Only for public places most of the time, regular single family houses in small towns often dont have it. Especially if the Houses are older, like the one I live in.
And the almost Heatstroke was while walking Home, so I was outside when that happened.
Also we could afford it but you need to be able to fit it in SOME window, and there is no Window that could hold it in my Room, because i am in the Diagonal Roof portion of the House.
In general, I can afford everything I want or need, money isn’t short for me because I know how to manage my finances and i also know how to not buy shit I don’t need.
Sure I live off of Welfare because I simply am not suitable for most typical Jobs due to being more of an artisty person and having some medical Issues, but this does not mean I am poor, technically apart from having more peace of mind due to what I get from Patreon (and the ability to order Stuff online much easier), I never used up enough money to actually make use of what I got from Patreon.
It just gives me more leverage and time in case some bureaucratic thing screws me over temporarily, or the ability to say NOPE and get the welfare cut by 30% or 70% for a couple months.
Speaking of Nope, the thing the Jobcenter has sent me to this time (since beginning of July, and spanning a whole year) is starting to go into the direction of “sit there and do nothing useful” again, and if that continues to be the case yet a third time, then I am no longer accepting anything they send me to at all, because they sent me to three “Activities” each under a different Company managing them, and the first two of those ended up being “sit there and do nothing” or “sit at a dangerously outdated Windows XP Computer that only has Internet Explorer installed, and then do nothing”.
Also fun fact, it takes me 4 frikkin hours to get there and back home afterwards and the whole thing is 3 hours 45 minutes long (two days a week), so I spend more time traveling there than actually being there!
And speaking of mismanaged time, the Cities Bus Plan is the worst in the entire Area right now, there is one central Bus Station for all the Busses that only go through the City, another “central” Bus Station for all the Regional Busses (you know the kind I use to get in to and out of the City in the first place), and then there is a THIRD huge and mostly not even used Bus Station at the Train Station, where a City Bus only arrives/departs every 30 fucking Minutes! Yes at the motherfucking Main Train Station!
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET ANYWHERE IN TIME!?!
The distance is short enough to have one single Bus go between all three of those important Stations every 10 minutes! Yes 5 minutes back and forth by Bus! Lets make it every 15 minutes so the Bus Driver has time to actually catch a break and stuff, oh wait that is how it was about 2 years ago but with two Busses!
Should I mention again that due to the Light Sensitivity of my Eyes I can’t make a Drivers License? The Jobcenter expects me to at least apply to 4 Jobs a month, but with this Bus Plan I cant fucking get anywhere, so by now I am basically forced to apply to Jobs that I couldn’t even attend to, not to mention that before the Busses got worse, I had to sometimes apply to Jobs I wasn’t even qualified for in the first place. I’m an inspiration driven Artist, I don’t fit into the “can do job” or “can execute orders properly” category! If I could I would already do something like Freelance Programming or shit!
Meanwhile during all of this shit, Patreons Website is starting to break apart more and more, and it’s been 2 days since my Support Request and still no Reply at all (apart from the automatic “Here is your Support Ticket!” one).
Here a Summary of what is broken so far:
- First Onebox Support broke, as can be seen on the GT6 Main Thread where my Patreon Posts aren’t nicely Boxed anymore due to Patreons Website no longer allowing it or being broken in another way.
- Then eventually a week or two later the Post Editor broke, and I was no longer able to Paste Text into it at all without causing it to crash.
- The same Day I also noticed that I cant select Text with my Mouse or the Shift + Arrow Keys without having a Risk of also crashing! Not a 100% Risk but some Risk. I was able to link something.
- And two days ago, right before I wrote my Support Request I was no longer able to post any Images whatsoever, because the Editor did not recognize that I pasted a fucking Image URL into the Bar (The URL Bar was not crashing on Paste, just the Editor was).
- So and while I filled out the Support form, there was nothing to select “Bug Report” so I left it as “-”, which apparently was a mistake and when I submitted, it ended up asking me to select something for that Field, so I did and IT DELETED MY SUPPORT REQUEST SO I HAD TO RESTART FROM ZERO!!! I am glad that I copied the Report before I have hit Submit because I had the feeling it was gonna be just as broken…
If they let this shit go on for longer than 1 or 2 months I might consider just ditching Patreon in regards of Posting Updates and just go full on my Forums, so that Patreon will only be a payment processor and nothing else.
Hrrm what else got broken, oh right youtube-dl broke but at least they fixed it quickly. It wasn’t able to retrieve the Title of the Video, so the Files ended up as “_.webm” without a proper Name. This taught me to finally contain the Video ID in the Filename, aka the 11 characters after the “?watch=”, just to make sure nothing gets overridden by accident. Also I noticed youtube-dl can be updated without sudo once it is installed, so I guess I can put an auto-updater into the Script.
What else could I mention, I did not continue the Drawing yet, so that isn’t newsworthy. Guess I will close off this very rambly Post then. ^^