Possible bugs in GT 6.14.13

Hi, Greg!

Thank you a lot for your mod. I spent a lot of good years with it.

I have got some bugs after updating GT from 6.12.02 to 6.14.13.

1. Minecraft loading error and loadscreen corruption

After updating GT from 6.12.02 to 6.14.13 the game crashed when loading and I have got the following message:

It is possible to start Minecraft then, but loading screen looks like the screen resolution is wrong.

1. Redstone signal transmission corrupted

I have an automatic crucible based on 18 droppers, connected to sensors with Red Alloy Wires. When a redstone signal arrives, these droppers are activated not once, but several times in a row. It makes impossible to use this setup for crucible automation.

It was OK in 6.12.02, and it becomes broken from 6.13.02 (or earlier?).

1. Item filter is broken

It is not possible anymore to place Item Filter into a pipe. It was OK in 6.12.02.

1. Nether stars

Looks like I need a lot of Nether Stars to build your high-level machines, but I donā€™t understand how I am supposed to get them.

a) Wither Skeleton Skulls have a low drop chance and I donā€™t like the idea to kill Wither 20 times.

b) Nether Stars, Netherite Ingot, Netherite Scrap ingot and Netherite Scrap Powder are not replicatable in Matter Replicator, right?

c) Bedrock Netherite Ore is impossible to find (does it really has a chance to spawn like 1 per 8000 chunks?)

d) Small Ancient Debris Ore does not spawn on the surface and could be found due to branch-mining only (1-16 blocks per chunk?).

What I supposed to do? Should I mine for 3 hours every day for a couple of months to get Ancient Debris in necessary quantity? Or should I say ā€œ2 months of real life have passedā€, turn cheats on and take 10 stacks of Recycled Ancient Debris? :slightly_smiling_face:

With all due respect, this is just a game, and a mentally sane person will definitely refuse to spend hundreds of hours of real time in boring excavations.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

2 Likes

First lets go out of order:

Issue 2:
GT Hoppers only operate on a per tick base not on a per update base. So there is no pulsing, you might get Redstone Signals coming in from other Sources. I recently made the Crucible Crossing emit Redstone Sideways whenever a vertical Redstone Signal comes in.

Issue 3:
The Item Filters cannot be placed inbetween Item Pipes, they never worked in that configuration, now I just prevent them from being placed there, since they already NEVER WORKED THAT WAY.
It is not possible to intercept a Connection between Item Pipes when it comes to Item transfer (the Pathing algorithm does not take any of that into account), you have to place the Item Filter at the Exit Item Pipe, you always had to do that, your previous Setup was definitely broken if you did place it between two Item Pipes.

Issue 4:
I recently made an Ancient Debris based Recipe for Nether Stars, so you can get them in peaceful too. Same goes for Molten Enderpearls, also doable with Ancient Debris. (I wrote this before reading the rest)
Additionally, there is Bedrock Veins for Ancient Debris, meaning you can produce infinite amounts of it using a Bedrock Drill in the Nether. This particular Bedrock Ore is quite common and ā€œrelativelyā€ easy to find if you just run forward with a good enough Drill or Pickaxe through the Netherrack near a Chunk Border at Bedrock level.
Also, Fortune III Pickaxes are more easy to come across now, maybe try using those too, especially since most Ore Blocks now support Fortune.

And I am aware that GT6 is a long term Mod, though I do try to make things less grindy overall, it has definitely become easier to get Ancient Debris recently, maybe it is not that bad anymore?

And now for Issue 1:
Can you give me the Crash Report in full? I kindof need the Info inside of it to fix the Bug.

If I missed something while reading this, just tell me, its 28Ā°C right now at 4:30am and I am still meltingā€¦

1 Like

Issue 2.

So the previous mode of redstone signal transmission has been ā€œsacrificedā€ in order to improve the functionality of new GT versions? And it is not possible to revert redstone signal behavior to GT 6.12.02?

As far as I understand, crucible automation is now possible only with hoppers controlled by a complex and cumbersome redstone logic circuit, which immediately interrupts the signal received from a temperature sensor?

Issue 3.

OK, thank you. I am supposed to place Item Filters inbetween a pipe and a target container/machine.

Issue 4.

Thank you for the tip. Is it possible to spot Ancient Debris Bedrock Ore, when mining at the height of 5?

By the way, what is the probability to find this Bedrock Ore, if it is not a secret? Some mod tells me that the probability is 1/8000. Does it mean that Bedrock Ore has a chance to spawn like 1 per 8000 chunks? If yes, I have to run forward for 100 hours of real life, at least. :slight_smile:

Fortune III pickaxes are not a problem at all, I have an Iridium Drill. Iā€™m worried with finding Small Ancient Debris Ore blocks itself. If every chunk contains from 1 to 16 ore blocks (letā€™s call it 8), then I have to dig out 80 chunks to find 640 of Small Ore blocks. It should take like a couple of month of real life if I will mine with a pickaxe.

Iā€™m currently thinking about mining with Dynamite or with IC Quarry. Does Quarry support GT ore blocks?

Issue 1.

The loading screen looks like this now:

The crash report is the following:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 18.06.21 1:43
Description: Initializing game

SplashProgress has detected a error loading Minecraft.
This can sometimes be caused by bad video drivers.
We have automatically disabeled the new Splash Screen in config/splash.properties.
Try reloading minecraft before reporting any errors.
cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress$5: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Splash thread
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress.finish(SplashProgress.java:507)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onInitializationComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:405)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:569)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Splash thread
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress.checkThreadState(SplashProgress.java:438)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress.finish(SplashProgress.java:493)
ā€¦ 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress$SplashFontRenderer.bindTexture(SplashProgress.java:721)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78257_a(FontRenderer.java:216)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78277_a(FontRenderer.java:228)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78278_a(FontRenderer.java:181)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78255_a(FontRenderer.java:393)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78258_a(FontRenderer.java:507)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_85187_a(FontRenderer.java:274)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer.func_78276_b(FontRenderer.java:258)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress$3.drawBar(SplashProgress.java:352)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress$3.run(SplashProgress.java:274)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

ā€“ Head ā€“
Stacktrace:
at cpw.mods.fml.client.SplashProgress.finish(SplashProgress.java:507)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onInitializationComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:405)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:569)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)

ā€“ Initialization ā€“
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

ā€“ System Details ā€“
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpotā„¢ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 726203016 bytes (692 MB) / 2080374784 bytes (1984 MB) up to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)
JVM Flags: 8 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1614 26 mods loaded, 26 mods active
States: ā€˜Uā€™ = Unloaded ā€˜Lā€™ = Loaded ā€˜Cā€™ = Constructed ā€˜Hā€™ = Pre-initialized ā€˜Iā€™ = Initialized ā€˜Jā€™ = Post-initialized ā€˜Aā€™ = Available ā€˜Dā€™ = Disabled ā€˜Eā€™ = Errored
UCHIJA mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJA FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10.jar)
UCHIJA Forge{10.13.4.1614} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10.jar)
UCHIJA CodeChickenCore{1.0.7.47} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJA NotEnoughItems{1.0.5.120} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal.jar)
UCHIJA GT_ASM{6.14.11} [Greg-ASMĀ®] (minecraft.jar)
UCHIJA FastCraft{1.25} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.25.jar)
UCHIJA gregapi{GT6-MC1710} [Greg-API] (gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.13.jar)
UCHIJA BiblioCraft{1.11.7} [BiblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.11.7][MC1.7.10].jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Core{7.1.23} [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Transport{7.1.23} [BC Transport] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Factory{7.1.23} [BC Factory] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Silicon{7.1.23} [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Robotics{7.1.23} [BC Robotics] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Energy{7.1.23} [BC Energy] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Builders{7.1.23} [BC Builders] (buildcraft-7.1.23.jar)
UCHIJA ExtrabiomesXL{3.16.4} [ExtrabiomesXL] (extrabiomesxl_1.7.10-3.16.4.jar)
UCHIJA IC2{2.2.828-experimental} [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2-2.2.828-experimental.jar)
UCHIJA Forestry{4.2.16.64} [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry_1.7.10-4.2.16.64.jar)
UCHIJA BuildCraft|Compat{7.1.7} [BuildCraft Compat] (buildcraft-compat-7.1.7.jar)
UCHIJA Railcraft{9.12.2.0} [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.7.10-9.12.2.0.jar)
UCHIJA StevesCarts{2.0.0.b18} [Steveā€™s Carts 2] (StevesCarts2.0.0.b18.jar)
UCHIJA gregapi_post{GT6-MC1710} [Greg-API-Post] (gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.13.jar)
UCHIJA gregtech{GT6-MC1710} [GregTech] (gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.13.jar)
UCHIJA IronChest{6.0.62.742} [Iron Chest] (ironchest-1.7.10-6.0.62.742-universal.jar)
UCHIJA ReiMinimap{1.7.10} [Reiā€™s Minimap] (reis_minimap_mod_1.7.10.jar)
GL info: ā€™ Vendor: ā€˜NVIDIA Corporationā€™ Version: ā€˜4.5.0 NVIDIA 359.06ā€™ Renderer: ā€˜GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2ā€™
Launched Version: 1.7.10-Forge10.13.4.1614-1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 359.06, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

P.S. It is 25C in Moscow now. Air conditioner helps a lot. Take care :slight_smile:

P.S.2. Is nitric acid still flows upwards or you fixed that? Iā€™m a chemist and it looks weird.

2 Likes

What? I did not sacrifice anything?? I only added one thing to the Crucible Crossing Block, the Signal Stuff stayed the same.

Uh yes, that was like this since always? What is the difference compared to before? Donā€™t tell me you ran Thermometers directly into Hoppersā€¦ Your Setup must have worked by sheer coincidence and was probably doomed to fail even without a Mod Update.

Yes it is, it spawns not just a Bedrock Ore but also a 16x16 of regular Ancient Debris Ores around the Bedrock Ore Chunk at around Bedrock Level. Should be very easy to see when running through the Netherrack.

Uh, at 1 Chunk per second, that would be 2 Hours at most. (technically it is 2 chunks per 2 seconds, since you obviously do that ontop of the Chunk Boundary Line)

What is IC Quarry? Never heard of that Mod.

I think I did fix that. I hope. XD

Does this mean it works now? Or is it still crashing? Forge seriously fucked up that oneā€¦

1 Like

You just need a pulse former and it is really easy to build just needing 3 repeaters. It has always been like this.

2 Likes

i make them with some redstone dust, one repeater and a redstone torch.

2 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding, I used to use a classic setup with DROPPERS:

Nothing special. Just droppers, red alloy wires and sensors.

This setup worked quite fine for a year at GT 6.12.02. After updating GT to 6.13.02 droppers are activating not once, as before, but several times in a row.

Before (GT 6.12.02): one redstone signal - strictly one drop from every dropper.

Now (GT 6.13.02 and 6.14.13): one redstone signal - accidental multiple drops. Every dropper can throw from 1 to 4 blocks after every signal.

More than that, this automation setup works flawlessly even now with GT 6.12.02.

I meant BuildCraft Quarry. I can craft this machine in GT 6.14.13.

Yes, it works. GT 6.14.13 results to a crash at the first start and then it is possible to load Minecraft, but loading screen has wrong resolution.

If I return to GT 6.12.02, I have no issues at all. Loading screen is OK.

2 Likes

Wait that Setup could not have worked before either, because the bottom dropper at the sensor would have droppered twice.

Also maybe try using Redstone Torches (AS COVER) on the Wires when you point them into Droppers, otherwise they might accept the Redstone Signal that Droppers emit in this Setup, otherwise you end up with a Vanilla Quirk that was re-introduced from a Bugfix I did a bit more than a year ago. You should seriously update more frequently.

The Quarry should be able to mine my Ores just fine, unsure how well Fortune works considering the Buildcraft Quarry does not have that Enchant.

Does the OK loading Screen feature any Progress Bars?

Also the gregtech.log File would be helpful for this one, just in case it is really my Error.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost sorry to say that, but this setup was always fine at GT 6.12.02. I smelted tons of everything with it and ready to start collecting resources for a Fusion Reactor. I never ever built an automatic crucible based on HOPPERS. You can take a look at this video, starting from 12:40: https://youtu.be/oEK6sNnRBGQ?t=761. Zuxelus is another fan of your awesome mod.

I tried to update to GT 6.13.02, but got this issue and returned to 6.12.02.

I will try to use Redstone Torches and let you know the result.

Great! Looks like it is the solution we need :slight_smile:

I can see progress bars when loading Minecraft at 6.12.02:

At 6.14.13 I can see only Minecraft logo. The screen resolution is lower and progress bars are located somewhere below the bottom edge of the screen. I posted the screenshot earlier.

1. gregtech.log is the following after the crash (first attempt to load Minecraft after upgrading to 6.14.13):

GT_API: ======================
GT_API: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_API: =======================
GT_API_POST: ======================
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: =======================
GT_Mod: ======================
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Removing all original Scrapbox Drops.
GT_Mod: Adding Scrap with a Weight of 200.0F to the Scrapbox Drops.
GT_DL_Thread: Failed to Connect.
GT_DL_Thread: Failed downloading Silver Supporter List, using interal List!
GT_DL_Thread: Failed downloading Gold Supporter List, using interal List!
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: =======================
GT_DL_Thread: Failed Downloading Version Number of the latest Major Version!
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1497)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:212)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:563)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1512)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:90)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1432)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1430)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:713)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1429)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)
at gregtech.GT_Proxy$1.run(GT_Proxy.java:147)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1479)
ā€¦ 19 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:145)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:131)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382)
ā€¦ 25 more
GT_API: ===================
GT_API: Init-Phase started!
GT_API: If the Loading Bar somehow Freezes at this Point, then you definetly ran out of Memory or permgenspace, look at the other Logs to confirm it.
GT_API: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API: ====================
GT_API_POST: ===================
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ====================
GT_Mod: ===================
GT_Mod: Init-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Init-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: ====================
GT_API: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API: If the Loading Bar somehow Freezes at this Point, then you definetly ran out of Memory or permgenspace, look at the other Logs to confirm it.
GT_API: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API: ========================
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ========================
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: Doing IC2-Exp Things.
GT_Mod: Doing BC Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing RC Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing Forestry Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing EBXL Recipes.
GT_Mod: Replacing Vanilla alike Recipes.
GT_Mod: Copying all of the Forestry Centrifuge/Squeezer Recipes to GT Machines
GT_Mod: ========================

1. And after the second (successful) attempt to load Minecraft after upgrading to 6.14.13 gregtech.log is the following:

GT_API: ======================
GT_API: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ======================
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: ======================
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Removing all original Scrapbox Drops.
GT_Mod: Adding Scrap with a Weight of 200.0F to the Scrapbox Drops.
GT_DL_Thread: Failed downloading Silver Supporter List, using interal List!
GT_DL_Thread: Failed downloading Gold Supporter List, using interal List!
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_DL_Thread: Failed Downloading Version Number of the latest Major Version!
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1497)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:212)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:563)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1512)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:90)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1432)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1430)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:713)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1429)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)
at gregtech.GT_Proxy$1.run(GT_Proxy.java:147)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1479)
ā€¦ 19 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:145)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:131)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382)
ā€¦ 25 more
GT_API: ===================
GT_API: Init-Phase started!
GT_API: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API: ====================
GT_API_POST: ===================
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ====================
GT_Mod: ===================
GT_Mod: Init-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Init-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: ====================
GT_API: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API: ========================
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ========================
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: Doing IC2-Exp Things.
GT_Mod: Doing BC Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing RC Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing Forestry Recipes.
GT_Mod: Doing EBXL Recipes.
GT_Mod: Replacing Vanilla alike Recipes.
GT_Mod: Copying all of the Forestry Centrifuge/Squeezer Recipes to GT Machines
GT_Mod: ========================
GT_API: Remapping ItemStackMaps due to ID Map change. Those damn Items should have a consistent Hashcode, but noooo, ofcourse they break Basic Code Conventions! Thanks Forge and Mojang!
GT_API: Remapping ItemStackMaps due to ID Map change. Those damn Items should have a consistent Hashcode, but noooo, ofcourse they break Basic Code Conventions! Thanks Forge and Mojang!

2 Likes

As for the redstone pulses to vanilla droppers, yeah thatā€™s just how vanilla works, youā€™ve always needed to build a pulse former redstone setup for vanilla droppers to always reliably work (if you get multiple input pulses then you can just use a vanilla repeater to ā€˜formā€™ them). However, you donā€™t need that if you just use gregtech hoppers going into a gregtech item tube as that means only a single operation in a tick anyway. See bearā€™s video on it as he built a very simple and reliably setup with no complicated redstone at all (since bear abhors complicated redstone, lol).

Ah, I see your dropper setup, yeah thatā€™s not reliable as it is in a purely vanilla way, vanilla is very bugged in a lot of its designs and it is working as vanilla designed it. It did only work before due to chance ā€˜orderingā€™ of things but thatā€™s not something you can count on. You really should look at bearā€™s recent steel automation tutorial.

Your crash report doesnā€™t show GT6 in the stack at all, in fact that crash report looks like a well known bug in forge where it crashes on some video drivers based on the timing of things, thatā€™s why forge has the ability to disable that new splash screen (forge doesnā€™t do cross-thread rendering updates correctly and some drivers donā€™t like it, and if they crash it is very situational in how that happens). GT6ā€™s new textures changed its environment state by making it take a fraction of a second longer, which was probably enough to trigger forgeā€™s bug, but GT6 has no control over that thread, GT6 isnā€™t even running at that time at all, it is purely Forgeā€™s code.

1 Like

Nope. Dropper-based setup is the most simple, absolutely reliable and works just fine. With GT 6.12.02. I almost get to a Fusion Reactor with this setup. And I never ever built a hopper-based crucible automation.

And yes. Hopper-based autromation is more convenient.

Thank you. Do you mean this video?

Bear constructed a standard redstone-pulse based hopper automation. What is the point, actually?

Both setups, hopper-based and dropper-based, have their advantages and disadvantages. Dropper-based setup is broken and is not usable anymore. Why should not we try to fix it?

It looks interesting.

1. I upgraded from GT 6.12.02 to GT 6.14.13 (nothing else changed) and got the crash and screen resolution issue.

2. I returned to GT 6.12.02 and all problems disappeared.

3. I got to GT 6.14.13 again (nothing else changed) and got the same crash and screen resolution issue.

4. I returned to GT 6.12.02 and all problems disappeared.

5. I got to GT 6.14.13 again (nothing else changed) and got the same crash and screen resolution issue.

And what is the point, again? It is not a GT issue because Forge is bugged? Why do you think so?

1 Like

As long as you hold a few vanilla requirements in mind, like forming your pulses to the next tick.

Sure, it happened to work because of the ā€˜orderā€™ of the things you built in the chunk; thereā€™s a lot of things that can screw with that, hence the vanilla requirement to 1-tick your pulses.

You should, itā€™s so much easier!

Canā€™t watch youtube while at work but it looks like the right name so I think so?

Point was to automate the crucible reliably. ^.^

Dropper based works as it always has, keep a few vanilla-related requirements about it in mind and it will still work. If those vanilla things arenā€™t kept in mind then it will work sometimes and not work others, most often based on loading order of things in the internal tick list of the engine but there are even other things that can screw with it. Nothing to do with GT6, I can trivially cause those same issues with droppers with entirely unmodded vanilla, itā€™s just how they work.

GT has added more textures, which changes the time it takes MC and Forge to process the texture atlas as there is another texture for it to add to it, same as adding any other mod or updating other mods that change things, and it just ā€˜happensā€™ to cause that crash due to timing issues.

Basically what forge is doing is its processing the atlases but updating the GUI in a separate thread, however itā€™s updating the ā€˜counterā€™ on the renderer from the atlas building thread instead of sending a message to the render thread, and it will ā€˜workā€™ as long as they donā€™t try to touch the GPU simultaneously, but in that chance that they do and your GPU drivers happen to be one of those that donā€™t handle that case (which they shouldnā€™t ā€œneedā€ to handle as itā€™s breaking the spec) then boom, crash. Itā€™s a very very well known forge bug and the resolution is to either get drivers for your GPU that work around that issue (which of course they shouldnā€™t need to workaround as its breaking the spec) or to disable the new forge splash screen.

Nothing to do with screen resolution, unsure why that was mentioned?

But yeah, nothing GT6 can do to fix it, itā€™s not GT6 code, GT6 isnā€™t even running at that time. Itā€™s just a very very well known forge issue.

1 Like
  1. Dropper-based automation used to work just fine with GT 6.12.02. We upgrading to 6.13.02 (nothing else changed) and got the issue.

2. We downgrading to GT 6.12.02 and things are fine again.

3. We upgrading to 6.13.02 again (nothing else changed) and automation becomes broken.

What is the reason of the issue? Yep, this is absolutely obvious! It is a vanilla-related requirements and the ā€˜orderā€™ of things you built in the chunk. And it was fine for a year before only thanks to a ridiculous accident. Great! You have a good explanation.

I canā€™t say anything concerning to GT6 code, which is not running that time. Forge interacts with GT every time when Minecraft loads. And I have no idea how exactly it works.

You are obviously right. We have some incompatibility between GT6 and Forge. Forge remains the same, we change GT version and have an issue. What component must be changed to be compatible with another? And why?

Yeah, I know. My GPU must be changed. It just does not support GT 6.14.13. That is the issue.

Thank you for your answers. Everything was immediately repaired and is working now. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Itā€™s nothing to do with GT6 whatsoever. Purely an issue between forge, certain GPU drivers, and bad timing. It can happen even with only forge and no mod installed at random times as well, though far more rare. In general, if you have a GPU that that doesnā€™t handle the bad data that forge gives it well then the more textures that are loaded in your pack (and GT6 has a lot of textures) then the greater the chance of it happening until it reaches a ā€˜tipping pointā€™ when it generally always happens for the given system. Itā€™s highly annoying, and Forge fixed it in later MC versions. ^.^;

EDIT: Iā€™ve been tempted to put out a new Forge version for 1.7.10 with a variety of fixes, and that would be one of them, just jumping back in to that code is a bit horrible, itā€™s been years since I edited forge itselfā€¦ >.>

1 Like

Actually the reason is that the Red Alloy Wires now strongly Power the Droppers, and they also receive Power from those Strongly powered Hoppers, that is why I suggested Redstone Torches/Repeaters as Covers in order for the Signal to become ONEWAY. That should fix your Droppers, I think.

I think very few additional Textures on my end caused your Texture Atlas to double in Size, resulting in this Issue while stitching it together. I would quite literally need to remove Textures to fix that, if this is the case. Also maybe you should try to check all the inbetween GT6 Versions to see which one broke it for you.

Wait it is working now?? I hope this is sarcasmā€¦

Anyways, what I did notice is that you did not run Windows Update in quite a long time, otherwise HTTPS Certificates would not have ran out. I would recommend either Updating Windows 10 or switching to Linux (and keep it updated too), because damn you are a huge security risk for everyone at your place, lol.

1 Like

Yep. It works exactly as you said. Your setup with Redstone Torches as covers makes things perfect. It works as before! Droppers always throw only one block per every redstone signal. :grin:

Yes, will do that. My GPU is not that new. As OvermindDL1 said, it may be the reason of the issue.

Yes, I canā€™t behave myself sometimes.

Itā€™s kind of a strategy. I use old Windows and do not update it in order to avoid modern threats. Instead of using a firewall, Windows Update and antivirus software, I try to behave reasonably and regularly back up all the data on my computer. Maybe I am lucky, but for the last 10 years I have not had any security issues.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not really a whether it is new or not issue. What forge is doing is absolutely wrong OpenGL code, just that itā€™s accepted and handled (incorrectly) by some GPU drivers still doesnā€™t mean they should have used it, lol. In short, if your drivers crash on that case, that actually means they are following the spec better. ^.^;

Careful with that, the ā€œold threatsā€ get baked into testing tools, which include things for OSā€™s going back over 20 years, everything gets tested to see if an exploit can happen, youā€™re leaving yourself open to significant issues.

Plus, not applying security updates means your system certificate database is out of date, hence why Minecraft canā€™t check for updates, lol.

Eh, thatā€™s hard to confirm, like if you are using Win7 as one example there are multiple known remote exploit flaws for it, and itā€™s EOL even for security updates, itā€™s not getting anything anymore, and with those remote exploits you could easily have rootkits or so that would hide themselves and other threats from any programs you may have installed. Modern linux is a better way to go if you want security by far anyway.

1 Like

GT 6.14.13 - crash

GT 6.14.12 - not checked

GT 6.14.11 - crash

GT 6.14.10 - crash

GT 6.14.09 - OK

GT 6.14.08 - OK

The screen from GT 6.14.10, right before the crash:

Yes, I think you are right, guys. I have to migrate to Windows 10. Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel. :laughing:

2 Likes

Okay this makes even less senseā€¦ Unless I added like just one Texture and that screwed it overā€¦

Antivirus Software is a scam, donā€™t use that.
Windows Firewall and Updates are important though!
And behaving reasonably does help, so does using a Russian Keyboard, since that clearly deters Russian Hackers who dont want to go to Russian Jail. XD

1 Like

That is exactly the way I think about it.

You have too much of a good opinion of Russian hackers, Greg. In reality, they are too dumb to pay attention to your keyboard. And hackers are not imprisoned in Russia.

2 Likes