Any plan new burning box?

I think Burning Box is producing HU by burning fuel + air. Then, is there any plan to add a burning box that uses oxygen to produce HU instead of air by replacing air with oxygen? I think if we burn pure oxygen, we can reduce the waste of energy from heating nitrogen and make it more efficient

3 Likes

See also: Late game usage of burning boxes

2 Likes

There is Fluidized Bed Burning Boxes that do something like that, and I cant just buff Fuels even more by doing an Oxygen Burning Box.

1 Like

I think it’s justified if crafting and operating the machine has enough complexity. Currently Fluidized Bed is similar to other ones in terms of material cost and crafting difficulty, with the main disadvantage being constant Calcite supply, which requires Smelter, which requires Tungsten. Unless you crucible-smelt Limestone Blocks and manually and repeatedly jug out the Molten Calcite into a Drum, like what I did. And have to do it quickly or you melt your precious Crucible, since Limestone has a low density.

2 Likes

Also, Fuel setups are already debuffed by requiring Boilers and Turbines, compared to Engines, etc. Especially the cost of Boilers (which don’t reach a higher material tier than Tungsten) provide a significant disincentive to using Fuel setups. Except for where HU is directly needed, that is.

2 Likes

But the Issue then is not the Fuel Value, which is already astronomically high, it is the conversion ratio doing a psychological trick on you. Yes you CAN waste Energy just fine by converting it to and then from Electric, but if it makes your Setups much more convenient, you might even save on Fuel!

2 Likes