Trouble with getting steam turbines to properly power my Centrifuge

I’ve been having trouble with getting my centrifuge to work properly. I’m using bronze everything, two steam turbines going and I got them hooked up to a gearbox, and can see that the gearbox is turning properly, double checked with a magnifying glass. I want to put the centrifuge in the middle, and I haven’t had much luck. I got a RU sensor to see what’s up, which is my setup in the screenshots. I know I’m missing something simple but I can’t work it out. What am I missing? I’m a new user so unfortunately you only get one screenshot of my setup. The axle in the middle is where I want the centrifuge to go, I got my RU sensor on top to see if it read anything.

2 Likes

I got a new screenshot of the whole setup, a little cleaned up.

2 Likes

Looks like 2 “packets” of 15 RU/t, but you need 1+ “packet” of 16 RU/t to run the Centrifuge.

I would recommend using Steel Stuff instead of Bronze for this particular Task. Material and Tier are not really the same thing in GT6, you can mix and match them as long as the ranges in the Tooltips are overlapping/touching.

Now that I look at it, maybe you just need better Boilers and Burning Boxes, there is a conversion loss between Steam and the Turbines of 1/3rd, and it might be rounding away one Energy Unit per Tick somewhere.

Aaaaand now I remember, your Boilers might have calcified because you do not use Distilled Water, right? That will cause Energy Loss at the Heat->Steam Conversion, knocking off the balance of your otherwise obviously correctly calculated Setup.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Greg! That makes sense now that it’s explained, I knew I was missing something. I’ll figure out how to make steel (Don’t tell me, I like figuring out your mod on my own unless I’m stumped) and get back to this post if I have any luck. You’re right on your call of normal water. One day I will have distilled water and will take over the world, but until then, I’ll be tinkering away.

2 Likes

NEI should tell you the most important parts of making Steel in the more recent Versions.

And for Distilled Water you just need a Dryer and a Burning Box, it is that easy. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you Greg! We are now running with steel and a functioning centrifuge! I appreciate it.

2 Likes