Compat for WarpDrive and OpenComputers?

I tried Warpdrive and Opencomputers in creative and met the following problems:

1. If the ship makes a turn while jumping, the GT6 Wires and GT6 Battery Boxes take the correct position on the ship, but do not rotate with the ship and keep their direction relative to the world.
  2. GT6 electric wires do not want to connect with blocks from other mods. You have to first put the wires and pull them using Wire Cutter and only then put the block next to the wire.
  3. Energy transmission from GT6 to Opencomputers only works through the Power Converter from the Opencomputers and only if the Industrial Craft is installed. Is it possible to connect the GT6 wires directly to the computer, like wires from IC?

@Gregorius Do you still need help with Warpdrive?

3 Likes

Wait it DOES work with Open Computers?! I heard the opposite for the 1.7.10 version lol.

1. I do not think rotation can be done properly, because even if i implemented the rotation function wrongly, the Battery Boxes would be rotated upwards or downwards instead of sideways.

2. GT6 Electric Wires only connect to things that they can actually supply Power to, so whatever you want to connect it to is not a valid target whatsoever. If it is actually working despite that, please tell me which Mod Blocks are affected by that.

3. Oh I guess I need to do something for that Open Computers thing, forgot it requires the IC2 API to be installed…

4. Technically I do still kinda need help, but I got way too distracted with Dwarf Fortress the last 4 months…

3 Likes

I managed to build a platform with WarpDrive and teleport it to a distance of several dozen blocks using OpenComputers. I don’t have much experience with OpenComputers and I’m not sure if I installed the ship control program correctly, but it works.

1. From your answer, I understood that the problem is difficult to solve, but I didn’t quite understand the rest of it. Perhaps I did not quite clearly describe the problem, just in case I will try to formulate it differently and with additional information. The ship can rotate around a vertical axis. For example, if a ship is commanded to turn 90 degrees to the left, all the blocks that make up the ship (including blocks from OC and MFSU from IC Classic) move and turn 90 degrees to the left. Blocks from GT6 (including chests and anvils) move but don’t rotate at all.

2. Ship Core from WarpDrive, Power Converter from OpenComputers, MFSU from Industrial Craft Classic. When I place GT6 Wires aiming at these blocks, the wires don’t connect to them. I also can’t connect them using Wire Cutter. The method described in my previous post allows the transfer of power from the wires to these blocks (Power Converter requires Industrial Craft).

Here are additions to the instruction, the link to which you published in this thread:

1. You need to put the Ship Controller next to the Ship Core. The location of the Ship Controller determines the front of the ship.
  2. The computer must consist of at least Tier 2 parts (some Tier 1 parts are not suitable for the ship control program)
  3. The Ship Core does not exchange power with the computer. Both need to be powered.
  4. Start the computer using the OpenOS floppy and type “install”. The computer will offer two options: OpenOS and Warpdrive. Install OpenOS and reboot. The disc can now be ejected. Type “install” again and install Warpdrive.
3 Likes

Oh damn i re-checked my Code and I think I might completely ignore Forge Rotations, I need to fix that… The Forge Rotation System does a “rotate 90° around axis” system instead of a “please face this direction” system, which overall is still the better option but it makes it confusing to implement for people that dont know which directions to expect… which is why I didnt do it yet.

And you are saying my Wires do NOT connect yet if you fudge the connections it ACTUALLY MOVES POWER?! That would be a bug if that really was the case.

2 Likes

Sorry, my English is not good enough to understand your question. I will try to describe again. If I put any of the listed blocks, for example MFSU, and put a GT6 Electric Wire next to it, I cannot connect them using Wire Cutter, they do not visually contact, there is no power transfer. If I first place the GT6 Electric Wire, click on it with the Wire Cutter to stretch it, and then place the MFSU so that the wire visually connects to the input of the MFSU and if the wire is connected to a power source, then the MFSU starts charging.

3 Likes

Yep that is the Bug I described, if something cannot interact with my Cables it shouldn’t be able to power through that Cable either.

2 Likes

There is a problem of interaction between WarpDrive and OpenComputers. This is not related to GT6, I’m writing it here in case anyone is interested.
After the jump, the active OC Screens on the ship freeze, while the computers continue to work. To solve the problem, you need to break and reinstall Screen or restart the computer associated with this Screen. The computer that controls the Ship Core restarts automatically a few seconds after the jump.
This is a known issue, mentioned on the OpenComputers github. If I understand correctly, this is a problem with the Eris library that OpenComputers uses.

2 Likes