Treecapitator and tools

How disable special abilities of tools (like auto-harvesting or full height chopping logs)? i tried add treecapitator, but chopping of all trees… very slow, also i just want disable autoharvesting from some tools cause i want, but i didn’t find this in configs

3 Likes

What was the Mod ID of Tree Capitator again? Then I could Auto-Detect it if needed.

Edit: Also if you Sneak you wont use the GT6 Way of harvesting Trees.

2 Likes

sorry, i don’t understand, i just add this in config/treecapitator.cfg:
gregtech {
M:modID=gregtech
S:axeIDList=gregtech:gt.metatool.01
S:shearsIDList=gregtech:gt.metatool.01

# 

This setting controls whether or not the mod config section it appears in will override an IMC message sent by that mod. [default: false]
B:overrideIMC=false
}
this works, but very, very slow. I also increased break speed modifier, but this don’t works
Edit: Sneak also disables Treecapitator too.

3 Likes

Oh right Treecapitator only works with Vanilla-ish Tools, that’s why I didn’t add Support for it.

2 Likes

this correctly works with gt5u, i stole config from modpack ._.
i just need possibility switch tools abilities in config. Why you did only vertical cutting for axes? Minecraft has lots of branchy woods
Edit: and i repeat. Treecapitator works but conflict with auto-chopping.

3 Likes

Wait if it does then it should already work? The only thing that was leftover from GT5 when I did GT6 was the Tools, since those already used the System I wanted them to use.

Give me the Mod ID of Treecapitator then, that way I can fix it on my end. Also would be nice if you gave me your Treecapitator Config too, so I can add it to the Default Config Pack. ^^

2 Likes

sorry, i dunno what mod id is
edit: maybe just try “treecapitator”?
edit: There isn’t gregtech:gt.block.log.1 and gregtech:gt.block.log.a in config, but GT6 trees are vertical and judging by the speed of production, they,re registring by treecapitator too, i tried now . Vanilla trees chop normal.Treecapitator.zip (5.4 KB)
Edit: Hello there… General ID

3 Likes

quick unrelated question, did it not allow you to upload a “.cfg” File or did you zip it because you were used to? (I just want to make sure the Forums work. ^^)

2 Likes

because 7zip faster, then .cfg to .txt by hands)

3 Likes

Weird, I literally just enabled posting .cfg and .log files right after I posted, yet they are not in your List somehow. I need to check if they are still in the List.

Anyways I disabled my own vertical Log Chop Check when Treecapitator is installed, that should fix Issues once the next Release is out.

2 Likes

Thanks.
Also, will you add… more modern tech, like gt5 or after last version you will share source code? I like GT6 very well, but tech ideas from gt5 and older are fine too.

3 Likes

GT6 is already on GitHub, you should check out GregTech-6 · GitHub

I’m only fixing Bugs for GT6 though, I stopped doing actual Features last month, so new Features have to come from Contributors. (Though I often also fix their Code too)

2 Likes

I.E. feel free to submit code PR’s to add features. :slight_smile:

2 Likes