Devouring Darkness: Discussion thread

Are you sure about that? GT6 hopper can extract items from it (including bait), likely can also insert bait into it. If item filters can help to NOT extract bait, at least semi-automation is possible.

2 Likes

Interesting! Iā€™ll have to try more pipes. My prior experience was you can insert into it, but not pull.

2 Likes

I think Hoppers do accept a Filter Cover on their top, so you might be able to extract what you want.

1 Like

Ah, theyā€™re so excited! So busy! Such a thrill.

Destroying every light source in the game.

2 Likes

What would happen if you surrounded a torch with red steel spikes?

2 Likes

They pop the torch too fast. They donā€™t die fast enough.

2 Likes

Just confirming they destroy Botania glowing flowers, mana flashes, etc. Nothing is safe! Muahahhaa!

2 Likes

Lava is also a light source. I think even flowing lava.

2 Likes

This is true, but lava is a finite resource hard to come by. Netherrack lit on fire does also survive.

2 Likes

This depends on GT6 settings (bedrock lava)

2 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of ways to get it, but would you spend lava to make a light source everywhere? Iā€™m not sure on that.

2 Likes

And the road is built!

3 Likes

Spawnā€™s looking lovely. Thanks @timetravellingBlockhead for the upgrades!

3 Likes

Ah, lovely roads. Ignore the spreading fires and death. Itā€™s just lovely.

3 Likes

While I donā€™t play your modpack, I can only guess. And be wrong :stuck_out_tongue: Also, I donā€™t build surface roads, so didnā€™t even think about that. I like underground tunnels and sometimes put a pillar or something near entrance.

3 Likes

If only Zombies could put out Fires with their rotten fists like Steve can. :stuck_out_tongue:

And what if I told you there is two different Lava Blocks in vanilla, and both of them are Source Blocks? Yeah it is the metadata that makes BOTH of them into flowing Blocks, NOT the Block IDā€¦ The Block ID is used to detect Block Updates (which in turn changes the normal Lava Block into a ā€œgonna be updatedā€ Lava Block)

3 Likes

On the DD modpack it is very wise to use underground tunnels. Around my base I have tunnels going everywhere at height 45. Tunneling is a major investment in digging though.

However for overworld travel long distances, roads really help and are easy to create with GT paths (right click shovel). When we started the server, my wife and I made long single block wide roads on the 0,0 axes. Youā€™d often get snagged while using them by vines, trees, and such. You could ā€œafkā€ walk in a straight line though, stairs and slopes meant no jumping.

Helping out at spawn recently Iā€™ve made the trip several times, and decided to sink some time into expanding it to 3 wide to allow horses. In DD night time is completely pitch black and you canā€™t see where youā€™re walking. Adding the netherrack lights means you can run a bit longer to find a safehouse. I still wouldnā€™t run at night, youā€™re likely to spawn so much along the road it would no longer be safe during the day.

2 Likes

When I make my tunnels go up to the surface in DD, I always do it into a body of water several blocks deep. I make an underwater entrance with a jaded ladder (trapdoor ladder) and mark the opening with a jackā€™o lantern. Mobs would break it if they could swim down, but underwater doors are safe.

For cliff faces under water I do use an actual door. =]

2 Likes

Slick. I got mana over rail working, so my charcoal farm is now powering lots of Botania toys!

Each ā€œstationā€ has a detector which unlocks a 10 second timer, which makes the cart move on after the interval.

3 Likes

Just need moar spikes!

1 Like