The Multiblock of quadcore processor units

I really can’t figure out what multiblock structure these quadcore processor units can be used to build… They seem to be used to process data, but I can’t think of any multiblock structure that requires an extra block to process data… Generally, data processing is carried out in the main block. Maybe they can build multiblock structures like “data processing center”?
Also, I drew new textures for these quadcore processor units because I thought the original texture was ugly, but @Gregorius didn’t seem to respond…

3 Likes

Fusion Reactor, Nuclear Reactor, similar high tech things, those will need the Processors.

And I am pretty sure I at least put a like on that one artwork thing, even if I did say it doesn’t really fit the Art Style.

2 Likes

Well, when will fission and fusion reactors be added? I don’t want to be too late to add third-party authors before your new game starts… I don’t like being taken over (that’s why I don’t want to play GT5U)

2 Likes

Uh what exactly are you talking about???

1 Like

I mean, don’t wait until you start making your own game. GT6 is not finished yet, so you have to find a third-party author to take over. That’s what I don’t want to see.

2 Likes

I would still be the project leader even if that happens. And I mentioned plenty of times that I start working on the Game 2020, which is still more than 8 months in the future, which should be over 32 more versions.

Also modded Minecraft for older Versions like 1.7.10 is starting to get serious Issues, Java 8 is for example no longer available through official means for Ubuntu anymore, so 2020 is probably a good time to reduce development on MC Mods and start with the Game, or at least start making the Game Launcher and infrastructure, because I want that to be done first before I do any actual Engine things.

3 Likes

GT5u is a good version of gregtech because many players,servers and GTNH have proved its quality.Though it is unofficial.You can have a try.Many of your suggestions are added to it.:wink:
Also,modpacks which based on GTCE,like GregBlocks and Interactions are good versions,too.

2 Likes

Today, I calculated 27 quadcore processor units in the new logistics core and 2 Crystal processors needed in the mainblock (which should be like this… ) Quantity of materials needed… I don’t know how many casing I want…

Each crystal processor socket requires four ultimate circuit parts and a platinum circuit board, as well as four Helium-Neon Laser Emitters.

Each ultimate circuit needs four ultimate circuit parts and a platinum circuit board. One ultimate circuit part needs 1/9 crystalline redstone alloy, 1/8 platinum and 1/8 signalum. Four are 4/9 crystalline redstone alloy, 1/2 platinum and 1/2 pheromone. A platinum circuit board needs 1 circuit board and 1 platinum wiring, 1 platinum wiring needs 1/4 platinum, which adds up to 3/4 platinum, 1/2 signalum, 4/9 crystalline redstone alloy, 1 plastic, 1 arbitrary silicon dioxide and 1 soldering alloy.440 are 330 platinum, 220 signalum, 195.555 crystalline redstone alloy, 440 plastics, 440 arbitrary silicon dioxide and 440 soldering alloy.

In addition, 110 platinum circuit boards, 27.5 platinum, 110 plastics and 110 arbitrary silicon dioxide. add up to 357.5 platinum, 220 signalum, 195.555 Crystalline redstone alloy, 550 Plastics, 550 Arbitrary Silicon Dioxide, 550 Soldering Alloy

1 Helium-neon laser Emitter needs 1000L Helium-Neon and 1 Empty gas laser emitter, 1 Empty gas laser Emitter needs 1 to less than 2 tier of circuit (because it can use any circuit not less than 2 levels, so only calculate the bottom plate and solder), 2.111 stainless steel, 1 glass, 1 copper, 2 rubber. It is equivalent to 1 plastic, 1 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 1 Soldering alloy, 2.111 stainless steel, 1 copper, 1 glass, 2 rubber, 500 helium, 500 L neon. 440 are 440 plastics, 440 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 440 soldering alloy, 928.888 stainless steel, 440 copper, 440 glass, 880 rubber, 220 000 L helium, 220 000 L neon.

Add up to 357.5 platinum, 220 signalum, 195.555 crystalline redstone alloy, 928.888 stainless steel, 440 copper, 440 glass, 880 rubber, 990 plastics, 990 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 990 soldering alloy, 220000L helium, 220000L neon. This does not count for the consumption of circuit parts and circuit wiring of lasers, as well as the materials of crystal circuits (because they are replaceable).

A quadcore processor unit requires four crystal processors, four ultimate circuits and a galvanized steel machine casing (excluding).108 ultimate circuits are 81 platinum, 54 signalum, 48 crystalline redstone alloy, 108 plastics, 108 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 108 soldering alloy.

Add up: 438.5 platinum, 274 signalum, 243.555 crystalline redstone alloy, 928.888 stainless steel, 440 copper, 440 glass, 880 rubber, 1098 plastics, 1098 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 1098 soldering alloy, 220000L helium, 220000L neon, not counting laser emitter circuit parts and circuit wiring, crystal processor crystal circuit, and galvanized steel machine casing.This does not include the material and casing of the mainblock other than the crystal processor.It’s quite expensive…

Also, how to use the logistics core? What impact does the different core have? Its GUI should be very complex and may require a lot of functionality… Also, because of the complexity of the structure, you may need to add sketches to the GUI, and you may not be able to accurately describe the complex structure in tooltip…

4 Likes

Would you be surprised if the Logistics Core doesn’t even need a GUI? You are gonna attach things similar to Import and Export Busses to it, and also Storage Busses, and those will have the GUI.

The Logistics Core will do its work according to which ratio of CPUs are contained in it. This means Stats like Processes per Second, Throughput per Process, Internal Buffer Size and Maximum Network Range are given depending on CPU Count.

Apart from actually doing the movement of Items, it will just accept Power and when hit with the Magnifying Glass it will give out CPU Count per Category.

3 Likes

Meanwhile myself in a cave somewhere banging rocks on a rock :neutral_face:.

3 Likes

No GUI? That’s crazy. I still want to see some basic information on the screen in the middle, such as CPU parameters. This seems more reasonable, as for those specific inputs and outputs, they depend on the GUI of the bus and terminal.

3 Likes

I have read those as 928K Stainless Steel for a moment before realizing its just decimals. XD

2 Likes

Today, I calculated the number of materials needed for the complete logistics core: 522.5 platinum, 330 signalum, 293.333 crystalline redstone alloy, 928.888 stainless steel, 870 copper, 440 glass, 1198 rubber, 1210 plastics, 1210 arbitrary silicon dioxide, 1100 soldering alloy, 159 tin, 1062.5 galvanized steel, 79.5 Magnetic iron, 1311.75 steel, 220000L helium, 220000L neon, which is not Calculating the circuit parts and circuit wiring of laser emitters and crystal circuits, I think I’m dying…

In addition, I hope that the logistics core can have a GUI, from which we can see some key information (I think the words on the screen are not small enough to be clearly seen with a magnifying glass… It can be designed to look like a black screen, like the GT5 fusion reactor.

The following information can be displayed on the screen:
Structure: If the structure is incomplete, it will show “structure is incomplete!” To remind players that they are not in place, this can prevent players from not putting the core in place.
Logistics: Show whether the logistics core is connected to the logistics network
Core: Display the number of cores inside, as you can see with a magnifying glass
Maximum Scope: Allow Maximum Logistics Network Scope
Thread: Currently Occupied Thread/Maximum Thread
Caching: Currently Items/Fluid Cache Number/Total Cache Space
Throughput: Current throughput/maximum throughput

4 Likes

Structure: Nope, that’s Magnifying Glass Only and very useless Info after you have built it.
Connections: Dude the Core is literally the Core, its automatically connected due to being the Core.
Core Count: While it somewhat makes sense, the Magnifying Glass can already easily do that.
Scope: Will be displayed along with Control Core Count once I decided how I exactly handle the Range.

Threads, Caching and Throughput might be an important one, but maybe I find a GUI-less way for those too. :wink:

3 Likes

Er… The main thing is that it has a screen on its texture. It would be a little strange to look at it with a magnifying glass, because I think the words on the screen are not so small as to be unclear, and this is more reasonable. I think this kind of high-tech thing looks backward without GUI…

4 Likes

@Gregorius to remedy this debate perhaps another tool akin to the magnifying glass could be designed to coincide with high tier level tech.
Basically identical to a magnifying glass but that visually looks like a meter or tablet, maybe uses EU and only works on high tier devices.

3 Likes

But isn’t there already a screen? Also, the use of Logistics Core seems very complex, maybe it can not be fully explained in tooltip…

3 Likes