Devouring Darkness: Whitelisted server STILL open

Map pre-generation is ongoing. I’ll open the server on Friday August 12. I’ll provide the host information and open the whitelist then.

Sneak peek of the new map:

https://i.imgur.com/UQMRRq9.jpg

Brief glimpse outside my test base during a bolt of lightning:

https://i.imgur.com/PmI7M2o.jpg

I will host a whitelisted Devouring Darkness server for the next 3-6
months for players who want to play together.

Modpack:

Typically our gaming group collectively builds a small “Spawn” base for safety and early game food. Then each of us will pack our bags and head off into the wilderness to create our own base. Please treat the spawn base with respect as it’s a shared resource. Refill what you take before you leave.

I plan to participate in securing an early game spawn base, and then I’ll depart to make my own. Others are welcome to stay, share, and upgrade spawn if they can work together.

Our group tends to enjoy civilizing a continent. We’ll want to collaborate on projects to link everyone’s bases with roads, nether routes, and trade. Mail service in-game is provided.

• Whitelisted Server Features
  • Whitelisted
    • Email address is required for whitelisting
    • Contact Demosthenexx on the GT6 forum or IRC to apply.
  • Dedicated Server with 24/7 Uptime
  • 10km x 10 km Map pregenerated
  • No PvP or Griefing
  • Forge chunk claiming encouraged
  • Dynmap for realtime world map
  • Server Rules
  • Keep it polite, there are children present.
  • Follow the golden rule.
  • Absolutely no PvP or griefing, this server is PvE only.
  • Don’t do things requiring me to make rules.
  • Stake a claim by asking Demosthenexx to add your new base as an
    icon on the Dynmap. Try to settle at least a few hundred blocks
    from other existing bases to give your neighbors room too, there’s
    plenty of space!
3 Likes

I’ve enabled the server! Myself and my son are starting a spawn base. =]

2 Likes

I might be driven to properly install MC again to try this out, would be interesting to see the server if you want to whitelist me (name is as matches here). ^.^

Have a dynmap link yet?

2 Likes

Nice. Our four players have secured a community base with food and basic smelting. We’re all saving up to go make bases this week. Starting food is hard in a tropical forest, there’s no space for the Pam’s gardens to spawn.

2 Likes

Up to 10 players now, about half that active. Spawn base has a secure food supply and early smelting. Everyone’s starting to branch out to make bases!

Plenty of room for new players. =]

2 Likes

Two more players joined up! Woo!

Both went full Rambo off into the wild. Amazing!

2 Likes

Haha, what’d they end up doing?

1 Like

One is well set SW of spawn. I went and helped him build a moat and wall to demonstrate why they are needed. I think he’s ahead of me now in tech.

The other settled into a GT tower with his daughter, both playing intermittently.

2 Likes

Server updated to v423.

Be sure to copy over your journeymap, option, and saves to the new instance.

2 Likes

Updated to v426. Careful updating!

2 Likes

One more bump, up to v429.

2 Likes

I’m progressing very slowly, having rebuilt my base and busy with work.

Other players are getting into plastic! Woo!

Still plenty of room for more if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I spent a diamond to open the Twilight portal at spawn. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Dumb question, wouldn’t this location mean a ton of Mobs flood into the Portal and kill you on the other side?

2 Likes

How’s that different than anywhere else?

3 Likes

What a brilliant thing to find! Haha!

EDIT: All credit to @timetravellingBlockhead for making my day in his shrine to the difficult to make stick!

3 Likes

Well you get smothered right away upon entering that’s whats different. Maybe build such Portals inside a Building :wink:

Also isn’t the Twilight Forest too safe for your Server? Wouldn’t people migrate to it because of that? Especially with a portal being right at Spawn?

As for the Stick, it couldn’t be THAT difficult. XD

1 Like

TF is only a little safe. There are still mobs there, and any regular stone is at mob spawning light level. It’s only their ground and leaves which don’t spawn if I recall.

Second I have tested that you cannot grow crops in TF at all, so making a base there isn’t an option.

In summary, it’s hostile to living and still has mobs. I’m not worried about it.

3 Likes

Why thank you : P

2 Likes

Wow, nice upgrades!

3 Likes