Devouring Darkness: Discussion thread

Questions? Comments? Post here!

2 Likes

But you recreate Factorio in it?

(Bitchass forums won’t let me use the word "Factorio" because it creates a link)

2 Likes

Facto-rio was the next step after modded Minecraft.

2 Likes

Heh, sorry, have issues with spammers on new accounts otherwise, it gives a good opportunity to wipe the accounts before they do anything bad. ^.^;

1 Like

Also @Demosthenex I notice you don’t have a mod that messes with The End, have you thought about HEEM (with its overpoweredMobs = true configuration set to true of course, plus whatever else)? It was always one of my favs, and its nicely deadly rather than just an empty void (even more so with the mob enhancement mods installed too, lol).

1 Like

I never found the end that interesting. Adding Netherlicious and Netherite+ is a big step this pack. I’ve been trying to find a way to make the Nether more threatening for quite a while. I think this will do it.

My play testers went in and said it was a real challenge now. You had to be very careful. That’s great news because before it was just dead space where we made roads.

2 Likes

Like I said in the announcement thread, the testing is complete. The pack is available for solo play.

I’m setting up a server to open on Friday. I’ll post that separately.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what HEEM fixes, the End is hella boring, it adds new big islands far out to find, dungeons, quest-like things, etc… It’s quite fun and make the End worth being in. It has a way to respawn the dragon as well (configurable of course). HEEM is safe to add in post-world start as well, as long as End isn’t generated yet.

1 Like

Interesting. I generally avoid extra dimensions. It took some persuasion to add Twilight Forest again. I just have to pregen and world border these extra dimensions to protect server TPS.

Maybe next time. ;]

2 Likes

Last time we had TF, we ended up with a transportation hub in the middle of the dimension where everyone made portals home. Defeated having roads entirely. The mob clear cronjob would also nuke all the TF bosses midfight, so it was a letdown.

Now it should be fun. Only having an admin portal at the spawn base means it can’t be used for transport. Though it is supposed to have mineral wealth, there’s monsters guarding it. You can’t plant crops there so it’s not a good place for a base. All the monsters will now live until you kill them, so the dungeon aspect should remain.

I can’t wait to take my shotgun and steel armor and go rampaging through one of the castles.

2 Likes

TF is fun, but I honestly don’t think it fits more of a traditional MC GT6 style. Personally I’d opt for no TF (but add HEEM regardless), but then I’m rarely one that ever spends much time in TF to begin with after a few raids of easy resources, lol.

1 Like

So bear989 has a quest book that gets updated with every update of gt6. And the only thing thats in the questbook is gt6 stuff. I was wondering if you would be willing to add it to your back. If you are willing to then i wouldnt mind making custom quests for other mods in your pack.

2 Likes

A questbook would be very useful to help guide people in GT6 so they aren’t too overwhelmed by zombie death. I think bear’s gives a cookie for each reward (it’s intended as just a guide, not to ‘get’ stuff), but maybe changing that to a random food item for each could be very valuable on a server that has a 50 food history and thus encourage people to tech through to get some unique foods, lol.

1 Like

Is the code for this published somewhere? I’d like to see an example of how it looks.

I hadn’t considered one, as this is a hardcore pack. However it wouldn’t be out of place. That may be useful.

OTOH, because it is GT6, none of those core mechanics have changed.

2 Likes

Questbook is just a standard open source mod, the file that defines the tasks is easy, can edit it both as a file or in-game via an edit gui, it’s really easy to edit/new/del tasks. The hard part is coming up with what to do for tasks, and bear’s is already fairly well fleshed out and updates fairly routinely. I’d bet bear wouldn’t have issues with using it, let’s ask…

1 Like

Sounds like a solid addition, especially providing direction.

I’d just feel bad for anyone that doesn’t know GT getting into this mod. ;]

2 Likes

I… may be convincing a few people in some other discord servers to give it a try because they like hard packs but haven’t played GT6 yet, lol. They’ll probably do SP rather than MP but you might get another person or two on the server. ^.^

2 Likes

Newbies are welcome on the server. There’s a huge world with room for all.

My rules are pretty straightforward too.

Or for the first time, they can try my hardcore stuff in SP.

Their choice.

2 Likes

I never played throw gregtech 6 so this will be my first time

3 Likes

In the past, our gaming group has had some new players just permanently live at the spawn base. They work with others to advance in a team effort. Myself and others tend to go solo, because we want to defeat the tech tree ourselves.

2 Likes