HBM coke variants

HBM nuclear tech just added coal coke variants, like: coal coke, lignite coke, petroleum coke (unobtainable for now). Issue: lignite coke and coal coke recipes don’t exist, likely because of GT6. Best solution in my eyes is to make them unification targets.

2 Likes

That highly depends on how necessary Unification targeting for those is, because I have already targeted some "gemCoalCoke"s from less OreDict compatible Mods before, and there can only ever be ONE target each. :wink:

2 Likes

This mod is very alive. I can’t say the same about Railcraft :wink:

2 Likes

…or Rotarycraft… oh wait that one is alive but very oredict unfriendly…

2 Likes

Rotarylagwho? ___

2 Likes

I could just change the ore dict keys if that helps somehow (honestly I just took a good guess on what those should be), either way not being able to make NTM coke isn’t that big of a deal since it doesn’t impact progression in any major way.

2 Likes

That coke is required to make graphite ingots, which are required for “the chicago pile” - earlygame plutonium breeder. Maybe for other things. I noticed, that graphite blocks can be made in Ore Acidizer from coal blocks.
Not a big issue when playing with GT6, mostly because GT6 adds other tech obstacles to NTM progression. For example, tungsten and aluminum are earlygame materials in NTM, so easy to get. Not so in GT6… :wink: Looting NTM structures gives tungsten, but I didn’t find aluminum (except smashing circuits in anvil, but I didn’t need aluminum sooo much).

2 Likes

I’m currently playtesting GT6 and NTM. Where could I write you about NTM issues?
Example: SILEX in my opinion is not automation-friendly. I couldn’t find how to move hydrogen peroxide to it from chemical plant through universal fluid ducts, GT6 hoppers also did nothing with inputting-outputting items to-from it.

3 Likes

The SILEX has three ports for automation (which is exactly how many you need for item input, peroxide and item output), being the pipes on the left and right and one hard to spot one on the bottom center. The SILEX implements the vanilla hopper IO which should make it compatible with about any item pipe that also follows that standard (hoppers, Thermal Dynamics item ducts and Mekanism logistical pipes have all been tested).

If you want to report an issue you can either DM me here (I’m online every working day) or open an issue on the github issues page.

3 Likes

Left and right look like laser in-out points. But I’m not sure - front and bottom also look suspicious. I don’t yet have FEL (laser source), so I can only “refine” gravel.
In my opinion, it’s too easy to get lithium this way. Much cheaper than from schist using ore acidizer, while schist is semi-rare and gravel is common. Boron is nice for Desh, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe the gravel recipe having no laser requirement at all is a bug, since after the FEL got added, it was supposed to be mandatory for the SILEX to work (after all, how does laser isotope separation work with no laser?).

The laser inputs are on the front and back (the small glass-colored squares), while the left and right have large metal pipes which connect to item and fluid ducts.

3 Likes

So it’s a bug. Oops. Which laser will it be? Infrared or… something harder to get?

3 Likes

Originally I thought IR, but considering how easy it is to get I’m now leaning more towards VL since that’s post-RBMK, meaning for the construction of the RBMK you have to rely mostly on borax instead of skipping borax altogether.

3 Likes

Good idea with post-RBMK. Now I’ll have to “deconstruct” all that desh and delete boron and lithium…

3 Likes

Solid-fueled industrial generator, charging GT6 batteries.

3 Likes

Lol you convert to RF i see?

1 Like

Yes. HE → RF → RU (GT6) → EU (GT6).

2 Likes