So I got myself a GPD WIN 2

They don’t, it’s via my credit card, if the store supports the receipt service (most do it seems, even local places, it’s pretty ubiquitous now) then the receipt gets emailed via the CC processor. ^.^

Lol, not here, stores try anything possible to get out of returns. ^.^

2 Likes

So I tried the old Stylus from a Nintendo DS, and it didn’t work on the GPD WIN 2. Weirdly enough there was 2 differently pointed Styli but neither worked.

And so far it worked really well for playing Shovel Knight on the go, I just need to find a Seat in the Bus that isn’t so cramped that I cant place my elbows on my legs.

Things I wish for a GPD WIN 3 to have:

• SIM Card Slot with 4G/5G compatible Antenna (though I do think the WiFi Antenna might be 4G already, unsure how that interacts with Cell Towers).
  • The Monitor should be rotated Landscape by Default instead of Portrait, because that’s still causing weird Issues for me, since the OS Rotates that into proper AFTER loading the Widgets, causing the Desktop to jumble up at every single restart, and also the Login Screen for the Disk Decryption to be Sideways.
  • A tiny Touch Pad with Scroll Wheel support (where the GPD Logo is right now) so that the D-Pad doesn’t have to do that in Mouse Mode anymore, and therefore can be Arrow Keys instead of the ABXY Buttons being Arrow Keys (which interacts weirdly with Shovel Knight since you cannot map arrow keys to OK/Cancel because Arrow Keys cannot be “unmapped” so OK will always move one menu entry down and then hit OK for me).
  • Maybe a Camera, I dont really use such a thing but it would be nice to have, preferably with a protection/obscuration cap or a hardware lever to turn it off.
  • And a Microphone, which I also wouldn’t really use but it would be useful!
2 Likes

Okay now the Handle of the Switch Case ripped off on one end, it was apparently very cheaply glued to the Case. That’s premium Nintendo Quality for ya. Just one Month of carrying Stuff in it and the Handle just floops out of the cavity it was glued to.

2 Likes

Stuff ain’t made to be kept any more. Its a use and replace mentality we got.

2 Likes

Yeah, trying to repair it. Stapler didnt work, maybe more Glue works!

Edit: Sewing fixed it.

2 Likes

Good to hear, too bad they didn’t sew it in the first place.

2 Likes

Sewing?!? o.O

2 Likes

As in take a needle and a thread and going through it, since its essentially a piece of cloth, a very plastic-y cloth. Better than fixing it with more Glue!

2 Likes

So a Mini Update, I got a HDMI-Female to Micro-HDMI-Male Adapter for the Pi 4B, and later i noticed “hey my GPD WIN 2 has a Micro HDMI Port”, and indeed it did fit in that Port. Since I dont really need that adapter anymore, since I just VNC into the Pi 4B, I guess I’m taking it with me at all times, even though it’s seemingly useless, maybe if I use my GPD WIN 2 for a presentation, showing videos on a projector or something along those lines.

3 Likes