Mechaenetia is finally starting and mostly set up!

Well I plan to make it run on a Raspberry Pi 3/4 so I will probably not use Latest Graphics API Functions for basic low Settings Rendering.

4 Likes

Oh hey Greg, an example program of Amethyst actually built and worked on my Mac. Yay!

4 Likes

Ooh awesome, maybe hope for Apple Support is not as lost as I thought! But try 3D first just to be sure. ^^

4 Likes

Amethyst uses rendy for the rendering interface, which is built on gfx-hal (a very very low level rendering API), which in turn can use vulkan, metal (basically Mac’s weird version of vulkan lacking some features), DX12, and with an OGL fallback. So yes, it can be built and run natively on mac’s, though because of the way the mac ecosystem is broken to hell that has to be done ‘on’ a mac, which none of us have. ^.^;

Well the RPi4b supports modern vulkan, previous ones use OGL2. ^.^

Yep, it uses metal.

4 Likes

Yep 3D works too \o/

Yeah, distributing pre-built binaries would be problematic, but at least Mac users would be able to build the game from source. Mac has several package managers such as Homebrew and pkgsrc so even non-programmers without any knowledge about Rust wouldn’t have too much trouble building the game. That’s not bad at all!

5 Likes

Hi! It sounds cool.
I believe that GregTech won’t die because of this :frowning:

3 Likes

Is that a good thing or a bad thing that GT wont die? Your frown doesn’t make it obvious. XD

3 Likes

Hah, sorry. It’s because of my English :slight_smile:

I tried to say that i like GregTech and i want to see updates and etc.
If you going to start other project - you can abandon this awesome mod.

3 Likes

I wish we had two Gregs in this world. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Me too, but both of us wouldn’t wanna work on GT6 anymore. XD

6 Likes

So you decided to finish some necessary updates for GregTech and after that complete all development progress with it, am i right?

3 Likes

Yes, I essentially only need to add one or two things to GT6 and then I am done. Afterwards I’m gonna go through creating a proper Dev Environment with @OvermindDL1 ^^

8 Likes

I am looking forward to this, but what will happen to GregTech, will someone come to take over? (At least I will continue to play GregTech until you finish your game)

6 Likes

Have you looked at the GT6 Project on GitHub? Like the recent Pull Requests? Pretty much that happens to GT6. :wink:

Meanwhile I play more Factorio than doing anything useful, damnit. XD

7 Likes

I just want to know when to release the first version…

4 Likes

Of what specifically? The Topic derailed to GT6 somehow. XD

4 Likes

You can split the topic. ^.^

3 Likes

There is (or will be) a trailer of Mechaenetia? Or can you give us more details?

3 Likes

I’m likely not going to do the “traditional” route of Game Dev. I will just do it as a fun project. ^^

Meanwhile I got into the habit of making tons of Factorio Blueprints for Base Design. So still addicted to that Game since a month. XD

4 Likes

When will the development go at full speed? I already began to study Rust, when will we buy up the shares of Google? :slight_smile:

4 Likes