GregGen- Worldgen addon for GT6!

GregGen is a new worldgen addon for GT6, aiming to make the world more interesting to explore and more lively. Currently, it adds 1.17’s noise cave generation to GT6, making caving a much more fun experience.
Planned features: new biomes, modified terrain generation, more biome decoration, biome variants, new ores, new plants, huge ore veins, and more.

Do note that this mod is in VERY EARLY ALPHA and by using this you’re accepting that future updates may cause chunk borders or change worldgen in unpredictable ways! Game balance may be affected by the additions too, making certain parts of GT6 such as finding ores much easier.

Screenshots:

Current features:

• Noise caves
  • Biomes O’ Plenty compat

It adds a custom world type (server.properties level-type=greggen) and another BOP world type if BOP is installed (server.properties level-type=greggen_bop)

Useful links:
Download (0.1.1)
Join my discord server!

Any and all suggestions and feedback welcome!

9 Likes

Interesting. Is there a changelog or source available anywhere to check for what’s been edited in clearer details? I can think of several etufturum requiem incompatibilities out of the door.

Edit:

CB’s DepLoader was unable to download required library ItemDelocalizer-1.7.10-0.5.1b.jar

Edit2:

nope, turns out that was unrelated to the mod.

2 Likes

In the Month of April the Minecraft Forge Team decided to go fuck everyone using 1.7.10 and fuck up all the automatic Download Links for Mods such as CodeChickenLib or ItemDelocalizer. You have to download those Mods manually now, and guess what, I bet they do not fucking exist on anything like CurseForge.

Edit: And by the way I doubt its a dependency for this Addon, so it might be another Mod requesting this :wink:

1 Like

As for the changelog and source, I just added a changelog and the source will be available as soon as I fully deobfuscate and cleanup the chunk generator.

3 Likes

Edit: Nevermind, I found the link and provided it to the dude.

2 Likes

What Mod do you even have installed that requires this? It clearly cant be this Addon or GregTech, since neither me nor SuperCoder know of its existence.

2 Likes

No clue, I just shared the mod within a gregtech discord and someone told me about the crash, they fixed it by creating a dummy text file with just that name apparently. :thinking:
In any case, I fixed the original post and it seems to be working properly on my end.

2 Likes

Oh that’s neat, I love the new caves

3 Likes

Update time! GregGen 0.1.1 adds improved ocean smoothing, so that caves don’t instantly stop and create weird borders when encountering an ocean biome.

• Fixed ocean smoothing issue
  • Fixed translation issue (was ninjafixed)

Download 0.1.1 here!

3 Likes

A few sneak peeks into what’s coming next- I’ve been working on a “shadow biome” system, where I can make as many biomes as I want, but not use any biome IDs as they save to disk as vanilla biomes. I’ve made some savanna biomes to test, here they are:

Savanna Scrubland

Spruce Savanna

These are just the start, if there are any biomes you’d like to see let me know!

6 Likes

Are you still coding this mod? It would be nice to get some of 1.18 terrain generation features. Maybe even higher terrain?

4 Likes

I’d like some options to adjust the size and frequency of large caves too. One of my biggest gripes with 1.18 is how damn huge the underground the underground is (world height felt unneeded) and there’s so many huge caves everywhere. Options to adjust stuff like this would be near.

1 Like

Yeah she is no longer working on this Addon sadly, so that is likely not gonna happen. : /

2 Likes

Is this source code anywhere?

1 Like

This seems to be it. She did change her Username quite a bit ago, so it is hard to find via the one she still uses here on the Forums. ^^

The cave systems looked epic. Imagine that teeming with hordes of undead monsters imbued with infernal enchants. Muahahaha.

If the caves are epic enough, I may consider the next ultra hard pack as an underground pack. Crops by torchlight, no sun…

2 Likes

If you use Chronos, try a timescale of 0.1 until sundown and then never let the sun rise again…

2 Likes

Are you only planning to add large caves without increasing the height of the world? If so, it’s a pity, increasing the height of the world is one of the best solutions in the new versions.

2 Likes

A world height increase is not feasible due to the way worldgen in 1.7 works and how mods generate world elements. I could make a laundry list of reasons but I guarantee you it will never happen, and any mod that does so would require every mod to add compat (which many dead ARR mods will require patches for)

Furthermore I find the new height completely unnecessary and makes caving annoying. There were plenty of ways to make the world interesting without adding more needless space that modern doesn’t even do much with, leaving caves that are huge and empty, and in my opinion, just worse. There aren’t enough biome and there’s not enough new cave features to make 1.18 caves interesting, it’s just night vision and finding the overly common huge caves to farm diamonds. BORING

4 Likes

Add to that reasoning, the deep dark, which is one of the reasons the height change was done in the first place, oh wait what is that, the deep dark ruins only generate inside of Mountains and leave plenty of space below them regardless? Why exactly is everything deeper now, considering there is no caves that are taller than 50 blocks or so, and the deep dark doesn’t even make use of the extra height, since its inside of Mountains…

2 Likes