Map pre-generation is ongoing. I’ll open the server on Friday August 12. I’ll provide the host information and open the whitelist then.
Sneak peek of the new map:
Brief glimpse outside my test base during a bolt of lightning:
I will host a whitelisted Devouring Darkness server for the next 3-6
months for players who want to play together.
Typically our gaming group collectively builds a small “Spawn” base for safety and early game food. Then each of us will pack our bags and head off into the wilderness to create our own base. Please treat the spawn base with respect as it’s a shared resource. Refill what you take before you leave.
I plan to participate in securing an early game spawn base, and then I’ll depart to make my own. Others are welcome to stay, share, and upgrade spawn if they can work together.
Our group tends to enjoy civilizing a continent. We’ll want to collaborate on projects to link everyone’s bases with roads, nether routes, and trade. Mail service in-game is provided.
- Whitelisted Server Features
- Email address is required for whitelisting
- Contact Demosthenexx on the GT6 forum or IRC to apply.
- Dedicated Server with 24/7 Uptime
- 10km x 10 km Map pregenerated
- No PvP or Griefing
- Forge chunk claiming encouraged
- Dynmap for realtime world map
- Server Rules
- Keep it polite, there are children present.
- Follow the golden rule.
- Absolutely no PvP or griefing, this server is PvE only.
- Don’t do things requiring me to make rules.
- Stake a claim by asking Demosthenexx to add your new base as an
icon on the Dynmap. Try to settle at least a few hundred blocks
from other existing bases to give your neighbors room too, there’s
plenty of space!