Devouring Darkness: Discussion thread

Goodness gracious what are those floating crystal thingies? They look like someone photoshopped them from another game into Minecraft.

3 Likes

OH MY GOD I JUST ACCIDENTALLY ENTERED THE TWILIGHT FOREST HOW DO YOU MAKE A MISTAKE THAT BAD

3 Likes

Wait why is it a mistake, I dont see any death coming towards you in that screenshot.

2 Likes

No Death is coming towards me but it is still pretty stupid to accidentally cross inter-dimensional boundries, especially given I’ve scarcely ever touched the Twilight Forest before.

2 Likes

Hey that hard to make Stick, what exactly was that Stick made of? The Texturepack made it less obvious.

1 Like

Pretty sure those are pylons from Botania. What do they do? Magic stuff I guess.

3 Likes

Treated stick. I needed it to make heavy cream for peanut butter.

2 Likes

Behold, my new defences!

2 Likes

Yep, they are from Botania. They are for the advanced structures. Just another way to make you spend diamonds. I setup a Botania Enchanting structure, and a Portal to Elf-thing.

3 Likes

At last, the spawn base is fortified. I can actually go outside at night instead of logging off for 10 minutes to wait for night to finish now!

I’ve checked the lighting and (as far as I know) it’s spawn-proof. Additionally, I’ve been roaming about and have been basically inaccessible to mobs (if I stay inside). Yay!

The only caveat is that you need to break 2 dirt blocks to get in or out because mobs will break down doors.

I’ll be making the water-walls as tall as the land walls later. Great to actually be able to focus on thriving instead of surviving.

3 Likes

Awesome! You likely could thrive in the treetops though. ;]

2 Likes

Oh, did you see the east road? I redid the whole thing.

3 Likes

With GT6 Lava Springs, Lava becomes an infinite resource, right?

2 Likes

Yes, though they have a limited flow rate.

3 Likes

HAHAHA! I’ve unlocked the ultimate power of unlimited MILK! Heavy cream, butter, and cheese here I come!

I have locked a hapless bovine into a suspended platform, and I’m dropping empty buckets on it’s head. I have a Botania Drum of Gathering triggered every 30 seconds via redstone clock and pulse mana spreader. This fills the buckets of milk. I have a hopperhock pickup the filled buckets, which I pipe into a Railcraft Liquid Loader. It loads a tank cart which is instantly unloaded, and piped off to storage.

I have a invar tank ready to fill with 1.7M buckets of milk!

EDIT Milk baby, MILK!

3 Likes

Yeah! You put sick-ass fire lights

2 Likes

What a way to get infinite dairy, holy cow.

4 Likes

Muahahaha!

3 Likes

Yeah you have enough dairy now, lol.

2 Likes

Now for unlimited cheese, wrapped in lead.

5 Likes