GregGen- Worldgen addon for GT6!

I use this:
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/immersive-cavegen
and this:
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/no-coords

Some generations can be pretty fun. You can also set your world type to amplified for extra quirkyness unless you are using something like biomes o’ plenty

3 Likes

Hey your mod is cool but i’m having probelm with swampy biome. I have entire section of the biggest cave system i’ve seen litteraly flooded from t=50 to y=12 with swamp water that is impossible to remove

2 Likes

Use the Rotational Pump to remove it then. :wink:

2 Likes

Your arguments look convincing and logical. Only in this case it became interesting to me, but how in this case does netherlicious have an increased height function in Nether? How did the developer solve the issue of compatibility with mods? I haven’t tested it, so it’s possible that problems exist.

1 Like

The Nether is 128 Blocks Tall but the Map of the Nether is 256 Blocks Tall, there is 128 Blocks worth of dead space above the Nether, commonly used by professional players like a Superflat World on the Nether Roof. Same goes for Mystcraft Cave Worlds which have the same dead space atop but with Grass instead of Bedrock as the Ceiling.

Making use of that dead space should not hinder any other Mods at all. :wink:

2 Likes

can confirm, I ended up on the other side of the bedrock roof once, it’s dark up there.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, Netherlicious does! But it uses already existing values; the Nether is just expanded to fit the previously unused space. Whilst some mods may not adapt to the new space, most will and Netherlicious even has custom code for Nether mods anyways. Meanwhile extending the OG overworld height is beyond monumental. The amount of patches needed to make most popular mods work would span well into the hundreds. It is “possible” but I guarantee you it will never happen. Ain’t nobody got time for that. The world bounds are fine just the way they are anyhow.

1 Like

Yep it is indeed impossible to get Mods to work with heights beyond 256, there is several Mods including GT6 that have compressed save data like Y Coordinates to just one Byte, so Network Code and maybe even custom TileEntity saving Code will not work with heights above 256, let alone NEGATIVE Y Coordinates.

1 Like

I recall the cubic worlds mod basically rewrote the coordinate code, I think it worked but EVERY other mod broke because they depend on those coordinates.

2 Likes