GT6 Modpack: Devouring Darkness - Announcements thread

Ah yes, that was it!

1 Like

I’ve updated the pack this morning to v423. This includes the change to disable Netherplus portal creation where they retrogenned into existing chunks. Updated to the latest GT6 with the turret and log spam fixes.

Be sure to copy your worlds, options, and journeymap across instances.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the config/NEI folder contents for bookmarks and NEI config.

Sorry PolyMC doesn’t make upgrades easier.

2 Likes

Updated GT6 to latest 6.15.04 in v426. Please upgrade.

This fixes the creeper crash, and storage drawers no longer need an axe.

2 Likes

One more bump, fixing a mixed case config. v429 released.

2 Likes

I’ve been frustrated with PolyMC’s lack of update function, so I wanted to share a shortcut I found.

Make a copy of your instance, and then use PolyMC to open the Minecraft folder of that instance.

Delete the config, local, mods and scripts directories manually.

Then open the ZIP file the pack is distributed as, and copy config, local, mods and scripts from the “.minecraft” folder in the ZIP to your instance directory.

It should update in place this way and keep your saves and map markers.

I do recommend always editing a copy of your instance for safety.

2 Likes

You should make a download link for the pack that’s the same URL but HTTP 302 redirects to the actual latest version. ^.^

1 Like

Bah! If you can’t find a zip file with a number, you’re not prepared to be eaten by zombies.

2 Likes

I can, but scripts can’t. :wink:

1 Like

Useful documentation for AE2 now offline:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170706125156/http://ae-mod.info/Getting-Started

2 Likes

Ahh the mark of quality there… >.>

1 Like

Note that GT6 changes the inscriptions to be made by laser engraver, not exploration.

2 Likes

It appears there is some drama over PolyMC (if you’re using it). The M$ key they use has been revoked, so you can’t even login if you are using it. Don’t update PolyMC, upstream appears compromised.

The pack should be playable with MultiMC, and I’ll test that soon. If you do switch, make sure to grab your Journeymap data, NEI bookmarks, and options.

3 Likes

To be more precise, one of the maintainers had a meltdown, kicked everyone off the project and deleted the Code of Conduct.

Also, a few hours ago the repository got an update which changes the MS Identity Platform ID, I’m not entirely sure whether that’s the same thing or if that would “fix” the login but in either case I’d stay clear of PolyMC for the time being.

2 Likes

I just installed MultiMC and copied my entire instances folder from PolyMC to MultiMC’s main directory, and it worked instantly.

3 Likes

Updated to v436. Greg provided a hotfix for GT6 to stop the Terrashatterer pickaxe from being burned by Endoflames. Also nerfed the botania cookies which bypassed food rules.

3 Likes

Hey that hotfix was out for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

Takes a bit to deploy it. =]

1 Like

Updated to v438. This adds the Redstone Activator which can help harvest Pam’s crops. It requires GT steel, so while it’s not early game it’s also not too expensive.

2 Likes

Updated to v439.

OvermindDL1 was very helpful identifying a heap overflow error for players on the server. SpecialMobs was accumulating some form of particles that only cleared on reboot. I believe he updated the GTNH fork of SM with a fix, and compiled a new jar for us.

Much appreciated!

4 Likes