath there. Definitely gonna take the Bus to the Bus next time.

2 Likes

So I found a Wifi that wasn’t Password Protected, then I saw that it said something about 300MB Data Cap per week, which would be perfectly fine for me, but that also means they are scanning MAC Addresses soooooooo here we go with what I added to my NetworkManager.conf

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=yes
ethernet.cloned-mac-address=random
wifi.cloned-mac-address=random

I dont get how the Config File manually sets “wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no” on initial install of Kubuntu, even though NetworkManager itself defaults to yes if there is no such Config. Why that security enhancement is disabled by default on Kubuntu is a mystery to me.

And having a random MAC Address is not a bad thing, considering the Manufacturer is absolutely unknown when I use the hardware MAC address, it wouldn’t work on non-random either if someone blocked unknown Manufacturers.

2 Likes

So I just didnt want to fumble my bus ticket out of my pocket all the time, and then i decided to just put the bus ticket on the Switch Case, but ofcourse knowing that stickers already didnt work I couldn’t just tape a piece of Foil to it. So instead I took a small transparent zip lock bag that had just the right size and stapled it to the bottom of the case. Why the Bottom? Because it has an Inner Shell on the Bottom Side, which it doesn’t have on the Top, also I didnt want the Bus Ticket to be on the “Lid” side of the case, so two flys with one rock or something.

3 Likes

But, don’t you keep your switch case in your pocket too…?

3 Likes

As i mentioned earlier, it doesn’t really fit lol, so i am carrying it in my hand which isn’t that bad.

3 Likes

Only joking Greg. :laughing:

It makes sense to do that, I wanted to get an rf ring made up for the same reason so I didn’t need to have a pass dangling around my neck and getting lost all the time.

2 Likes

Yeah and the Bus Ticket itself is printed on Thermopaper, meaning I cant just seal it in plastic without it turning all black. And even having had it in my pocket once was already kinda destructive on the card (its still readable, but 2 or 3 more days of that and it wouldn’t be), so I dont wanna have it in there more than needed.

2 Likes

Wtf? Those are still used?!? o.O

I haven’t seen any of that paper in years!

2 Likes

They don’t need Ink, so it’s easy to print on them, especially from a Cash Register and the likes. Pretty much all Cash Registers here in Germany still print to Thermopaper using Heat, since most of the times the things that are printed are not really useful to anyone in the long term, and dont need to last long.

And usually people dont buy a Bus Ticket inside the Bus, that lasts a Month. Because usually people dont just have 159.50€ on them to pay such Tickets, because usually it doesn’t make sense to even buy such Tickets if you go somewhere twice a week, where the 12€ a day Tickets would be way cheaper.

But why do I need to care if I get the money back from the place I go to anyways, if they tell me to get the monthly Ticket because it is “the cheapest” even though the day Tickets are much cheaper in every single case, of which they know its true because I told them.

Not like its my money being wasted, its also not their money being wasted, it’s the Jobcenters money being wasted in the end.

2 Likes

But that also makes the paper itself more expensive and utterly useless for any archival purposes (which is the point of receipts). o.O

Quite the opposite points here. We get receipts in case we need to return something if it breaks like a month later, don’t want the paper black or faded by then. ^.^;

If a receipt is for short-term uses then generally just don’t get one at all.

Although nowadays most receipts are emailed to me so eh…

Yay math. ^.^;

2 Likes

Now how do you give those to the Store. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stuff that has value in being returned also usually has a Serial Number that the Store can look up easily, so they know what the thing is you return to them.

And yeah it can be complicated with the Warranty if the Receipt is missing, but its still possible without it even if it takes longer to process.

2 Likes