Wrong aspect in Charcoal Pellet (nugget)

Charcoal Pellet (nugget) has Metallum aspect from Thaumcraft, making it extremely abuseble, i don’t think that it was meant to have Metallum in it.

3 Likes

Same goes to other coal pellets, also wood pellet have Potentia in it, seems little wrong too.
After some browsing i found even more problematic nuggets: butter, salter butter, chocolate, (raw,cooked,rotten) fishmeal, (raw,cooked,rotten) meat, rubber chip, plant wax, plastic,
(bees,refractory,soulful,magic,paraffin and regular) wax, bituminous and regular peat, emerald green, cheese, maybe even something more, you know it better than me. I think the problem is in the nugget class in general.

3 Likes

Yes that is correct, Nuggets and Ingots are rather problematic in general, but you know what is worse? It is already exploitable in vanilla Thaumcraft, since you can turn Ingots into Nuggets and all of a sudden have 2¼ times as much Metallum as before.

I might fix that in some way, but don’t bank on that.

4 Likes

I agree that it’s exploitable in some way, but not as bad as turning cheese into metal ingots :laughing:

5 Likes

I stumbled upon this problem too: since apparently there really isn’t a way to minetweak aspects for lists of items en masse, it’s a bit of a pain. Your best bet is to gate thaumcraft reprocessing behind some solid GT progression, like HV. By that time, you can go nuts and treat it as a resource printer if you’re so inclined.
Or you can slap a bandaid on it and edit TC recipes to make it so that they require another non-easily exploitable ingredient aspect alongside metallum. Having them require magneto is a decent choice. gula or desidia work too, if you have forbidden magic.

5 Likes