Creating an auto-crucible with gregtech stuff

I’ve been taking a look at this thread, trying to replicate it since I am currently trying to make a ton of ultimet, but I keep running into the problem of my crucible being jammed to the max, even though I have my hoppers set to only emit stacksize 1,1,2,5 respectfully to the ratio of the recipe. Does anyone have an auto setup I could take a look at? Or some words of advice, monke brain has been at it longer than it should.

2 Likes

Don’t rely on Hoppers for this one, because the Crucible instantly converts everything inside of itself to something that is not an ItemStack anymore.

I would recommend using Redstone (at the Hopper) and a Button or Weight-O-Meter to only insert when the Crucible is ready for new content.

1 Like

I had originally tried to use a central pipe, shutter covers, a redstone controller, and then the hoppers connected to the shutters with a weight-o-meter setting off a signal when the crucible is empty, I think the problem I ran into is that the redstone signal is not quick enough, and it gobbles up too much because of a slowness or something I don’t know.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Sounds right.

Did you set single items in the hoppers, and ensure that the mass storage wasn’t set to push into the hopper?

3 Likes

I think it’s a really creative solution to use a single pipe and transmit redstone through it’s faces. I hope you get it working.

3 Likes

By single pipe, do you mean a smaller one?

2 Likes

Replace the Central Pipe with a 5 Slot Hopper, that will fix a lot.

3 Likes

No, the huge pipe was fine. I just thought it was neat because it replaced tons of other redstone cabling. That’s cool if you get it working!

2 Likes

I’d made a redstone hopper based smelter before, and it felt… really clunky.

That’s why I always do a Railcraft based one. I’ve found nothing more elegant.

3 Likes

Finally figure it out, turns out just plain old droppers works. I’m on a new world making steel, but if you load up droppers and hook it up to a thermometer sensor, you can have it auto reloa. For this setup, I’ve got 10 droppers with Hematite dust, and 2 for Calcite and 2 for Coal Coke (Carbon). When I get to auto-igniter tech, this could be fully automatic.

4 Likes

So simple and yet so reliable looking, lol.

2 Likes

Hasn’t failed me yet!

2 Likes