Water height wrong?

I saw this in the change log:

[FIXED] Rivers, Oceans and Swamps generated partially at XZ 0,0 to XZ 15,15 because I forgot an Offset. This also caused the first layer of those Waters to be at the wrong height.

And now that I’m on a big walkabout generating new terrain, I see things like this:

3 Likes

Did you change the River Water Height in the Config? If so, dont.

1 Like

Not that I know of. I am probably still using a bunch of configs from Bear’s GT6 pack from like… 2 years ago though? Never seen anything like this before.

2 Likes

So the topmost Water Layer gets turned to Air sometimes. Ugh, that’s gonna be fun to debug because it doesn’t happen for me, or at least didnt for my tests. Does this happen in Oceans as well now?

1 Like

I don’t know since I generally avoid exploring oceans since you made the insta spread death kill thing with the ocean water. Will this help you debug it?

2 Likes

Also I am pretty sure that where this is happening is not the edge where one chunk was generated before, and one is newly generated. I’m pretty sure this whole area is all new.

2 Likes

Oh for fucks sake, I know what happened, my “Anti-Placeable-Riverwater” Functionality fucked me over with this…

1 Like

Yea, I turned on the WAILA liquid visibility and it is always the river water that is 1 block lower than the normal water.

3 Likes

By the way, I was wondering about relocating a river. River water will spread into adjacent or lower air blocks as long as they are still in a river biome right? So you can lower a river, but can never raise it?

2 Likes

Yes the Water cannot go upwards, but it will turn regular Water into Riverwater closeby, if it is considered the right Height and Location for a River.

Relocating a River is not fully doable though, due to limitations.

1 Like

You can’t relocate it outside of the river biome, but you can move it lower down by digging out from under it right? Just can’t make it climb up? Even if you put normal water on top of it?

2 Likes

It will never go upwards, and I am pretty sure it even has a Limit for downwards, depending on which dimension it is in.

1 Like