The most amazing base ever (wow!)

And as such, our GT6 adventure finally properly starts.

We begin with The Hole™. The Hole™ is our rock quarry as well as a place where we keep all the naughty children who didn’t forfeit all of their resources to us.

As you may be able to tell, it was supposed to be an open quarry for no reason other than nobody having any torches to light up the tunnel, but thankfully the nearby desert has loads of random crap free for the taking, among which is coal. You may also be able to spot the Hole Advanced Protection Fence™ which was installed after a certain someone kept falling into The Hole™.

Then we have our very first crucible. This is the Mark 3 design utilizing highly advanced protective lids to prevent my ass from falling into molten iron for the 15th time. This design is what would later become the Mark 5 (or 6 or maybe 7, I honestly lost track) after repeatedly blowing up due to red granite not being suitable for melting hematite.

This is the final-ish version with a ceramic crucible:

As you can see we took out the back section of the wall for a second mold so we can safely drain excess calcite (which didn’t end up being required in our successful run). You can also see or berry bush farm which goes entirely unused because cows drop an entire meat buffet.

And here are our only two iron ingots we have made so far (the crucible exploded 3 seconds after the ingots made it into the mold, hell yeah!) and after needing to crawl onto IRC and asking Greg for help we managed to actually do it, after which we collapsed because it was like 2 in the morning already.

And that concludes this tour - we have nothing else other than some limestone walls and the pile of bricks that makes our iron, we may have been a bit to busy picking up random pebbles to finally get a club with a tier high enough to properly smash the rad granite layer below us.

4 Likes

For a moment I thought “weird, two people who went for the nonviable Rock Crucibles”, and then I realized “oh right he has Bob in his name, not to mention the Bobmazon catalogue in his Mod” XD

Yeah the Stone Crucibles will continue to exist and be craftable, but they will be hidden from NEI so people dont think by accident that this is a good Idea.

Using an upsidedown Slab above the Crucible helps with the whole walking into it problem, since you cant walk into 1.5 tall places in 1.7.10 (unless Et Futurum Requiem backported that sneaking Feature)

Edit: Also just a random did you know: those zigzag Factory Roofs (such as in your NTM worldgen). The vertical parts of those are actually windows, while the diagonal parts are the roofs, this is to make ventilation for the building easier. Meanwhile you have a solid chunk of bricks for that Roof XD

2 Likes

Brilliant! I shall myself endeavor to create a copy of “The Hole” as you have inspired me.

Lovely that you hung your first two iron on the wall, because that’s the only thing the zombies won’t smash to bits. I’m assuming you’ll be invaded and eaten any moment now. Perhaps the next wanderers to encounter your base can use them.

3 Likes

This is The Pit, our first hematite quarry. We haven’t actually found any hematite yet and we aren’t sure whether we’re even doing this right but there were like three chunks of raw hematite on the surface so I decided to dig there.

We also used our new founded iron knowledge to make a coke oven, at least now we’re no longer short on fuel all the time.

We’re playing vanilla GT6 with a few added mods, zombies aren’t all that fearsome :stuck_out_tongue: our biggest issue right now is the Matter Overdrive androids that spawn absolutely everywhere combined with the lack of armor due to the recipe changes.

2 Likes

I see. I run the horror server, with much death, suffering, and dying. Did I mention death and suffering?

If you found raw hematite on the top, you’ll find hematite at bedrock. It may not be huge, but there will be bedrock hematite which you can mine late game for unlimited ore.

2 Likes

You found a Hemtatite Bedrock Ore, go dig down to Bedrock and you will find a decent amount of it, alongside the Bedrock Ore itself which in the lategame can be harvested for Infinite Hematite and its Byproducts.

2 Likes

What he said. Booyah.

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah we found the hematite vein, the bedrock ores and in addition accidentally struck a gold vein as well.

2 Likes

Simple thing, if you find actual Raw Ore on the Surface, it is a Bedrock Vein (or just a Meteorite Item), same goes for specific Flowers (though those tend to be surrounded by Raw Ore Rocks too)

1 Like

Ok now i’m panicking, we found the bare minimum of cinnabar for the mercury thermometer and i put it in the crucible and now it’s in the ingot mold, how do i get it out? It doesn’t turn into the ingot form which it has for some reason, and i can’t fish it out with a glass bottle either.

2 Likes

Oh you need to cool the mold electrically for that mistake… Or live in a cold enough Biome.

So I dont think you have no choice but get new Mercury.

1 Like
3 Likes

Mercury should be scooped out with a bottle (fixed qty) or jug (variable qty). Maybe you just didn’t have enough to fill the bottle. Try a jug.

2 Likes

He already poured it into a Mold, where you cant extract anything from anymore.

1 Like

I’ve done that before and wasted a bunch of mercury. =P

2 Likes