Features that definitely need to be in GT6 before I start my own Game

Wait what, no its just an archive for Suggestions, that I can look at later for my Game. XD

A lot of that Stuff can not only be used for GT6 :wink:

Though the Suggestions that I did turn into “Unresolved Support Requests” are gonna be on the List.

3 Likes

Another kind of reactor that often is pretty underappreciated is the molten-salt reactor. This video explains how they work and how they’re built quite well: https://youtu.be/tyDbq5HRs0o
Just for inspiration in case you want to add some reactors to GT6 or your game.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought of it, but that got dropped to way low priority until other Stuff is done. Essentially molten Salt would have been a different Type of Coolant for the Rod Reactors.

3 Likes

Will a week of illness slow down the progress of the update, which will result in the failure of gt6 to be completed by 2020?
In addition, as for the previously mentioned suggestion of LU laser transmitting in the air, will there be no time to do it (it looks cool, and it also makes laser hazard signs useful)
multiblock matter fabricator & replicator will not be added? It seems like a good way to deal with a lot of useless elements…

4 Likes

Good Question, I essentially have only 20 days left. I will DEFINITELY rush it, should the Fusion Multiblock not be completed by Christmas (so I have a week for adding more Recipes to it than just Hydrogen/Deuterium/Helium)

Aren’t they literally on the List ? They will happen, and are what I plan to do this week. Especially because I need something that can accept ZPM Levels of Quantum Power.

As for Lasers, yeah unlikely I add that Feature to them.

5 Likes

I think the plasma turbine can to be added to your to-do list
It can be structured like a gas turbine or a steam turbine. I think it’s very easy for you to do it lol

5 Likes

So as for the Matter Fabrication Process. The Replicators will stay small BUT they will be much cheaper. The Fabricators will be twice as expensive to offset the new cheapness and they got a new Multiblock, specifically to accept ZPM Levels of Quantum Power directly.

6 Likes

Can’t ammonia synthesis be added? It seems that there is no time to do these things

3 Likes

But what would the Ammonia be used for?

2 Likes

I remember that in gt5, ammonia reacts with oxygen to form water and nitric oxide to produce nitric acid. I have also made relevant suggestions before. You can see these two posts:

3 Likes

will you ditch Minecraft forever or just GT6?

3 Likes

Well both, Minecraft isn’t worth it anymore for me. That’s why I’m making my own Game that is better than Minecraft. ^^

There will still be Bugfix Updates when seriously needed, and I already started preparing a GitHub Repo for GT6, since the Selfhosted Gitea Repo was a dumb Idea.

5 Likes

I am actually interested: Why? Because I hated SevTech’s early game precisely for not using GUIs when a GUI could’ve been a lot more intuitive. I will quote keybounce on this as it pretty much sums up why I don’t like them at all (the quote is an analogy on SevTech’s crafting stumps explaining why it’s unintuitive and not immersive at all; basically no-GUI crafting tables):

Go to a kitchen counter (you can do this as a thought experiment if you want), and clear a meter square surface. Use some tissue paper (or toilet paper), and divide it into 1’ x 1’ squares. Stand in front of it. Now, keeping your eyes straightforward, move your neck to where you are looking around at all 9 spaces. Notice how much head movement you have, notice how much work is involved.

Now, just look at the whole table, and move your hand around all 9 spaces. Notice how much easier it is?

4 Likes

It is more specifically GUIs like the ones in Minecraft, where a single purpose thing has a 1 Slot GUI that adds more steps to the process than just rightclicking it with the Item I have in my hand anyways.

So instead of 1 click, most operations in a GUI are 3 clicks and 3 Keypresses at minimum. You can probably understand why I dont like GUIs in Minecraft for simple things that dont actually need them.

With my Game I will do something better than that though, likely just “hit context menu key while pointing at thing” -> “open GUI that asks what you wanna process, with a filter to only show things you have in inventory” or “open a GUI with the Recipes you can use with your current Items”. There will be much more variety in accessing Machines and such.

5 Likes

Yeah I can see that. I just don’t want to memorize too much. I like having no GUI when the operation is rather simple (hence why I have no problem with your burning boxes) but I’d probably not like it when something like TFC’s anvil or Avaritia’s 9x9 crafting table had no GUI.

5 Likes

I hate the QwerTech Crafting Table too, dont worry. XD

Yeah simple = no GUI, but if it is complicated then ofcourse a GUI has to be there.

6 Likes

Speaking of GUI, GT6 has two unused GUIs: calciner and cooker. Did you give them up?

4 Likes

Yeah I did. First I thought they were a good Idea, and the Cooker probably was (would have been a Cooking Pot), but later I realized that the Recipe System for the Cooker would not have been that straightforward, and the Calciner, just like the Foamer, would not have had good enough general uses.

5 Likes

And the assembly machine; it wasn’t added
I remember that you said that you would move the circuit board synthesis into the assembly machine

4 Likes

Yeah that too. A lot of things ended up a bit abandoned. I tried to at least leave something good enough behind. ^^

3 Likes