Mods that fit well with gt6?

I want to play through gretech6 again. I am looking for mods that make gt6 more complete and fun to play with, while also being compatible.

2 Likes

I host a server with a custom ultra-hard GT6 modpack with a combination of tech and magic mods. Plenty of room if you can play nicely with others.

Otherwise, I’d suggest Harvestcraft, Spice of Life, Journeymap, Railcraft, and Thaumcraft.

3 Likes

Thanks, i’ll check it out.

3 Likes

The mods in the pack including detailed versions are here: https://demosthenes.org/Minecraft/SadZombieLand/dist/SadZombieLand.xml

This pack has been thru a few playthroughs over 2 years, so these versions seem stable and functional.

If you are interested in cobbling together your own pack. Remember Greg provides default configs for other mods to make them work with GT6.

2 Likes

The GT6 Downloads Page does have a List of compatible Mods too. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah i read through those many times, i’m mainly looking for lesser known addons for gt6 survival.

2 Likes

Define “survival”, because that’s what my pack makes hard. Fighting starvation, overwhelming odds, and weather on your quest toward world domination.

The GT6 Horizons (?) pack has a NEI fork that works better with GT. I suggest that one.

2 Likes

Well right now i’m craving for gt6 centered surival world, with mods that add features that gt6 does not. I will probably add ic2 classic for example, because it adds quantum armour and that is awesome.

2 Likes

Can you give me a link please?

2 Likes

Yeah, I added IC2 for Quantum Armor so I had an end game OP armor related to GT. I also use the GT Weapons mod for guns. The idea was that in the early game you fight to survive, but you gain strength as you tech up to invulnerability.

2 Likes

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/notenoughitems-gtnh/files

2 Likes

I though gt6 horizons was a new modpack lmao.

2 Likes

It appears to use GT5 Universal? Didn’t know that’s a thing.

Feel free to grab any configs from my pack if you make your own. I can’t recommend running mine single player due to mob clearing requiring a cron job on the server. Never did find a mod to fix that.

2 Likes