Gregtech 6 Achievements?

I would absolutelty love if gt6 had achievements to act as a guide to new players and veterans too. Achievements would help progress and reach important goals for a successful gregtech experience. Also appealing to more players that don’t want to spend hours reading wikipedia ;D

3 Likes

Wasn’t that what GT New Horizons did? They made it a quest?

4 Likes

Yea GTNH made a large questbook. But it would be awesome to see greg adding his own achievements or quests.

3 Likes

In a way, it did that for GT5U. QwerTech also has some GT6 achievements but it’s unfinished for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

Yeah if anything I would probably do Quests because the Achievement System is kiiiinda fucked up, in a crashy sense. But not sure about when I would do that one.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that qwertech added achievements and then realised that gregtech6 should too. Because it is a simple feature yet very helpful.

2 Likes

How would you do quests? Are you going to code your own guidebook? I mean that would be absolutely fantastic but achievements are pretty simple and quick to add

2 Likes

If you scroll on the Achievement Screen you can get random crashes in 1.7.10 if you scroll too far into one direction, this is the main reason I dont do Achievements.

2 Likes

I never had that happen to me but I guess if it’s buggy staying away from it is the right choice…

2 Likes

Qwertech does exactly that, but it doesn’t work properly with the latest versions of gregtech.

3 Likes

qwertech is sadly broken… :\

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a shame.
I was just looking at qwertech’s repo right now, and apparently someone made a fork with a branch that has been updated in the last couple days and received some updates. Commits don’t say much and it seems experimental, so I’m not keeping my hopes up…

4 Likes

Yeah I really liked Qwertech but it was just too broken to keep. I miss some of the items it added, perhaps the fork will tidy it up a little.

3 Likes

I had a very rough idea in my head of making crafting tables tiered or something like that. Early game the player uses a stump to craft simple items by bashing stuff with a rock (no GUI) then the player can get a better worktable which gets a GUI but still needs gt6 tools to craft certain items (hammer or screwdriver or wire cutters ect.) And then finally a proper crafting workbench that does not require any tools inside recipes as it would already have the tools in it, in its recipe.

This crafting table tier system can go on and on eventually reaching automated crafting and digital systems sort of like AE.

3 Likes

Yeah no, Tiered Crafting Tables are a terrible Idea, they overcomplicate things in a bad way. It would be far better for dedicated things like Anvils or Mortars for dedicated purposes, and Machines that can do all those things too.

3 Likes

I’d love an update to the weapons. All the textures broke.

4 Likes

I see anvils as an evolution of Qwertech’s tiered crafting tables and that’s a good thing. The anvil, mortar and magnifying glass provide that first step into processing and smelting and is a natural step between stone axes and forged tools. Crafting anything in a crafting bench that involves beating and shaping as a recipe feels wrong now.

In terms of achievements I think books and studying materials is the way to go. Books provide information on what can be done and studying materials provides clues on how you can use it. Is it Bibliocraft that provides the crafting bench that lets you record recipes to books? Something like that, but where the books are already written and can be found of traded for could also work.

3 Likes

I also suggested the achievement of gt6 a long time ago, but I don’t know why, @Gregorius didn’t give any response.
As for the crash caused by scrolling too fast, many MODS in 1.7.10 have their achievement systems, so it won’t be a big problem. I think Greg may be lazy…

3 Likes

Come on, don’t call Greg lazy after he has been actively coding the mod for so many years. It is up to him to decide whether to add a “guide” or not. First of all, NEI basically shows how to craft everything in the mod and Greg has added so much comparability to it. Not to mention the detailed tooltips on all blocks. If anything, the player is being lazy.

2 Likes

Actually I remember when I was coding my own mods for mc, just for a fun experiment, I became lazy quite quickly. Cool stuff that I wanted to add just became work for me and I just could not be assed.

I’m really amazed by the amount of dedication and effort Greg has put into his mods, as a one man team as well…

2 Likes