What's wrong with the name?

I found that in the game, the coconut sapling are still displayed as “unknown sapling”, while the blue and green schist rocks are displayed as blue / Green shits. Is this my problem with localization file or what’s going on?

2 Likes

Unknown Sapling is your locale being outdated.

Green and Blue Shits are the April Fools Locale.

1 Like

How long is the April Fools joke defined? The names are still different in me too

2 Likes

3rd of April, inclusive. I might reduce it to 2nd of April next time.

2 Likes

I’m just happy i haven’t restarted the game since a week ago…
If this april fools thing takes up 3 full days then that’s really ass if you ask me.

2 Likes

Uh what is wrong with it? It is just a few more or less funny Names, and Spikes looking like LEGO Bricks. Nothing intrusive.

1 Like

Aside from breaking everything one does that is based on naming?
Such as LOOKING for something in NEI? Or finding it in a chest?

Last time this happened i set my computer’s date to not april 1st just to avoid it… Since seemingly (IIRC) there’s no config for it.

It ruins easter really, a holiday i am looking forward to because i don’t work on easter. I don’t want to mess around with fixing something someone else finds funny.
In fact, i think Aprils fools is a stupid idea altogether. It’s not funny and it leads to anger and extra work.

2 Likes

Uhh Easter doesn’t include the 3rd of April, this year, it starts at the 4th?

1 Like

2nd of April to 4th where i live.
And regardless, i do occasionally play on weekdays too.
Imagine if i start the game and then spend quarter an hour looking for something only to realize it’s april’s fools.
Then i get mad and want a config to turn it off permanently… Only for there to be no such config.
So now i’ve wasted half an hour trying to fix stupid. Out of the one hour i have to play.

Yep, it would ruin my experience entirely.

So as i said, i am happy i haven’t restarted the game in a week because it would have been infuriating to have to change my date and restart the game just because someone finds Aprils fools to be cute.

2 Likes

The Game literally tells you “watch your calendar” when you start it up. Especially since I know of other Mods also doing April Fools.

1 Like

Yep and the first time it happened, i didn’t actually expect it to rename everything.
And it did take me more time than i wanted (which is zero milliseconds) to find and even more time (anything beyond a millisecond) to finally fix it by changing dates… After having looked for a config to DELETE “fun” from the mod.

Also, i don’t really remember “look at your calendar” having ever cropped up for me?
Is it displayed during loading or something? Because i start the game and watch YT while i wait for things to load. Then i load the world (again, watching YT while that’s going on) and once loaded i start walking and playing as usual.

2 Likes

Chat Message when you load into the World, and if you use the Default Config Pack, it should not be too spammed with random Mods doing Update Checks.

1 Like

Yep, so i never saw the message because it fades away while i am watching YT after the load is done.

2 Likes

I think there is no need to drop it. We need a laugh… :slight_smile:

2 Likes