SadZombieLand is back! Latest GT6, ultra-hard, whitelisted. Come experience lots of respawns in good company

I host a private Minecraft server with plenty of extra space for other players. I’m open to accepting additional GT6 players. Be warned this is a hard server (hard mobs, difficult food, GT!). Monsters actively grief, so it’s a very different experience. There is a public starter base with reasonable security to begin from. Players are typically expected to go start their own base.

Guide with link to dedicated Launcher:

Guide

PM me on forum or GT’s IRC if interested so I can whitelist you. I estimate the server will be online 24x7 for at least 6 months.

Features:

Gregtech 6 + Thaumcraft, no other tech trees
IC2 for Quantum Armor
Absolutely no RF
Many common utility mods
Harvestcraft and Cooking for Blockheads!
Spice of Life with a 25 food history
2 x slower food growth and slow healing
Zombie Awareness configured for omniscient zombies
Special Mobs, Special AI, Infernal Mobs
Pretty things like Carpenter's Blocks and Architecture craft!
Did I mention Gregtech?
Tornados and harsh weather

Rules:

Keep it polite, there may be children present.
Follow the golden rule.
Absolutely no PvP or griefing, this server is PvE only. Mobs grief enough.
Stake a claim by asking Demosthenexx to add your new base as an icon on the Dynmap. Try to settle at least a few hundred blocks from other existing bases to give your neighbors room too, there's plenty of space!
Email address is required.
Proper grammar and spelling are appreciated.

Modlist:

ArchitectureCraft
BiblioCraft
BiomesOPlenty
CarpentersBlocks
ChickenChunks
Cooking For Blockheads
Dynmap
EnderStorage
ExtraUtilities
Forestry
gendustry
gregtech
gtweapons
harvestcraft
HungerOverhaul
IC2
InfernalMobs
insomnia
InvTweaks
ironbackpacks
IronChest
journeymap
LavaMonsters
MagicBees
MineTweaker3
NEI
NEIAddons
neiintegration
OpenBlocks
OpenComputers
OpenMods
openmodularturrets
Railcraft
RandomThings
RedLogic
SpecialAI
SpecialMobs
SpiceOfLife
StorageDrawers
Thaumcraft
ThaumicTinkerer
weather2
zombieawareness
3 Likes

It appears you made it too scary again!

2 Likes

Yeah, but I just replaced NEI with that new NEI/JEI fork for GT. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Updated to latest GT (6.14.20) with sammiches! Those not using the launcher will need to update.

2 Likes

Have two new players who figured out how to run SZL w/o using the MCUpdater based launcher. Still plenty of room on the server!

2 Likes

Recently updated to remove some laggy zombies, and now that the TPS is back up high Bloodmoons are 30% again!

2 Likes

To the moon Alice! Sad Zombie Land now has Galacticraft.

2 Likes

Not Advanced Rocketry? Which is more stable and still actively developed? Lol

1 Like

Well, it was an endgame mod request from other players. I hadn’t considered others.

2 Likes

Well Galactricraft is focused on exploration and dungeons on the worlds for “expansion”, Advanced Rocketry is more of a proper multi-world/ship tech mod. They do both work fine in the same pack, though with their different systems, though Galacticraft has a few crashy issues as I recall (I think GT6 worked around some of those though?).

1 Like

It is still developed?!

1 Like

Last 1.7.10 update was a few months ago (hmm, january of this year), not touched much anymore but it does still get some work on occasion.

1 Like

I appreciated that it was pretty much plug and play with GT.

2 Likes

Both are yeah, GT6 has a lot of integrations. ^.^

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

As most things are now, but check their github and you’ll see the last 1.7.10 update was january, and knowing them I bet they’d accept PR’s too, lol.

2 Likes

I like advanced rocketry and would use it if I could turn off the custom moon, couldn’t find a configuration to use vanilla skies. It’s been a while since I used it though, anyone know if that’s achievable now?

3 Likes

Well it’s open source so I can always strip out the custom moon with a custom build if you want, lol.

You sure it’s not just a resource set it contains or so?

3 Likes

I ended up replacing it with the moon from Majora’s mask but couldn’t find a way to revert it to the default moon no. My java environment broke a few months back and it’s an absolute pain to set one up for 1.7.10 these days, too many things old and broken on Windows.

3 Likes

Sounds like its time to move to a better OS? Kubuntu just released 21.10 (or 20.04 for the latest LTS, I like features though). :wink:

3 Likes