Possible missing Localization

I’m noticing a few items and blocks with machine names, sort of like clicking a berry bush with a magnifying glass and it reporting grows gt.multiitem.food.110.name.

Is it something fixable and would it help if these were reported?

3 Likes

That is kinda the result of me being lazy due to the overly complicated Localization System of Minecraft. This only happens in multiplayer Servers, where not even English Localization exists when I send String based chat messages to the clients.

3 Likes

Yup, I reckoned so. Would it help if we made a list of the ones we find?

3 Likes

Not really, I know exactly where all of the occurrences are and can more easily look it up than i could read some arbitrary list from someone else.

its just one of the things i will probably never get around fixing ^^"

3 Likes

I might have fixed it with a Backup Language Map a while ago, may need testing @Donzil

2 Likes

Let me know when it’s ready and I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

With that I meant it might ALREADY be fixed lol.

2 Likes

Ah, I think my setup is bugged then as my berries and hammer responses still sound technical. I’ll try a fresh install with only GT. I’m got some odd peculiarities anyway going on so it’s worth a test.

2 Likes

Yeah works fine with just the latest release. I’ll pull apart my mod list until I find the issue and once sorted I’ll report back any unnamed objects I find, for now you can consider this resolved, cheers.

2 Likes

You did test in a multiplayer server and not singleplayer right?

2 Likes

Now I always run in multiplayer to offset processing but in this instance I was lazy and did not. :rofl:
Testing in multiplayer with a fresh client and server build with only GT latest build I still get gt.lang.prospecting.nothing. What files can I check?

2 Likes

Gah so it is still broken, good to know…

2 Likes

Is your build the same? I wouldn’t hedge everything on my results.Would be good if someone else running a server could chime in with their results.

2 Likes

What version of GT6 did that instance have (can check it in the MainMenu->Mods)?

2 Likes

Latest 6.14.09. I downloaded a fresh copy to test with and rebuilt my client and server setups to make sure I wasn’t pulling across any old or custom configs I can think of, but I’ve had this issue going back quite a few versions now.

2 Likes