Random Updates about Greg

Yay for me posting yet another one of these things.

So, the Migraine Issue came back to haunt me once again, and that about one day after I had to lay down in bed for longer than usual (ate a combination my body didn’t like). Obviously I try to avoid having to do that again.
I would love to know what the heck the actual cause of “torso in horizontal position -> migraine” is, because it feels like my brain is completely out of sync whenever I get this.
And this doesn’t happen whenever I sit upright (which is a horrible sleeping position), nor when I only am in bed for 8 hours or less per day (aka normal sleeping).
It by the way does not matter if I am on my left, my right, or my back. it might depend on Temperature too, but I’m not that sure anymore about that. Maybe it just happens whenever I’m sick for whatever reason (which I often don’t notice), or some other random event.

I guess I need to also get rid of the less common habit of just being in bed thinking about Stuff too because of this, since if I am sitting anyways I would rather have at least a Desk in front of me.
Back in ye olden days I did that on Bus rides and similar, since there was nothing else to do. Though ofcourse those don’t really happen anymore, and not just because of 2020+.

Anyways, I’ve learned a bit about Networking the past couple days, such as the ability to run Gigabit Ethernet through the Power Outlets of the House, which is interesting even though I will not do that just to connect my Room in the first Floor with the Basement.
Tried Ad-Hoc WiFi too (with my Computer and the GPD WIN 2, not the Pis), but there was interestingly no proper KDE based Guides on how to actually do that with the Network Manager GUI, so I ended up with a Hotspot instead.
I’m considering putting an Aluminium Foil “Dish” on my WiFi Antenna, so I might end up being able to cast it to the Basement (and not to my Neighbors XD), which would be great next Summer.

Ah well, don’t have much to say left, so until next time. ^^

1 Like

Wait how long do you sleep for Greg, Serotonin builds up in your brain if you sleep longer than usual, I get terrific headaches around the back of my head that last all day if I sleep longer than usual.
The gigabit+ power lines seem to be the ad hoc way to go to extend networks without drilling holes in the wall. I’ve heard good things about them recently.

2 Likes

laying in bed also includes stuff like watching videos in a comfortable position, so it’s still 7.5-8 hours of sleep. :wink:
If I didnt have Issues with the CPAP in winter, it would be around 4-5 hours of sleep instead.

Yeah for normal people they might be great, but I am paranoid, and those things are super insecure if you have Power Outlets outside of the House or similar.
Though that is the level of Paranoia that RFID blockers are for (since there literally is no RFID Crime at all, yet everyone wants to protect against that)

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s the way you’re sitting, If I sit on my couch too long I get a sore head, something about the angle and the couch needing replaced anyway.
Yeah RFID seems really insecure but I’ve never heard of anything being stolen. Perhaps no-one realises ha.

2 Likes

For the RFID thing you actually require a reader, which the Bank actually has GPS locked to the store that owns it. So Banks know where the heck it is and who receives the Money, so they will notice anything going wrong.

If anything you can only really read the Name and Address of a person from it, which is most oftenly useless as phonebooks already leak that info.

2 Likes

Ugh, I just noticed that the reason I had very minor tooth pain was that one of my teeth chipped without any bleeding accompanying it (that is why I didn’t notice). It’s the one on the mirror opposite side (left) of the root canal one (right) from last year.
But this time my Dentist visit is not only in the Winter, it is also in Pandemic Mode, HURRAY!

So, if I tell the Doctor to do whichever procedure takes the least visits, which might be the procedure of just pulling that tooth out. Is it bad to have a missing tooth (second to last tooth of that row, you know, the chewing ones, but not wisdom teeth), because I dont like difficult/hard to chew foods anyways, due causing more headaches than worth it.

If that chipped tooth was the reason for the recent Migraine sensitivity I mentioned previously, which I doubt it is, it would be the correct timing for that though…

Yes, I just woke up due to a Migraine, and randomly noticed in the mirror that the tooth was missing 1/10th.

P.S. And also yes my reaction to minor tooth pain was “ugh something scratched my gums while eating Pringles again…”, so that is why I ignored it for a little over a week. Guess I am gonna get rid of that Snack Food too.

3 Likes

Just think of it as a new years resolution.

If you were to lose a tooth it’s probably better for it to be one at the back no one could see, but in all fairness I doubt you want to lose a tooth as you usually only get so many. :slight_smile:

If it’s chipped I doubt it will need as much work as a root canal, they’ll probably just cap it or whatever.

2 Likes

That would mean that nothing would come of it and I would continue that, like with everyones New Years Resolutions. XD

Apart from the 6 front teeth on the upper row, none of my teeth can be seen. Those happen to also be important for talking so if I ever lost one of those I would need a replacement.

When the other tooth chipped last year they also had to do a root canal, so I would expect this one to be around the same when it comes to “being about to break”.

But we will see tomorrow what they will do. Apparently this did warrant a fast appointment the next day. So fast that I couldn’t cut my hair a week in advance to not have this unwashed mess on my head (my hair needs 2 days to dry properly when it is too long, so that doesn’t work either…).
Well, I can always blame the pandemic when it comes to looking like a mess. XD

3 Likes

And back from the Dentist. Tooth looks like it was before it broke off, so that was a surprisingly easy fix. But ofcourse they found holes in other teeth so i have to go there again.

Now to wait until I can feel my mouth again before I am allowed to eat.

2 Likes

Always the way. So what did they do to the tooth in the end?

2 Likes

They filled it in normally. So far it did not re-break during lunch, so it should be fine.

2 Likes

Went to the Dentist again two hours ago and they filled in all the holes i had on the right side, which means that the left side which has some tiny bits of cold sensitivity has not been dealt with…

When I tried to put my Mask back on again on my way back, the strap ripped off, so that was annoying to deal with at the Bank/ATM.

At least when I came back DHL sent me an Email that the Pine-Phone is finally shipping, so that will likely arrive tomorrow or Monday, maybe Saturday. Unless that is the peripherals for the Phone and not the Phone itself (because Batteries and shipping dont go well together). XD

I also looked for another batch of random Raspberry Pi Stuff, since I wanted a Pi Pico for some DIY Macro Keyboard thing I wanted to try building. Found around 20 different Items I ended up bookmarking for later (most of which are tiny parts, usb adapters and spacer screws).
Also wanted a Compute Module 4 with IO Board but those are still scalped to death, so I’m gonna buy all that Stuff a few months later I guess, since the core components aren’t available yet.
I did not even look for a Breadboard yet, now that I think about it, kinda need something to place the Buttons on for the Pi Pico Macro Keyboard.
And yes I already have a Macro Keyboard from Corsair, and a Macro Mouse from Logitech, but it is about the principle! (and the fun in making it)

I wish it was possible to run stuff like Factorio on a Pi 4B without having to resort to qemu, that would be amazing. But surely that wont happen anytime soon, even with Apple pushing ARM Processors.

I think that was all. Oh wait the Foil Dish thing failed, just wanted to mention that. It did not increase the vertical range, but it also did not decrease it either.

Ending Post now because I think I ran out of stuff to talk and there is nothing to say left. XD

2 Likes

Sad :frowning: , I too just went to dentist last month to get my four wisdom teeth removed. Though the dentist is an expert and it did not hurt a lot XD (Still a lot!).

2 Likes

Eh, the Dentists here aren’t really hurting at all. I went there yesterday, because I had holes on the other side of my mouth too (it’s always better to only do one half at once, so you can still chew on the non-hurting side).

I also “upgraded” my Bed again with two small foldable foam mattresses (which are way more comfy). And now it can work like a Sofa too, while watching Videos! Also that one Spring of the Main Mattress isn’t poking me anymore. I don’t think there is much of an upgrade path left after I did this. XD

Well, nothing much happened since last time apart from that (PinePhone did arrive as detailed in my other Thread).

My Brain has been more in an “Input” Mode than “Output” Mode this week, but that will fix itself after a little while, like always. ^^

1 Like

Outch, all 4 wisdom teeth eh? I only have the lower two but fortunately, my mouth is just big enough to accommodate them so I haven’t had to have them removed.

3 Likes

Yeah my mouth’s bone (?) is pretty small and it is forcing my teeth inward. So I have to pull them out before they cause bigger trouble.

2 Likes

Right now I am dealing with resolving a bunch of very very minor things that I had on mind for a while, specifically of the Retro Game kind. There has been a bunch of GameBoy/NES/SNES/Genesis Games that I did not fully complete back in my childhood, and some I just wanted to play again.

So I decided to dump my old Cartridges to acquire the ROMs, so I can run the Games, that I already own, on my Computer instead of the now either broken or hard to setup Hardware.

RetroArch was very easy to Setup, after I found out that the Install Instructions are specifically wrong for Debian… because ofcourse nothing mentions you can just sudo apt install all the Emulator Cores, just like RetroArch itself (it is different for other Operating Systems). Got a black USB SNES Controller too (of the kind without Analog Sticks), because the Logitech XBox Controller that I do have is quite uncomfortable.

Things that bothered me the most were:

• getting stuck in Links Awakening due to not being able to understand the very obscure hints the game gave me, and bad german localization.
  • not being able to get the Thief Ability in Milkyway Wishes in order to 100% Kirby Super Star.
  • not getting to Soda Lake and the Bowser Castle Backdoor in Super Mario World. (I also wanted to get all 7 of the 3UP Moons), and yes both Levels where I did not find the secret Exit happen to be the same Levels that have Yoshi Wings, so guess how my brain interpreted that back in the days.

And I did complete those three games already. There is also a bunch of other Games I just wanted to play once again.

I also got another Pi 4B with 8GB of RAM and a Flirc Case, so I gotta set that up and overclock it somewhen too (planning to run something like that as my future Desktop if it runs well). Setting up those things without a spare Monitor is a bitch so that is kinda procrastinated for now. XD
Also this reminds me that I seriously forgot about the PinePhone, because ofcourse I do not use Smartphones usually, so why would I remember. XD

Instead of setting up those two things I did try to see if I can use the new spare Pi Zero that I now have (the one without the extra GPIO Headers), on one of the USB Slots on my Gateway/Router to run Pi-Hole that way. Turns out, the damn thing does not like USB Ethernet Adapters in general (I tried), so ofcourse that doesn’t work. And it clearly is a Software Issue, because everything works except actually assigning an IP, I can even ping the Gateway/Router and it replies with Destination Host Unreachable…

I will probably setup my own DIY Router with the 4GB Pi 4B that has the PoE HAT, once I got Pi-Hole to work through USB (in order to not cut off my DNS Server, while working on it, because that is on the same Pi I would install OpenWRT on).

Lots of Stuff to do. I should probably release GT6 somewhen soon too, because there has been way too many things accumulating in the Changelog. XD

2 Likes

Nice you can try some of those more wordy RPG’s too, based on when you learned English they would have been off limits if localization was bad.

2 Likes

Figured I would write another Post, since a bunch of more things happened now.

Assembling IKEA furniture is surprisingly easy. You can even mix and match Table Plates with Legs, which I did to have adjustable Height, so that the Table actually fits below the Roof Diagonal without Issues.
Unsure if it is my own fault, the Floor or the Table itself, but the whole thing is a bit wobbly if you dont squeeze it between another piece of Furniture and the Wall (I did fix it though).
Now I just need to put all the new Computer Stuff together on that new Table, so I have a dedicated place to experiment with Stuff, and dont have to occupy my primary Desk with random crap.

Over the past few days me and OvermindDL1 (mostly him) went over a bunch of different vanilla Bugs that caused Problems in GT6, so now things like harvesting Ice with Saws, or trying to load a Singleplayer Game without being permakicked back to the Main Menu, should work so much better now. ^^

Did you hear that Nintendo erased Mario from existence on March 31st?, guess Luigi is gonna be the new number one now… poor guy watching his bro be turned into dust.

As for other things I decided to do, I watched My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and it is actually quite nice and funny.
I noticed it has a few absurdly obvious solutions to problems in most of the Slice of Life Episodes, but that is fine, those Episodes exist for good reasons.
Also I didn’t expect the equivalent of a ten year old kid to actually become a viable Villain at all, so congrats on that one.

There is this random meme question going around, which fictional World/Place you would like to be a normal person in. Many people including me answer Pokémon to that, because somehow people are actually safe in that World (as in you wont die instantly), and making money is as easy as owning a Meowth/Persian with Payday and beating up wild Pokémon with it.

Though now, if I could choose species, I would actually choose Ponyville instead, especially for the nice population of the place.

Unicorn would probably be best, simply because of the Magic. Somehow Pinkie Pie does have actual Magic too, I wonder how she does that, not to mention the Hair control and extra-dimensional Hair Space she has, that stuff is useful! XD

How would I earn money in that universe? I would probably research Magic to find a way to mass produce enchanted Amulets with the ability to do minor Telekinesis, and then sell those. I’m surprised such a thing doesn’t already exist.

The Reason I started watching the show in the first place is quite simple, a lot of nice people I know are fans of it, and it would have been quite a disservice to them to not at least try to watch it (nobody asked me to).

Turns out I like it.* :wink:

I used abbr Tags quite a lot this time. Try to find em all! (5)

And have a nice day. ^^

2 Likes

I’m a little concerned about what you’ve been doing lately? It seems that there is not much time for GT6. Where is macheanetia developed? I’m very concerned about these problems. For a person with anxiety disorder before exams…

2 Likes