Compat for WarpDrive and OpenComputers?

I know it is a wee bit late, but could ANYONE try to test this with a functioning ship? GT6 Pipes and Machines should be able to rotate with the Ship now. This might not include Covers YET, unless I did it in the meantime.

3 Likes

Tested. Machines, Pipes and Wires rotate. Covers do not rotate.

1 Like

And they rotate the right way? So my guess of ā€œits clockwise probablyā€ worked? (because of me doing that guess, I didnt want to do covers yet, but I guess I can do that now)

1 Like

Yes, they rotate in the correct way. Tested on all variants of ship rotation (left, right, back).

3 Likes

I did the Covers too now, so if you wanna test that too (Indev), that would be nice. ^^

The Rotation Mechanism works by taking whatever the previous Rotation is and rotating it by 90Ā°, 180Ā° or 270Ā° so it may need a LOT of testing for all the BEFORE&AFTER casesā€¦

putting 4 differently colored covers on one thing and then rotating it 90Ā° then rotating it again but 180Ā° and then rotating it again but 270Ā° should do the trick, note that this does NOT mean ā€œrotate it towards North/South/East/Westā€ because you can pull that off with three successive 90Ā° rotations.

3 Likes

I installed 4 different Covers on one block and tested all the rotation options.

When the ship turns 90 to the left, the Covers turn 90 to the right and are rotated 180 in relation to the ship. When the ship turns 90 to the right, the Covers turn 90 to the left and are rotated 180 in relation to the ship. When the ship turns 180 the covers turn as they should.

I also found a new problem - GT6 Fire Bricks become invisible after jumping. If it had Covers on it, then they also become invisible. When I try to go through it, instead of stopping, it shakes forward/backward. I canā€™t put things in this place, but I can put things through this. Fire Bricks return to normal after a map reload or if you move too far and come back.

2 Likes

Wait ONLY Covers do that?!

You wrote it ambiguously, you cant have a 90 turn and a 180 turn right after a left turn, did you mix up sentences or grammar or something?

Did you read my Code and just guessed what it did? because you clearly seem to see my array element swap Function in the Code and are wondering what the fuck it does.

I need to know what it does IN WORLD not what my own Code does. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for the whole Brick Issue, that is a really annoying one, and im not sure if I am able to fix that, but I might, maybe, unsure.

2 Likes

Maybe Google Translate didnā€™t translate well, or I didnā€™t phrase it well. I didnā€™t write that Covers turns twice in a row. The rotation of the Cover by 180 relative to the ship is the result of the rotation of the Cover and the ship by 90 in different directions.

Of the things Iā€™ve tested, only Covers have rotation issues.

2 Likes

Weird, so left turns and right turns are flipped but ONLY for covers? not L Pipes or so?

Edit: The Indev Build is ready again with a fix.

2 Likes

I did not notice any problems in the rotation of the pipes.

Covers now always rotate in the correct direction. However, I added a few more item types to the ship and found that the GT6 Anvils also had left and right rotations mixed up.

2 Likes

Uh, they use the same facing stuff the other stuff uses, so uhhh I am not surewhat would be wrong with those specifically. Do Basic Machines like a Shredder or so have the same Issue?

It MIGHT be that my Anvils themselves are messed up XD

2 Likes

No, Shredder rotates as it should.

2 Likes

Okay apart from the Anvil, which is way too convoluted to fix now, everything works just fine, meaning I should be able to mark this as solved for now, unless there are more objections. ^^

3 Likes

Rods in Nuclear Reactor Core donā€™t rotate at all. Although the liquid outlets on the Core seem to rotate as they should. I did not build a working reactor and I do not know how it will behave after the jump.

2 Likes

Oh crap that MIGHT be an Issue for me to fix in the next release, but if you use 1x1 reactors or make sure to have an easy pattern this might not be an issue.

2 Likes

Again about reactors. Nuclear Reactor Core 2x2 have a feature that allows you to control the rods individually using Covers. This feature does not respond to the rotation of the ship. Robot Arm has the same problem when interacting with these reactors.

The bottles in Bottlecrate do not rotate with the ship. The Bottlecrate itself rotates with the ship.

Is there any plan to do something about the problem of connecting GT6 electrical wires to blocks from IC2 and other mods, which I wrote about earlier in this thread?

2 Likes
  1. Oh shit the Reactor Core thing will be a wee bit too complicated to get to workā€¦ I think I will not fix the 2x2 Reactor for Warp Drive.

2. LOL the Bottle Crate rotating is a hilarious Side Effect, I might fix that eventually.

3. The Cables thing already got fixed for IC2 Machines, you never said anything about other Mods Machines, are there Issues too? If so which Blocks from which Mod?

2 Likes

In the latest release of GT6, I still cannot connect GT6 electrical wires to IC2 Classic and IC2 Experimental blocks with wire cutters. Maybe some other mod is needed for this? And I wrote earlier about Ship Core from WarpDrive and Power Converter from OpenComputers (requires IC2), which can draw power from GT6 wires, but cannot be connected in the usual way with wire cutters.

2 Likes

Oh for fucks sake, I had a line with ā€œX && Y || Zā€ where i needed a ā€œX && (Y || Z)ā€, and the ā€œZā€ crashed before the IC2 check was reachedā€¦

3 Likes

There is a problem when transferring power from GT6 to OpenComputers. Machines in OC have limits on the rate at which they receive power from other mods. For some reason GT6 canā€™t work properly with this limit.

If IC2 Classic is installed and CoFHLib is not installed, the OC Machines cannot receive power from GT6 Batteries if their power exceeds the limit. Because of this, it is difficult to directly power Computer Cases, which have a very small limit. This problem does not appear if IC2 Batteries are used.

With CoFHLib installed, Computer Cases can draw power from the powerful GT6 Batteries, but there is a lot of power wasted when charging the Cases internal batteries. I donā€™t know how electricity works in Minecraft, but apparently when Case gets an energy pack, it takes as much from that pack as the limit allows and discards the rest. This problem does not appear if IC2 Batteries are used.

These problems can be circumvented by increasing these limits. This can be done in OpenComputers.cfg, the required section starts on line 1345.

2 Likes