The Future of Mechaenetia

I want it too, I just get easily distracted by interesting things, and I’m very single-focussed…

I really hope there wont be any distraction anytime soon (I’m finally done with Dwarf Fortress for now), so that I can get at least an editable Voxel Area done (superflat & void) for me to build stuff in (even if its just Flat-Color Blocks), and working Input Devices (especially their customization), and Multiplayer right away (dont want that to be an afterthought).

One of the things I personally am looking most forward to is opening a basic public Test Server and just hanging out, doing stuff in there. Definitely better than going outside meeting real people. XD

9 Likes

Alright, I’m down for that. You’ve got an awesome title screen going. What would it take to get a basic chunk loaded?
I think getting something physical on screen will do wonders for your inspiration and I’m interested in seeing a project grow.

3 Likes

Still working on the next GT6 Version, because that seriously needs to be released soon, considering how long it has been since the last one…

Also OvermindDL1 is messing around in the project too, so the very recent stuff there wasn’t me. XD

3 Likes

I was playing around with learning bevy’s new UI library, lol.

1 Like

now that your Minecraft account is officially kaput (as far as I’VE been told at least), does this mean we’ll see tentative progress on Mechaenetia?

2 Likes

My Account may be destroyed but my offline Launcher still works. XD

I played through the Twilight Forest Dimension in my GT6+TF+TC+Other Pack, and now I am trying to complete Thaumcraft properly to see if Compat works right (last time i completed it was during the GT5 era), and to see which Thaumcraft things are actually useful in Twilight Forest.

One stupid thing I found out is that Twilight Forest DOES add Aspects to almost all of its Items, but not to its Mobs, so I had to fix that one, otherwise you cant recharge your Wand by killing TF Mobs. Also the Fire Wand Focus is great against Maze Slimes.

Did you know if you spam Bookshelves around your Research Table, you will get free Research Aspects over time? That one is overpowered as hell. XD

3 Likes

I suspect a quarter of all TC4 players have accidentally discovered this because of how fashionable bookshelves are in Thaumcraft rooms

3 Likes

Can confirm, happened to me when i played GT5 with Thaumcraft, and I didnt know where the heck those Bonus Aspects came from.

3 Likes