I cant create, load or join a world

When I launch gregtech on forge everything loads properly but when I try to create a new world it says ‘Shutting down internal server’ and then the game either crashes or stops responding.

2 Likes

I don’t have computer knowledge, but I know the people that do are going to want more details. What are all of the mods you installed, including for what version of minecraft are they built for? Did you touch the config files? Did you follow these instructions?

Get it all out, and that’ll help the people that know what they are doing help you.

2 Likes

I followed the instructions and have the mods, NEI, codechickenlib, codechickencore and gregtech. All the mods are for 1.7.10. As for config files I have not touched them although I have experimented with allocating more ram to forge to see if it would fix it and it didnt for now its at the default 2gb.

3 Likes

Alright, now we wait for the experts to get back to you. Good luck.

2 Likes

I need the “fml-client-latest.log” from the “logs” Folder please.

Not the “latest.log” and not the “gregtech.log”, I specifically ask for the “fml-client-latest.log” of when the Game has shut down during Worldgen.

1 Like

I cant find fml-client-latest.log the only ones that show up are latest.log gregtech.log and oredict.log

2 Likes

Try using a different Launcher, I think the Launcher you are using fixed the log4j exploit by just removing logging altogether… And yes that is why I asked so very specifically, because it happened to me before when I asked someone else for Logs…

1 Like

wdym different launcher im just using the default minecraft launcher with forge

2 Likes

although since you mentioned log4j im preety sure i did smth to prevent the exploit a while ago. though it could just be my memory being funky

2 Likes

Wait are you serious? You are using the “normal” Windows Minecraft Launcher, and it actually screws up Logging? Which Forge version are you using? 1614?

1 Like

im using the version that was linked in instuctions

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sooooo good news is, its not your fault, bad news is, the Forge Installer Download Link ended up with a File different from the one I downloaded ages ago…

1 Like

thats actually funny. is there a different link?

2 Likes

i just downloaded forge 1614 and tried again but im getting the same error

2 Likes

Yeah I KNOW, because it is different from the File I downloaded years ago despite being the same fucking Version…

forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-installer.jar (3.2 MB)

This is the one I downloaded back then, you can go compare the Files if you like…

1 Like

whats the difference??? also i cant open the file now (im editing cause i cant reply anymore) what am i meant to do with the file then since i cant do anything with it @Gregorius i cant execute the file pls help @Gregorius nope doesnt work. im just using java to open java files lol. We appreciate your enthusiasm, keep it up! That said, for the safety of our community, you’ve reached the maximum number of replies a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 22 hours and you’ll be able to create more replies. @Gregorius

2 Likes

Hard to tell with Jar Files, especially because it is probably still obfuscated and everything…

You could try using it to install Forge if you really want to, just be aware that you would end up trusting me to give you not malware or some bullshit. XD

Edit: btw the only reason you couldn’t reply was because the most recent post of yours was still there, its just to prevent doubleposting. You can post normally otherwise. :wink:

Shouldnt that Jar File be executable? Oh great which of the many “java” applications is the right one to execute a Jar with…

1 Like

You can reply normally, you dont have to edit your Post all the time. :wink:

(as i said it was just double posting prevention built into the Forums, so as long as you dont post two posts in a row its fine)

1 Like