What mods work best with GT6 and how?

I would love for this thread to be a great list of what mods work best with GT6 and why. This should become a definitive thread of what mods people would want to look at to add to GT6!

3 Likes

To start with, NotEnoughItems and its dependencies of CodeChickenCore and CodeChickenLib.

Reason being, well, its a recipe manager and lookup mod that GT6 binds with, itā€™s basically a must-get.

There are a few forks of it as well, people should feel free to edit this post to add them to it and what they add or why people would want them, this post is a wiki post so it is editable by people of normal member status and higher. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll start the list of NEIā€™s:

4 Likes

GTNHā€™s team reload Jei to 1.7.10, which may be better

itsā€˜s actually not Jei , just add some jei stuff to nei
btw link here GitHub - GTNewHorizons/NotEnoughItems

5 Likes

I want to say ic2 or ic2 classic. The only downside is that most of the machines from ic2 arenā€™t needed as gregtech6 already has itā€™s own better balanced alternetives. But i use ic2 for quantum armour, crops and the other nifty gadgets.

2 Likes

I have some more q.o.l. mods in mind that compliment the G-R-E-G-T-E-C-H experience but do not add any items or blocks:

Summary

Journeymap to put down waypoints and have a world map drawn for you as you explore.
Waila and Waila Harvestability to get a little info about the block or machine you are looking at.
Prosperctors Journal writes down any ore bearing rocks you find in a digital journal so you can come back to mine the ores later.
GT6 NEI Ore Plugin adds tabs to NEI which display info about ore veins that gregtech 6 generates.
FastCraft improves MC performance.
Fullscreen Windowed makes playing 1.7.10 in fullscreen enjoyable.
Not Enough Items more like too many items o_o

There are probably more miscellaneous mods that can be added in your GT6 pack but these are the ones i use.

2 Likes

the heck is fullscreen windowed?? and why would a linux user like me need that?

3 Likes

The mod just fixes 1.7.10 fullscreen issues like alt tab resetting it back to windowed ect.

3 Likes

I use it, does what it says on the box, works for multiscreen setups because minecraft doesnā€™t play well when you set your default to the middle screen, the mouse goes wonky.

3 Likes

Yea i was so confused why my mouse sensitivity was jumping up and down like crazy, i slowly found out that it is a mc bug which goes away in fullscreenā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m slowly working on a modpack to enhance the vanilla gt6 experience. Adding no new content instead adding q.o.l. mods, info related, even matmos, better rain, better clouds ect.

3 Likes

might be an idea to provide download links to each individual mod , so dont just make a zip file :wink:

3 Likes

If you havenā€™t already I recommend adding
Aquatweaks - fixes some visual glitches when putting posts in water etc.
BetterFoliage
BetterPlacement
Ding - not required but gives a ding when your game loads.
HelpFixer - some mods break help
DynamicSurroundings - just try it
SoundFilters - just try it

and for some alternative play-styles:
Hardcore Darkness - dark nights means lights and shelter become more necessary.
Chronos - set time to 0.1 for much longer days.
ItemPhysicsFull - with the click to pick up enabled means you donā€™t auto pick up everything around you all the time.
Multimine - though a little buggy if you click and drag onto another rock it gives you the ability to consider your actions.

If you need any or want my configs let me know.

3 Likes

Are you referring to my pack or the mod list I posted?

3 Likes

Yeah those are good mods. I am familiar with most of them. Multi mine is a great concept but like you said its buggy and sometimes I wish it was still updated on 1.7.10.

3 Likes

Just the List of great Mods. :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m curious as well; isnā€™t the game ā€œalreadyā€ fullscreen windowed when fullscreened (at least on linux)?

Doesnā€™t do that for me?

Yep! ^.^

3 Likes

I am suprised nobody has mentioned Gregtech Weapon Works. Having so useful, expensive and powerful tech and equipment gives point and incentive to your first machines and industry.

2 Likes