You can put air into a mixing bowl

Steps to reproduce:

1. Attach an air vent to a Drum.
  2. Use a wrench to set the Drum to fill vertically adjacent tanks.
  3. Put the Drum on top of a Mixing Bowl.
  4. Profit?

I haven’t tested this with any other forms of air (e.g. nether air, ender air, etc), or any other gases for that matter but they may work as well.

2 Likes

But what’s the exploit here though?
The only things you can make are Sulfur Trioxide and Hydrochloric Acid. At this stage of the game, i bet users would want to use a Mixer to make those things anyways.

Edit: And many other gasses, the mixing bowl is unsuitable as they are lighter than air and will simply escape.

3 Likes

There is no exploit as far as I know. It’s just something unusual I found while experimenting that I figured probably wasn’t intended to be possible.

Yeah, it occurred to me after I posted that the reason it might have allowed air into the mixing bowl was because it “typically moves down” as the tooltip for that fluid puts it, but I tried it with another heavier-than-air gas I had lying around (Fluorine) and it doesn’t go in.

2 Likes

It goes down and it is a simple Fluid, so yeah, that is allowed. I will turn the < check around and make a !> check out of it. Yes I know that would be a <= check, but a Utility Function is used, so there is a level of abstraction.

2 Likes

It seems to have no practical use, because it seems that all mixing recipes involving air require at least two fluids.

3 Likes

Since it was mentioned, I figured I’d ask: I’ve seen the term “Simple Fluid” in various tooltips but I’m not entirely clear on what it implies. If something is a “Simple Fluid”, does that just mean you can put it in low-level containers like the Mixing Bowl, Bathing Pot, Wooden Pipes and Wooden Barrels? Are there any other implications?

2 Likes

Yeah it is for low level earlygame Containers, specifically Containers made of Wood in most cases.

2 Likes