World freezes during world exploration (Chunks stops generating)

While playing in world, sometimes world freezes, like Im having big ping, mobs stops moving or take damage, block doesn’t drop anything and new chunks not loading, and this keeps in this state until I reload world with optifine chunk loading type : Smooth or Multi-Core, but even with thoose setting this problems sometimes appears again, this very annoying while Im exploring world, in logs I don’t found anything about it, my pc is not too weak(I5 9400f 16gb ram, gt 1030, i think its enough for 1.7.10) also allocated memory for game is 7gb, help me please I have no Idea how to fix this

1 Like

Are you traveling over the Ocean or so? Sometimes Ocean Blocks will flood underwater Caves which can lag as described. There is a Config that prevents Ocean Blocks from spreading to Air (“OceanBlocksSpreadToAir”) which you should set to false, and then see if that Works. ^^

1 Like

Well… I set this in config file, but nothing changed, also this happens everywhere in minecraft world : ( and I noticed that this happens absolutely by accident, but provided that a previously unloaded chunk is loaded, except for the GregTech mod itself, I had a Twilight Forest mod, after deleting it, the bug began to appear less often, but just a little bit, after a thorough inspection of the logs, I saw that when loading with Twilight Forest, there is a conflict with ID of biomes, I went into the configs, deleted twilight forest and biomeso plenty, and changed all the biome IDs of the mods so that there would be no conflicts, but the bug still appears as if I didn’t do anything

1 Like

Waiiiit did removing Twilight Forest SOMEHOW fix it?! When you went exploring was it in Twilight Forest? If so I know exactly what the Bug might be.

Go into your Save File, and look ad the dim7 folder, the one containing Twilight Forests Region and other Files. Are they absolutely HUGE for no reason?

Specifically the “/saves/yoursavefile/DIM7/data/TFFeature.dat” should never be in megabyte territory, if it is in the dozens of megabytes THAT is your Lag Source! Luckily it can be safely deleted as it regenerates just fine. I have not encountered any issues after deleting it early on during my own Twilight Forest Save, which I later finished the TF Progression on entirely without any related bugs popping up.

Okay, thank you! I’ll test it, and if find out something new, I write it there

1 Like

I checked it, it’s not big at all, about 0,1 kilobyte, as other dimensions from galacticraft or any other mods… I create new world and start to runnning around to see what will happen, I found flying island from tinkers construct and my world start lagging and froze, only suspicious by weight files I found is AE2 folder that 2 megabytes, and region foxler, that was 27 megabytes, Im starting to think its something with my pc, because until this moment I didn’t found anyone who had bug on 1 7 10 similar to mine

This is how it looks like, sand doesn’t falling, and chunks does not loading

And some log’s part I found strange

[01:03:42] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 212 ms
[01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: BuildCraft|Energy:blockOil
[01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: chisel:iron_bars
[01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: Techguns:concrete
[01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: Techguns:concrete
[01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: Techguns:container
[01:03:45] [Thread-36/ERROR]: Проверка обновлений для Galacticraft провалилась! Следующая попытка произойдёт через 15 секунд.
[01:03:49] [Thread-40/ERROR]: Проверка обновлений для Galacticraft провалилась! Следующая попытка произойдёт через 15 секунд.(Translate : The update check for Galacticraft failed! The next attempt will take place in 15 seconds.)
[01:04:05] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 166 ms
[01:04:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: chisel:limestone_stairs.0
[01:04:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [xaero.common.minimap.write.MinimapWriter:loadBlockColourFromTexture:1439]: Block file not found: chisel:limestone_stairs.3
[01:04:48] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 106 ms
[01:04:56] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 124 ms

1 Like

Oh wait nevermind, that is just “regular” Worldgen Lag, and sometimes the game will just refuse to acknowledge that your player character has moved to the border of loaded Chunks, which can only be fixed by exiting the game and re-entering it, sometimes requiring Task Manager to kill Minecraft if you cant exit.

Did you use the Default Config Pack linked on the Download Page? It disables superfluous Worldgen that does not actually do anything (except Lag and then get deleted anyways, like Ores for example).

It worked! Thank you very much! Installing config and mods on optimization helped, now Its not appears anymore)

1 Like