Random Updates about Greg

Hurray for more bullshit. Was at the Lung Doctor and pretty much was told that there apparently is nothing that can help against my Cold Air sensitivity except an Asthma Spray, but guess what, I am taking that stuff already and it doesn’t fucking help with the problem, and he knows that… Well, he said that “we will see in February”, which is very fucking helpful for something I would rather have fixed now than later…

Now I don’t fucking know what to do, and I am kinda about to just stay home unexcused (but not unannounced) for almost 3 months, simply because I dont wanna deal with this bullshit anymore.
Anytime I go outside for even a short moment, I just sneeze often very loudly for hours after coming back in, and ofcourse I had to be outside a lot recently (moving from wherever car is parked to inside and vice versa).

Also found out why there is 4 appointments for the whole root canal thing. The second and third one are for putting a cleaning/sterilizing solution into the tooth to make sure its clean once the real filling comes next week.

I really hate having to deal with real life so often, especially if absolutely nothing comes out of it…

3 Likes

Sounds like you need some sort of environment suit providing a native atmosphere. I’m thinking something with big goggles and a tank.

3 Likes

Yeah apparently, because seriously, even the short time i was outside today resulted in me now STILL having snot run out of my nose right now due to that… I probably had that Issue for 2 or 3 years but I always avoided going outside during winter at those times, so I did not notice much.

Anyways gonna go to the normal doctor tomorrow, because I would rather not be on unexcused leave if possible. But if I am told to be sent around again I will just nope out and take the potential 30% cut, because of all this social garbage and incompetent communication going on, causing everything to be a waste of time for everyone…

3 Likes

Okay, everything went well. Good that my Doctor talked to the Lung Doctor inbetween yesterday and today, so I did not have to explain shit. Well then, I “officially” cant be outside for more than 5 minutes until February now, so that’s barely enough time to enter and leave the car.

Also apparently I did catch a cold while outside the last few days, so that is probably the reason for the Snot explosion in my Nose. XD

4 Likes

Ugh, it turned into not only a Fever but also lack of Oxygen thanks to all the snot combined with Asthma…

I can barely read shit at all because my brain cant process anything properly…

If this continues the whole weekend then I will skip a Release.

3 Likes

Well it didnt go as far as to skip the Release but the Release is a LOT smaller and only contains 3 or 4 bugfixes. Guess this will end up in a lot of crunchtime, but the important Features I mentioned will be done by the end of the year.

I’m feeling better by now, but still caughy enough that I wont finalize the Root Canal at the Dentist today (appointment postponed by a few days, to make sure I dont sneeze while he is inserting the filling).

3 Likes

Well I got a call in the morning from the Jobcenter. Seems like they need to re-evaluate my health situation again (to see if they are still responsible for me, or if I end up in early retirement). Luckily that’s gonna be in January or later, so I wont have to deal with it this year.

Also 4-6 hours until King of Cards Releases, so I guess I get to potentially cough at my GPD WIN 2. XD

But feeling better now. Gonna start working properly again tomorrow. ^^

3 Likes

Sounds convenient. I’d love if I could, I’d program all day. ^.^

3 Likes

It technically is, but I would have to deal with a whole lot of bureaucracy if that were the case. Such as having to manage all the damn Insurances that I didnt have to manage yet. Or Taxes, though I would likely be below that limit.

3 Likes

I also want to buy a GPD WIN2, its portability is excellent! However, I noticed that a GPD WIN3 (or a slightly larger GPD MAX) might be released early next year, so I decided to wait

4 Likes

Have you looked at what the GPD MAX looks like? They do make small non-Gaming Laptops too, which have (in my personal opinion) a very bad Keyboard Layout and ofcourse no built in Game Controller.

3 Likes

I can finally chew on the right teeth again! Damn this took way too long. I might need to consider putting a proper Crown on that Tooth for the long term, but I can bother with that somewhen next year. No more going outside this year! :smiley: (except for putting out more Paper Trash later today, second to last time that has to be done before the old Office is finally Papertrashless)

Mostly finished King of Cards too now (am in New Game Plus atm), along with the D&D Backlog that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, due to typical US Internet Issues on the Uploaders End. I’m glad I could do both of them at the same time, so no time was wasted when I bingewatched that yesterday for 10 hours while playing. XD (otherwise would have watched it over time, while doing nothing else, so time well spent)

In case it isn’t that obvious, I am still kinda burnt out of GT6, but I’m trying to force myself to do the Stuff I promised, so that the Mod is at least in an acceptable Endgame containing State. ^^

Time to work on Fusion for this Week since it’s Holidays in a couple days, and I wanted to do Fusion one week before leaving, so there can be enough testing, while I do the remaining few things on my List. ^^

5 Likes

So, finally completed every single thing in King of Cards except the 90 Minute Speedrun Achievement. Game Complete, New Game Plus Complete, Challenge Mode Complete, and all Achievements except the Speedrun one Complete. And no, I definitely wont attempt that one, even the shortest Route I could take (which was an Achievement too) was more than 4 times as long as that. I simply cant beat all the Bosses and grind Joustus Cards that fast.

Edit: Turns out you can skip all the Joustus matches, but I would still not be good enough. XD

Still have the other 3 Half Completed Characters/Campaigns I can occasionally play with while being on the go.

Back to Fusion. Thinking of a Vibranium Synthesization Recipe using the Fusion Reactor and Matter Fabricators for absolute Endgaminess.

6 Likes

oh, sorry my mistake, what i want to say is GPD win MAX, not the GPD MAX like a laptop, i guess a GPD win series will be released with a slightly larger screen, with joystick control, and more powerful performance.

4 Likes

Ah, when I got mine there was only leaked schematics for it, not actual plans. Might be worth waiting for. ^^

4 Likes

:firecracker: Happy New Year! :fireworks:

I was looking through how to register Domains and such. Seems like I’m gonna go for .com and .onion (the latter ofcourse being a backup, or easier way for people to get to the site from certain countries)

Don’t know which Registrar I am going to go for, I don’t need “extras”, just the Domain, and would like to make sure I can prepay for a long period of time without the Registrar somehow dieing on me before I die of old age or something. (I don’t like running costs or maintenance at all, at least on a real life level, and yes I know domain transfer is easy)

At least .onion Domains seem to be free, which makes secrecy about my chosen Domain even more important so nobody grabs it before I do, but that needs to wait until I get a Tutorial from @OvermindDL1 . XD

As for GT6, 3 Features are running late, but they will be added for sure, don’t worry. ^^

@codewarrior0 is reporting random performance Issues and Bugs and easy fixes for them like mad, so NEI doesn’t lag that much anymore when you click the Progress Bar (likely even worse when you have a HDD since it was writing the Config nonstop once per Recipe), and the Ender Garbage System doesn’t change the Item IDs of it’s contents to whatever Forge thinks they should be instead (I did not know Forge just changes the non-vanilla IDs when the server stops for no reason).

5 Likes

As for GT6, will someone eventually do on your behalf? So many features are waiting for being added and obviously you will not work on it too often, so to find a dependable man continuing working on GT6 will be nice.

4 Likes

My IRC is full of people who ditch projects 2-3 months after they started them, so good luck finding someone “dependable” after @Qwerty left to work on Terasology (as a paid job even, which is awesome). Especially in the context of MC Modding.

Anyone can do a PR if they want, and I will publish my random Idea Text File in the Repository after the final Major Release of GT6 (after I filtered out all the non-GT6 things). ^^

3 Likes

You don’t get to choose it, it’s a hash of your path address.

3 Likes

Yeah, now I know that its near impossible for me to get one, especially not on short notice.

Turns out it would take about a thousand YEARS to create one with my Computer (unless I would go full RNG but then there would be no point in the whole thing). This is obviously not doable. So I guess it’s gonna be just the .com Domain.

Anyone a good recommendation as to which Registrar to choose? I am leaning towards “domain . com” as the Registrar, but I will make a more proper decision tomorrow after I slept.

3 Likes